We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 63
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,421

    Keys Missing from Daily Expedition

    The Quests for the Daily Expedtion -> In particular the Talath Urui & Lhinris combination are missing the daily Black Steel Key from their quests.

    This is not Working as Intended as this quest has popped up several times, setting the limitation only being able to acquire keys from the store (So what is the point of even having the in-game version?).

    Quote Originally Posted by Severlin View Post
    There will never be a design that has loot from lootboxes that is statistically better than what you can gain someplace or somehow in game. Finding that loot in game might be hard, but it will be possible. Our overall design philosophy is that loot boxes are not required to reach the best gearing. If players do find some piece of gear that is best in slot and can only be gained through loot boxes then 1.) it is a bug or 2.) it is an oversight and will be fixed or 3.) there was some release timing issue and the loot will be available someplace in game soon.

    In this case the intent is that those rings can be purchased from the Ash vendor for an appropriately large amount of Ash.

    Sev~
    If this statement is meant to actually not be BS, then this a gaping oversight ----- so please fix it asap.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    MA, USA
    Posts
    5,715
    "Like butter scraped over too much bread."

    If you scrape bread over butter you're doing it wrong.
    The Lag is so bad I saw Sara Oakheart outrun someone - kickman77

    Cener, Ingo, Rilibald, Hesred, Halras, Belegthelion, Ingoror, Gloringo
    Arkenstone (ex-Elendilmir) - The Osgiliath Guard - http://www.theoldergamers.com

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,421
    Quote Originally Posted by Nosdracir View Post
    "Like butter scraped over too much bread."

    If you scrape bread over butter you're doing it wrong.
    D: Curses, my mistakes from other threads are bleeding!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    14,350
    Quote Originally Posted by Nosdracir View Post
    "Like butter scraped over too much bread."

    If you scrape bread over butter you're doing it wrong.
    Oh, I dunno. If it's a very hot day and the butter has melted into the dish, you'd probably want to tear off a small piece of bread, brush (not scrape) it across the melted butter, eat, and repeat with another piece.
    Eruanne - Shards of Narsil-1 - Elendilmir -> Arkenstone

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by OMG_PEANUTS View Post
    The Quests for the Daily Expedtion -> In particular the Talath Urui & Lhinris combination are missing the daily Black Steel Key from their quests.

    This is not Working as Intended as this quest has popped up several times, setting the limitation only being able to acquire keys from the store (So what is the point of even having the in-game version?).



    If this statement is meant to actually not be BS, then this a gaping oversight ----- so please fix it asap.
    I got the same thing, the TU/LN daily only rewards a rep item. I have also been getting a 2nd daily, DA/AG which rewards a rep item and a key.

    the 1st daily resets at 3.a.m. servertime and the 2nd at 10 a.m.(?) servertime.
    By doing both each day i get 2 rep items and 1 key.
    I also noticed that some of the daily quests per region aren't counting towards the 4. even though they are listed in the regions allegience quest log.
    some are landscape and some are done in the crafting instances but several times i completed the quest and it didn't count for the daily but did count towards the regions daily deeds.
    for example today's expedition took me 7 quests to finish the 4 required. 4 in Agarnaith and 3 in Dor Amorth before the expedition quest finished.

    I don't remember if the weekly rewards a key or not.
    Last edited by KM3161; Aug 13 2017 at 03:58 PM.

  6. #6
    Same. Did my dailies in Lhingris and got no key.

    Maybe they want you to spend 200 LP in a rage... surely not!
    105s: Aedfrith (HN), Aldnoth (CP), Brai (RK), Hrolfdan (MN), Aeldfryd (WD), Morriarty (CH), Aednoth (LM), Mishhar (BR), Hraldan (GR), Rummbold (BG). Tinies - Rumbelina (MN), Aenghus (CP)
    Rangers of Eriador (officer), ex-Snowbourn now Laurelin - A Noob for All Seasons

  7. #7
    Today's Udun/TU daily also has no key for me.

    Yesterday I did five (not four) DA/Agarnaith allegiance quests, and the corresponding daily refused to complete.

    I submitted a ticket, but the uncompleted daily of vanished from my quest log when the daily reset, so I'm sure the GMs will just say "tough luck".
    Dagoreth (Warden) and Belechannas (Lore-master) of Arkenstone

    < No Dorfs >
    Fighting the Dorf menace to Middle Earth since 2008

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Minas Tirith
    Posts
    1,456
    I can confirm that both Lhingris/TU and Udun/TU daily quests do not have a Black Steel Key as a reward.





    WAI? A disturbing trend if so.

  9. #9
    Oh well. The major reason for me to spend the $40 (instead of waiting till Dec for 2495 LP) was to level up to 115 and do the daily quests to get the black key per day per character. There is zero need for crafting resources nor for reputation once you get the first to 30 IMHO.

    Looks like the real-time nerfs are starting to come (e.g. 2000 Alliance exp went to 1000 per crafted token, item drop rates seem to have gone way down to diminish the ash raids, and now this). I guess I should have expected this and as a bonus I can get 13 keys for the LP I would have spent!

