We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Hybrid View

The LOTRO Beacon: Issue 26

Thank you for reading the LOTRO Beacon. Don't forget to reply below to the weekly comment for your chance to win 500 LOTRO Points! We'll select a random winner after Noon Eastern on Thursday, September 21st. Good luck!
    Community Manager, Lord of the Rings Online
    Follow LOTRO on: Twitter - Facebook - Google+ - Pinterest - Twitch - YouTube
    Find Cordovan on: Twitter Instagram
    Support: help.standingstonegames.com
    coolcool

What are you least good at doing in LOTRO?

Questing..Good at
    Raiding....Good at
    Crafting....Good at
    Leveling....Good at
    Festivals...Good at
    Deeding...Good at
    Fishing....Good at
    Hoarding...Extremely Good at

This is why lotro is so addictive, things can be achieved with time and effort. Not too easy, but also not impossible, and lots of fun. Hates off to the Devs for making and keeping this game interesting and fun.

*Hats off....

Always proof read......

Dealing with my item hoarding.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercho View Post

Dealing with my item hoarding.
    Secret is ALTS, lots of Alts. Short Alts, Alts with no knees, Slim and pretty Alts, and even big strong man Alts.

Logging out to play a different game. My Steam backlog is getting out of hand.

Wish I was "Good at" all aspects of the game, but my weakness is in questing/deeds. Just takes to much time. That is why I auto-follow Steelfist, most of the time. Guess Steelfist is sorta like Batman, and I am like Robin. Every super hero needs a weak, always in trouble, sidekick.

@Steelfinger

Awh.....isn't that special. Next time your on auto follow, we will test to see how good that feature really works around cliffs.

Raids... I always get lost/die and can't find my way back to the group.
    XanThorr the Well-Met
    "Meddle not in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup"

~~Beeornfree 113 Beorning of Evernight~~Xanthorr-1 110 High Elf Hunter of Evernight
    ~~Beeornfree 98 Beorning of Gladden~~Xanaxier 105 Guardian of Gladden~~Xanthorr-1 103 Hunter of Gladden
    ~~Beeornfree 108 Beorning of Landroval
    ~~Beeornfree 38 Beorning of Arkenstone~~Xanthorr 35 High Elf Hunter of Arkenstone
    ~~Beeornfree 29 Beorning of Brandywine~~Xanthorr 30 High Elf Hunter of Brandywine
    ~~Beeornfree 29 Beorning of Crickhallow~~Xanthorr 37 High Elf Hunter of Crickhallow

Keeping quiet when the game gets broken through lack of attention to detail or thought.
    105s: Aedfrith (HN), Aldnoth (CP), Brai (RK), Hrolfdan (MN), Aeldfryd (WD), Morriarty (CH), Aednoth (LM), Mishhar (BR), Hraldan (GR), Rummbold (BG). Tinies - Rumbelina (MN), Aenghus (CP)
    Rangers of Eriador (officer), ex-Snowbourn now Laurelin - A Noob for All Seasons

Fighting from horseback.
    ~~ If it hurts, it means you're still alive so you can stop whining. Now. ~~

Avoiding pie!

Getting the best end-game gear. Who has time for that when you're reading every quest, completing every deed and exploring in every nook and cranny of Middle-earth?

(On the other hand, it might actually help me in Mordor.... )

Raids.... never had folks to run them with when I first started, now I'm afraid to do them because I don't want to make anyone mad, LOL. After 7 years of playing, still haven't really done any...*hides her face in shame
    Na lû e-govaned vîn, Novaer.

I'm really good at sneaking!

Doing the little hobbitses's quests

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post

Thank you for reading the LOTRO Beacon. Don't forget to reply below to the weekly comment for your chance to win 500 LOTRO Points! We'll select a random winner after Noon Eastern on Thursday, September 21st. Good luck!
    What am I least good at in LotRO? playing with nice others

Cashing in my festival/anniversary tokens. The Bree vendor does appear on my minimap, but appears to be invisible whenever I look at the spot where he should be standing. Clicking on his supposed presence doesn't do anything either, so perhaps the map is making fun of me?
    When Life Gives You Rotten Lemons, Your Lemonade Will Taste Horrible !

Logging off.

~ Check my Kinship at Gladden server: The Fate of Middle Earth ~

Grinding for gear...

Sergio :-)
    Moved from Riddermark to Landroval on 2/10/1015!

getting epics done

Staying Alive

Dead by a million ways is how I live the game.

What do I do least well?

Tolerate quests and deeds that = running errands for people - especially hobbits. Best example of this is the farmer's market tasks in Oatbarton...somehow I can never quite make myself go through that whole thing.

I know it gives a ton of mathoms, but life is too short. I'm not on game to do pedestrian stuff!

Dealing with elitist players.

What are you least good at doing in LotRO?
    Repetition.
    I amar prestar aen. Han mathon ne nen. Han mathon ned cae. A han noston ned gwilith.
    Palenen - Elendilmir - The royal gem of Arnor - "May you 'Jingle Jangle' into the West."
    Alliance of the North -> The Team (Elendilmir) - Conviction (Vilya) - DoME (Gladden)