We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

New server recommendation

So... Since Arkenstone seems to have become focused pretty much on endgame only recently, and requests for anything non-Mordor generally get ignored or trolled, it's time to move. Are there any servers left where those who take their time to actually enjoy the content of this game and not just rush to endgame, are still welcome, and where requests for doing stuff that's non-endgame related (such as a simple lvl 105 3-person instance) don' just get ignored or trolled?

So, my opinion on this subject is that it isn't as much a server thing as it is a kinship thing. I do not game on Arkenstone so I can't say anything with authority but here on Landroval there are many kins that do things like you are asking. I think the key is to decide the type of gamestyle you are looking to play and find a kin that is accommodating to that. If you swap to Landroval, give me a shout on my main kin Algonacy. Our kin is House of Play and we have 20+ people on regularly doing all levels of content.

https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...mature-kinship
    Inter faex et urina nascitur sumus

That RP server (Laurelin) still has groups for almost everything. Some you may have to start yourself but no one is elitist here. Only thing is research before you choose name and some Kins are kinda picky about Bio's. Also there are many people who refuse to drop anon/rp for groups; if you take them or not is up to you. World Chat is often RL event chat, including 'off-limits subjects for polite company' but is still very helpful for any in-game help advice (although some queries will be met with debating opinions). The Bards are also quite busy on the server.

Quote Originally Posted by algonacy View Post
    So, my opinion on this subject is that it isn't as much a server thing as it is a kinship thing. I do not game on Arkenstone so I can't say anything with authority but here on Landroval there are many kins that do things like you are asking. I think the key is to decide the type of gamestyle you are looking to play and find a kin that is accommodating to that. If you swap to Landroval, give me a shout on my main kin Algonacy. Our kin is House of Play and we have 20+ people on regularly doing all levels of content.

https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...mature-kinship

Yes, Landroval is a great server.

If you are on Facebook, then look for the Faces of Landroval page and get a feel for the server there as well.

I play on Arkenstone as well, but Landroval is my main server now. I'm in Horizon Kinship there.
    In place of a dark lord, you shall have Queen...... All shall love me and dispair

Quote Originally Posted by Fatty View Post
    So... Since Arkenstone seems to have become focused pretty much on endgame only recently, and requests for anything non-Mordor generally get ignored or trolled, it's time to move. Are there any servers left where those who take their time to actually enjoy the content of this game and not just rush to endgame, are still welcome, and where requests for doing stuff that's non-endgame related (such as a simple lvl 105 3-person instance) don' just get ignored or trolled?
    I think you will find that all servers are mostly focusing on end-game content, that is just the nature of a MMO game. That said, Arkenstone is the server with the highest population count, but Crickhollow is the current "preferred" server, which means you will get more new players that are just starting to level. Gladden was the preferred server until the last patch, so you may find newer players there going through levels.

As for level 105 instances, I'm afraid that won't be an easy task on any server.... I wouldn't pay to move for that, because you will run in the same problem on each server. Everyone that has one ore more 105 toons, will have been focussing on leveling.... whether that be through mordor questing, or through instances that are quick and have plenty of exp, such as warg pens.

The behaviour you are describing is something that is present in most MMO's unfortunately, changing servers will not change it.
    Moved from Riddermark to Arkenstone on 9/29/2015!
    -----
    Disclaimer: The definition of "Soon™" is based solely on SSG's interpretation of the word, and all similarities with dictionary definitions of the word "Soon™" are purely coincidental and should not be interpreted as a time frame that will come to pass within a reasonable amount of time.

Crickhollow is the home of the kin Casual Wanderers.

http://casualwanderers.gamerlaunch.com/

Read that and see if it sounds to your liking. Currently level 50 for now using Tortoise Stones. Kinda slow right now due to Mordor and festivals but sure to pickup at some point sooner or later.
    "I never feed trolls and I don't read spam" - Weird Al Yankovic

Quote Originally Posted by Rugongrod View Post
    Crickhollow is the home of the kin Casual Wanderers.

http://casualwanderers.gamerlaunch.com/

Read that and see if it sounds to your liking. Currently level 50 for now using Tortoise Stones. Kinda slow right now due to Mordor and festivals but sure to pickup at some point sooner or later.
    Well, my three characters on Arkenstone are 105, 60 and 12 respectively, so they fall a bit out of your focus... And then it's the usual problem playing as a European on a US server of course, with there not being enough people on in your primetime...

Harndirion, or the Party Tree during festivals.
    And then it's the usual problem playing as a European on a US server of course, with there not being enough people on in your primetime...
    I can't speak for other servers as I am primarily on Crickhollow, but there are a number of EU players on the server and there are usually people on round the clock as we have other timezones as well.

maartena is spot on.

I've never been much more active than a casual gamer with a short run as an officer on a previous kin. When updates and new stuff would come out I used to be able to level up with the masses and have plenty of people to do everything with. Now that I have a kid and my playing time is near nothing I still have yet to hit level 115 on my main. I know that within RareBreed we have a few members that team up with their alts to work on lower level content instead of just having a fellow 115 blow the way through for them. I'm not sure if they know each other in RL of if it just came to be. But that would be my suggestion. Try to find a few people with either alts or lover level/ similar level toons that are like minded and you are set. Not easy to find, I'm sure, but if you lead the way you may get a few people to be the best gaming buddies you ever found.

What Arkenstone are you playing on?

I have zero issues getting groups for any old content uincluding Moria, rift, helegrod on lvl runs ect.

Sure it may take a half hour of trying but they get filled. That is unless you are wanting a full group of lvl 115's to hold your hand and power you through content. There are also a couple kins on Arkenstone that use the turtle stone and do stuff at different lvls (I know one is a lvl 50 and the other is 75 but forget their names)

Now as far as endgame... what endgame? Featured Instances or the Crafting Instances that people duo?

What times are you requesting these runs>? Are you using /world or the proper /lff channel

Sorry to sound abrasive but as someone who spends a lot of time out of his day on Arkenstone I just do not see these request being ignored, or trolled.
    I saw the light fade from the sky
    On the wind I heard a sigh
    As the snowflakes cover my fallen brothers
    I will say this last goodbye