We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Loading time much longer than before?

Is it me or is the loading time for the log in screen off the charts in slowness lately.

There were times I had to wait a full 5 minutes for it to load. I can watch youtube videos in the time I am waiting for the ability to log in. THis used to be only the case for patches and updates, but now it's just a standard waiting time even though my game is up to date.

Anyone else also experiencing this?

My apologies if this is the wrong forum to inquire about this.

It's never been 5 full minutes, but yes, I've noticed much longer loading times lately.

yes it is n i have this problem almost since anniversary event started
    its not every time, but some times its really more than 5 min, mark that my PC is brand new bought in April n its top gun quality!
    n other issue is the game crushing quite often, it used to be at some travel points, as Dol Amroth, Bree, Osgiliath, Minas Tirith
    after mordor it crashes in mordor landscape, anyway i m based there as the most of us do so no travels........
    lotr enthousiast since 1996, 12 years lotro player, lifetimer, Loyal member of the Spartans Kinship and leading Steward atm, now in Evernight imigrants from Eldar

this very evening i had time to go to the toilet, make a big cup of coffee, drink the half of it along with a big piece of cake
    it was at least 10-15 min waiting..........
    so i had the time to think good about it n figure out wht the heck this is..........
    its like the advertising before the movies, guys, they give enough time to do all the things i wrote above so you ll be ready for the big play.........
    :P :P :P :P
    lotr enthousiast since 1996, 12 years lotro player, lifetimer, Loyal member of the Spartans Kinship and leading Steward atm, now in Evernight imigrants from Eldar

Yes, I have noticed that the loading time seems to have increased. Maybe doubled.
    But I've also noticed that the game generally runs smoother. There is still the occasional CTD and lag/hitching in the usual places, but in the not-so-populated areas the experience is generally smoother.
    I was pleasantly surprised that in the new Mordor zones, even with the extreme player density, the lag/hitching was minimal.
    And my system is about 3 years old.
    ............................ missed a putt.........................At a Dead & Co. show on a Mexican beach............ another Dead & Co. show at the same beach a year later
    The real Boraxxe... wearing his "Get off my lawn!" face and his "I smoked my lawn" face, and yes, that's a banana, no, I'm not happy to see you.
    If it's not dangerous, it's not fun!
    Golfing Hobby yes....Golfing Hobby yes

Quote Originally Posted by Boraxxe View Post
    Yes, I have noticed that the loading time seems to have increased. Maybe doubled.
    But I've also noticed that the game generally runs smoother. There is still the occasional CTD and lag/hitching in the usual places, but in the not-so-populated areas the experience is generally smoother.
    I was pleasantly surprised that in the new Mordor zones, even with the extreme player density, the lag/hitching was minimal.
    And my system is about 3 years old.
    its not your system mate......
    this thing does not happen all the time n its not always the same time
    it varies, some times its a min or so some others 5-10 min but there r times that is over 10 min
    also i m getting DC quite often
    my 105 alt every time i m traveling from minas to host or osgiliath n at bree
    n my main in mordor n to/from house
    before mordor i had the same prob on main

It is true.

My game never used to crash.

Now I experience a crash quite often
    My specs are:
    64bit
    intel core i7
    Nvidia 840M

So the crashing is really lame.
    I don't see Sims 4 or Dragon Age Inquisition crashing on me.
    Then again they are not MMO's and I don't have the slightest clue how online games+crashing are different from offline games+crashing.

But still, it used to never crash on me so these regular crashes are a big problem for the user experience, especially when met with a big amount of loading time before being able to sign in again.

Loading time much longer than before?

Agreed, switching between toons takes much longer than previously. When I first log in I can switch between my 9 alts fairly quickly (I have a 5 yr old system so I expect it to take a little longer. I also experience the disconnect when loading between toons takes several minutes.

One other thing. The store takes at least a full minute to load. When I click on the icon I get the black screen immediately, but it takes at least a full minute to fully load
    I first noticed it the last day of Bullroarer. Didn't send a trouble report since I thought it might be my old system. Wondering if anyone else has experienced this. My friends get the store right away so I suspect it is my computer. Probably need to allocate more memory/file size to game.

Same problem here, with my main getting a lot of failed logins (i suppose are timeouts)...

Sergio :-)
    Moved from Riddermark to Landroval on 2/10/1015!