We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

The LOTRO Beacon: Issue #25

Thank you for reading the LOTRO Beacon! Don't forget to reply below to the Weekly Comment for a chance to win 500 LOTRO Points. We'll select a random winner after Noon Eastern on Thursday, September 14th. Good luck!
    Community Manager, Lord of the Rings Online
    Follow LOTRO on: Twitter - Facebook - Google+ - Pinterest - Twitch - YouTube
    Find Cordovan on: Twitter Instagram
    Support: help.standingstonegames.com
    coolcool

Harndirion, or the Party Tree during festivals.

What is the key to good fishing in LOTRO?

Good bait

Weekly Question 25

Good bait...and a pole...and a body of water (even a self-contained body of water, like a quarry pond, which can only be filled with rain water and has no ties to any stream, river, creek, lake, etc.).
    "...At least it tells us they understand our language; they're just not willing to speak to us in it. -Who knew they were French?"

Fish! Raw and wriggling!

a Rohirric Fishing Rod
    Last edited by Gruntzz; Sep 07 2017 at 09:42 PM.

Patience and good timing.

The key to good fishing in LOTRO:

Watch the pole, not the bait. If you watch the bait, you may twitch and get nothing. If you watch the pole, when it goes, you got a fish... or weeds?!!

Good fishing is in the scenery, sit back and enjoy it, weeds, boots, and rusty daggers.

Patience... and some killer cosmetics so you look good standing around

Good fishing?

Make sure the water is the right colour. Pink water is sometimes OK. Even in the depths of Moria you can find the occasional fish.
    But green water is bad, m'kay? It looks like weewee and is even worse for you.
    And make sure the stuff in the pools is water, not RED HOT BURNING DEATH LAVA. If your pole melts, that's a clue it's generally not OK to fish there.
    105s: Aedfrith (HN), Aldnoth (CP), Brai (RK), Hrolfdan (MN), Aeldfryd (WD), Morriarty (CH), Aednoth (LM), Mishhar (BR), Hraldan (GR), Rummbold (BG). Tinies - Rumbelina (MN), Aenghus (CP)
    Rangers of Eriador (officer), ex-Snowbourn now Laurelin - A Noob for All Seasons

as long as you catch something, your doing it right. Fishing is like a box of chocolate, you never know what your going to get.

No one knows. Otherwise "Fishy. Very Fishy" quest would be completeable

Using the right bait in a good spot.
    Pontin Level 115 Hobbit Burglar Kinship Second Breakfast Crickhollow Server. Staff member of the Lord of the Rings Discord Server, and Owner of Middle-Earth Lore discord.
    Alts: Legoan Elf Hunter, Belladonea Hobbit Minstrel, Unnari Dwarf Guardian, Jorunn Man Captain, Sallyberry Hobbit Warden. Laurelin Server, Edwell Man Hunter.

Here's some of my Screenshots Throughout Middle Earth. Also can follow me on Twitter for Adventures in Middle Earth and more!

For fly fishing, using a bit of Hobbit foot hair in tying the fly work wonders.

Keep your eye on the pole. I find that turning the camera a quarter turn so I'm seeing my avatar in 3/4 profile is key for me. Even if I'm not fully paying attention I'll almost aways see the pole move. Also, have a good book handy (although I like to make sure it's one I've read before so I don't give all my attention to it and miss a fish) helps pass the time while you watch the pole
    Claribel~Abelwise~Amanaros~Cyl eth~Ellinia~Findalia~Hamlova~I orana Yelsalot~Lunella~Saeltha~Adama rit~Barannar~Brankle~Freogar~G will~Halenborn~Pentirith~Tafr~ Thanderic~Elladon Yelsalot~Caronas~Dryla~Hamor

The only important thing is to equip Erebrandir's horseshoe. Or his otherhorseshoe will do, too.

A good pole, a nice pond and plenty of patience.
    XanThorr the Well-Met
    "Meddle not in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup"

~~Beeornfree 113 Beorning of Evernight~~Xanthorr-1 110 High Elf Hunter of Evernight
    ~~Beeornfree 98 Beorning of Gladden~~Xanaxier 105 Guardian of Gladden~~Xanthorr-1 103 Hunter of Gladden
    ~~Beeornfree 108 Beorning of Landroval
    ~~Beeornfree 38 Beorning of Arkenstone~~Xanthorr 35 High Elf Hunter of Arkenstone
    ~~Beeornfree 29 Beorning of Brandywine~~Xanthorr 30 High Elf Hunter of Brandywine
    ~~Beeornfree 29 Beorning of Crickhallow~~Xanthorr 37 High Elf Hunter of Crickhallow

Making sure your shadow doesn't scare the fish.

Explosives, lots of explosives!

Quote Originally Posted by Phindecano View Post

No one knows. Otherwise "Fishy. Very Fishy" quest would be completeable
    Also, ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ THIS ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^!
    Please fix or, at least, address the issue: https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...-Fishy-(Quest)

PS: To quote a Dolphin, "Thanks for all the fish!''

A +5 Pole.

Location, location, location!
    Iaralor | Riddorra | Cirnordar | Thransi | Fanion | Tarro | Otleif | Mallelleth

It's all about location

You must face a body of water.

Greetings, Polymachos
    Treufried, human Level 115 Lore Master, formerly from Maiar (DE), now on Belegaer
    Räuberhöhle auf Belegaer, Breelandsiedlung, Ochsbott, Lange Straße 5. Vorsicht, Fallen!
    Alexophor, human Level 115 Hunter, formerly a Nimrod, now on Landroval
    Awkward Animal Arena in Breeland Homesteads, 6 Long Street, Ersward (Landroval)

Well the shiniest one of course! Fishies love shinies...

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast