We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Mordor too hard to solo quest content

Mordor IS impossible to solo quest content, and NO im not grouping up.
    canceled sub, want my money back. Horrible game now.

Too bad.
    See ya later.
    Have fun whatever you choose to do.
    ............................ missed a putt.........................At a Dead & Co. show on a Mexican beach............ another Dead & Co. show at the same beach a year later
    The real Boraxxe... wearing his "Get off my lawn!" face and his "I smoked my lawn" face, and yes, that's a banana, no, I'm not happy to see you.
    If it's not dangerous, it's not fun!
    Golfing Hobby yes....Golfing Hobby yes

2 Waterbank Road, Eryn Lelryn, Falathlorn Homesteads
    Quote Originally Posted by blindboy View Post
    It's not impossible. You might need to rethink your rotations and get some LoE armor from quest rewards.
    Tolella Hlothran ~ Minstrel ~ 115
    Crickhollow
    Officer ~ Phoenix Rising

It sounds like you need more Light of Eärendil. Barter some ash for the gear. It's basically the new version of radiance gear, it's absolutely required to do the content.
    "For them to perceive the advantage of defeating the enemy, they must also have their rewards." ~Sun Tzu

Why is it that people wanting to play a genre of game that literally has "multiplayer' in it's title get upset when they have to play with other people? It makes no sense to me. In my opinion these people aren't missed one bit. These people leaving strengthens the community element of this game.
    "Not all who wander are lost." - Tolkien

^^^^ Solo'd ALL Mordor content, just sayin!
    CAANWICK - Wardenist - Make Wardens Great Again!!! / CAANJOB - The Ettenmoors' worst Burglar / CAANJAAL - Hunter
    "If you find yourself in a fair fight, you've already lost!"
    Misadventurers-Arkenstone

Quote Originally Posted by CDingler View Post

Gotta admit, I was worried as well. But I have had no issues so far with going solo in mordor on my champ. And I don't even have a full set of mordor gear yet. Still using half of my level 105 set I had. I have to be careful how many I pull at once but it can be soloed. At least with my champ anyway. Can't speak for other classes at the moment. I can pull 3 mobs at once with my champ and be okay ( if I play my skills correctly that is ) at the moment. I wouldn't want to try more as I know that would be to much.

P.S. I really wish people wouldn't be glad when others leave, especially ones that are paying customers. As every one that leaves or stops paying means SSG has less money to make new content and those of us still here and still paying, wind up paying more for everything. We should be supportive and helpful and try to keep those people here in the game instead of just adding to their grief and making them want to leave more.

Me too on my Hunter, finished it yesterday and now on to the dailies.
    Also just finished Udun on my Mini solo.

Yes it's a lot harder than what we've been used to, but that's the point.

Loving having to actually think how to play my class to it's best ability again.

Quote Originally Posted by soltasword View Post
    P.S. I really wish people wouldn't be glad when others leave, especially ones that are paying customers. As every one that leaves or stops paying means SSG has less money to make new content and those of us still here and still paying, wind up paying more for everything. We should be supportive and helpful and try to keep those people here in the game instead of just adding to their grief and making them want to leave more.
    Thank you! We lost numerous servers from people leaving the game (including my home world of Vilya (R.I.P.)) and we probably almost lost the game itself when WB/Turbine unloaded it because of the exodus of players. Nobody who cares about the game should be glad that others are leaving.

It isn't impossible at all. Admittedly I first entered Mordor using a housing Mordor door entrance, and well, that didn't go so well. Once I did book 8 and 9 and entered Udun, it was challenging with a few deaths, but as I figured out the nuances of the new content, it became much easier to do.

Horrible? Not at all. A fun challenge, yes. Can't just enter Mordor and expect to slice through everything like a hot knife through butter.

EDIT I just wish there was a pray emote where I could kneel down on one knee, head bowed, sword pulled up against me, and facing defeat, I could die with honor lol
    115 Wickedbrew Draughtbane - Man Guardian; 115 Sequipedalian Wordsworth - Man Lore-Master; 115 Noirraven Phantomfire - Elf Rune Knight; 115 Esgalwathalion Beleguron - High Elf Captain; 90 Aemistrue Tautstring - Elf Hunter; 35 Grump Drunkenslobber - Dwarf Champion; 32 Beersuds Tookastout - Hobbit Burglar

I had trouble as well, but seem to have cleared the hurdle. One of those was a quest, Fatal Prize, that they have since fixed. What class are you playing and what level is your legendary?

Am wondering if my 105 hunter is a bit underarmed with 51k mastery, around 22k finesse, and around 20k crit ... he is having a bit of trouble in Udun, solo

Quote Originally Posted by iarlnir View Post
    Am wondering if my 105 hunter is a bit underarmed with 51k mastery, around 22k finesse, and around 20k crit ... he is having a bit of trouble in Udun, solo
    Your PMast and Finesse are a bit low, and Crit is a little high. I rebuilt a T2 ready Hunter specifically for going into Mordor. My numbers were PMast 74k, Finesse 30k, Crit 17k, PMit and TMit 24k. Mordor was tricky at first because of Shadow and new B/P/E metrics, but once I got a few gear drops, I was rolling.
    CAANWICK - Wardenist - Make Wardens Great Again!!! / CAANJOB - The Ettenmoors' worst Burglar / CAANJAAL - Hunter
    "If you find yourself in a fair fight, you've already lost!"
    Misadventurers-Arkenstone

DPS classes have it too easy.

Gotta admit, I was worried as well. But I have had no issues so far with going solo in mordor on my champ. And I don't even have a full set of mordor gear yet. Still using half of my level 105 set I had. I have to be careful how many I pull at once but it can be soloed. At least with my champ anyway. Can't speak for other classes at the moment. I can pull 3 mobs at once with my champ and be okay ( if I play my skills correctly that is ) at the moment. I wouldn't want to try more as I know that would be to much.

Another proof of DPS class having it easier.

Quote Originally Posted by Grapold View Post
    Me too on my Hunter, finished it yesterday and now on to the dailies.
    Also just finished Udun on my Mini solo.

Yes it's a lot harder than what we've been used to, but that's the point.

Loving having to actually think how to play my class to it's best ability again.
    Look again, DPS Class. Now the OP Mini. heh

I wish SSG would see the trend.
    'Ú-damdir.'
    Palenen - Elendilmir - The royal gem of Arnor - "May you 'Jingle Jangle' into the West."

For the record, it's generally not that players are glad when other players are leaving. It's that the players that are leaving decide to post pointless threads like this as they're on their way out the door. If you've already made up your mind to quit, dropping a 3 sentence rage quit post in the forum doesn't really help any other players or make any effort to improve the game, it just makes you seem petulant. That impression makes other players want to remind you not to let the door hit you on your way out when you take your ball and go home.
    "Not all those who wander are lost." -Tolkien
    "No matter where you go, there you are." -Confucius

What kind of gear is recommended for Mordor and can it be acquired through solo play?

I'm a casual player wearing quest reward drops and am wondering if I even have a chance at entering Mordor (not there yet) or what I need to do to prepare. I hear people saying we need this or that of various stats, but I'm not sure where I should be looking to acquire these.

From what I have experienced the key to Mordor as a Champ is:

-Switch Traits from Armour and Health to Mitigations and In-Combat morale regen. Mine are at the cap of 20.
    -Keep upgrading for higher armour gear as drops and quest rewards are available. Armour is central to Mordor combat. You can worry about nice gear when you hit level cap by finding all of the Rare Mordor Chest.
    -At 207, things became easier...the first 2 levels are difficult.
    -At 213, you need to have 300+dps on your legendary + 400dps offhand, if you dual wield. I went back to red line and bought a crystal just to do the Talath prison area after far too many deaths. No idea how people are doing with 2H weapons.

-Don't use landscape soldiers. They like to chase other peoples horses and bring back a ton of mobs. -_-
    -That said, the Fatal Prize quest was crazy and since nerfed. 2 Brood Mothers is hard and aggro since fixed, Husk Orcs are avoid at all cost - only fight the low level ones in the swamp
    -Don't attempt yellow Orc bases until you are at cap, they are level cap areas with Rare Mordor chests scattered inside the regions.
    -For most of the fortresses, solo is possible but expect to get overwhelmed at some point. Right now it is busy with multiple groups and players so it's easier than it will be in the future.
    -The orc fighting pits when the timer runs out....2 mobs yes, 3...no. Why is there a timer for the disguise and why is rez on the far side of the map!
    -The watching stone wraiths seemed bug where someone fails and you end up with 6+ camped out waiting.

-And if you have maxed your legendary dps by grinding crystals, you probably don't care about any of that, because everyone is saying maxed legendaries are easy mode. Ideally, they should add a crystal or 2 to the book rewards as a one time reward for those that are more casual.

You can do it solo, take the mordor challenge!

Gulz posting on the wrong account.

This. Thanks for posting.

Quote Originally Posted by CloudCastle View Post
    What kind of gear is recommended for Mordor and can it be acquired through solo play?

I'm a casual player wearing quest reward drops and am wondering if I even have a chance at entering Mordor (not there yet) or what I need to do to prepare. I hear people saying we need this or that of various stats, but I'm not sure where I should be looking to acquire these.
    Quest gear.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkoftheRealm View Post
    Thank you! We lost numerous servers from people leaving the game (including my home world of Vilya (R.I.P.)) and we probably almost lost the game itself when WB/Turbine unloaded it because of the exodus of players. Nobody who cares about the game should be glad that others are leaving.
    Noone wants player to leave. But prefered some which aren't able to play and aren't willing to group leave, before they make mordor a joke as every other landscape again. It's already to easy once you're geared

Quote Originally Posted by CloudCastle View Post

Gear isn't this important all you should do is to have 30k + finesse before entering or you will have a lot of full avoids

Quote Originally Posted by Baronh2o View Post
    Why is it that people wanting to play a genre of game that literally has "multiplayer' in it's title get upset when they have to play with other people? It makes no sense to me. In my opinion these people aren't missed one bit. These people leaving strengthens the community element of this game.
    The definition of multiplayer is NOT "you must group with others". It simply means there are many people playing. :P

LoL
    23. Goodbye and farewell.
    We appreciate that players have made meaningful personal connections while playing our games and we also appreciate that sometimes it’s time to say goodbye and move along to something else. We feel that heartfelt goodbyes are best done in private with personal messages to those who you will miss and who will miss you, not as missives to everyone who happens to read your post. Posts of that nature typically do not end well and as a result we will close or remove goodbye/farewell threads.

https://www.lotro.com/en/content/community-guidelines

Quote Originally Posted by iarlnir View Post
    I have a couple of alts in this boat. It's a blast, with many deaths, but fun none-the-less.
    Treat others as you do your best pictures, and place them in their best light.

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast