We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Starliteyes View Post
    No, it's not impossible. It's like learning to ride a bike--seems impossible, but once you "get" it, it's easy!

... I stay on the catapult and use it to take out the mobs on the field. You can see the orcs moving in rows and can usually get a few hits before they move too close to the keep. You will see the kill numbers float up.
    In the nearly-a-dozen times I've attempted this battle, once the enemy catapults are defeated there aren't any enemies close enough to kill with the catapult. I don't know why you're seeing things I'm not seeing, but seriously, the enemies just disband from the area after the catapults are destroyed. In two of my attempts, the catapult could not be positioned near enough to the enemy catapult to destroy it. Tried and tried, but without enough engineer points it will only go where it will go. The other attempts I *could* position it close enough to take out the enemy catapults. So at least two of my attempts were bugged.

Also, the BB select screen indicates that Deeping Wall starts with 100% merit. Mine is always at 50%, and that number never EVER goes up, only down, no matter what I do. I got gold in several side quests without even working the side quests, but of course lost that because I failed the instance.

Bottom line - the frustration of trying to pass this POS is over the top. Totally unnecessary and also totally unacceptable to make it that hard to progress the story that the whole game is based around.

My argument is not, and never was, to eliminate big battles. I'm happy there are players who love them. Seriously. Have your fun, the game needs all the players it can get. Just give the rest of us a way to pass them and progress the epic story without tearing our hair out.

Quote Originally Posted by BentoIce View Post
    My argument is not, and never was, to eliminate big battles. I'm happy there are players who love them. Seriously. Have your fun, the game needs all the players it can get. Just give the rest of us a way to pass them and progress the epic story without tearing our hair out.
    Yup, make them not required. For a couple of years they gave all: best gear/medallions. A randomly buggy extra minigame within the game. Boxed rewards that were widely duped.
    Actually, since they still randomly bug, have a very bad tutorial, run poorly and have features such as enemies scaling sheer walls that are otherwise impassable, breaking the logic of the game - do remove them entirely.
    How to get rid of the bug battle bugs? Remove the 'epic' battles.

Or, you know, give them the polish they needed (and we screamed for) over half a decade ago.
    Which would take way too many hours.
    Removal from the epics/trait tree points and making the rewards cosmetic is really the only reasonable way to go.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2