    Still having fun levelling up slowly. Lots of fun and lots of frustrations! 3 hours to do 5 quests. Go across the zone, come back, go back across the zone. die and appear half of the zone away. Find out your target in a lvl 108 zone is protected by 1 lvl 115 elite and 3 115 normal mobs all clumped together (????) on a rapid spawn cycle. Go figure.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Minas Tirith
    Posts
    1,456
    Gotten both of the previously mentioned no key quests again in the last two days. Hopefully this is resolved in Monday's update.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    2 Waterbank Road, Eryn Lelryn, Falathlorn Homesteads
    Posts
    2,379
    Quote Originally Posted by KM3161 View Post
    I got the same thing, the TU/LN daily only rewards a rep item. I have also been getting a 2nd daily, DA/AG which rewards a rep item and a key.

    the 1st daily resets at 3.a.m. servertime and the 2nd at 10 a.m.(?) servertime.
    By doing both each day i get 2 rep items and 1 key.
    I also noticed that some of the daily quests per region aren't counting towards the 4. even though they are listed in the regions allegience quest log.
    some are landscape and some are done in the crafting instances but several times i completed the quest and it didn't count for the daily but did count towards the regions daily deeds.
    for example today's expedition took me 7 quests to finish the 4 required. 4 in Agarnaith and 3 in Dor Amorth before the expedition quest finished.

    I don't remember if the weekly rewards a key or not.
    You complete four in each area. Not four total.
    Tolella Hlothran ~ Minstrel ~ 115
    Crickhollow
    Officer ~ Phoenix Rising

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by LethalLethality View Post
    You complete four in each area. Not four total.
    That's what i was starting to think too, however today i just now finished Udon/Talath.

    UD
    hatches, doorways, Fire grims
    TU
    pitfighter, 2 reclaiming camps

    and that's when the expedition quest completed.

    Thursday I picked up weekly (5 per region) and daily DA/AG. I did 5 DA quests 1st thing-it counted to weekly but all did not overlap to daily. If i finished 5 DA quests for weekly then they should have counted to the 4 DA expedition but the expedition didn't finish.
    I got a bug
    but they all counted to the foothold deed so it's ok because i would be doing them anyway.
    Last edited by KM3161; Aug 19 2017 at 07:10 PM.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,421
    Quote Originally Posted by LagunaD2 View Post
    Today's Udun/TU daily also has no key for me.

    Yesterday I did five (not four) DA/Agarnaith allegiance quests, and the corresponding daily refused to complete.

    I submitted a ticket, but the uncompleted daily of vanished from my quest log when the daily reset, so I'm sure the GMs will just say "tough luck".
    Quote Originally Posted by KM3161 View Post
    That's what i was starting to think too, however today i just now finished Udon/Talath.

    UD
    hatches, doorways, Fire grims
    TU
    pitfighter, 2 reclaiming camps

    and that's when the expedition quest completed.

    Thursday I picked up weekly (5 per region) and daily DA/AG. I did 5 DA quests 1st thing-it counted to weekly but all did not overlap to daily. If i finished 5 DA quests for weekly then they should have counted to the 4 DA expedition but the expedition didn't finish.
    I got a bug
    but they all counted to the foothold deed so it's ok because i would be doing them anyway.
    The dailies you do have to be part of the 5 available for that day. Since they dont cancel when it changes around, you get a few left in your log that may not count for that particular day.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by OMG_PEANUTS View Post
    The dailies you do have to be part of the 5 available for that day. Since they dont cancel when it changes around, you get a few left in your log that may not count for that particular day.
    Thank You-that makes sense and explains exactly why some of mine don't count for daily. Leftovers in my log.



    edit followup:
    before server reset cleared quest logs. accepted daily at 3 a.m. for UD/TU
    only took what was on bulletin board and did 2 in Udon and 2 in Talath and expedition deed completed.

    now i know to watchout for leftovers. Thanks again!
    Last edited by KM3161; Aug 20 2017 at 04:04 AM.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by LagunaD2 View Post
    ... so I'm sure the GMs will just say "tough luck".
    That is incorrect. The GMs will say "I closed the ticket because you were not online 18 hours later".

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Minas Tirith
    Posts
    1,456
    Lhingris & TA quest again today, still no key reward. It would be nice to have confirmation whether this is intended or not.

  17. #17
    LOTRO decision makers, I hope the issue here is an oversight and not a push for folks to buy keys, and hence lotro points. There is a 'bait and switch' feel here, but again, I hope this is just an error and not a shift of thought in the 'groupthink' of SSG that players are cash cows that will stand for manipulation forever. Other franchises do this to their playerbase. There's always a long-term price to pay for that kind of short-term cashing out of trust.

  18. #18
    No key reward again today.

    This is getting really annoying. Now I am no software engineer but this really does not look like something that's hard or slow to fix.
    Which begs the question why it has not been fixed already. Is this intended or not? Some clarification on this would be very much appreciated.

  19. #19
    The longer it isn't fixed for, the more money they get...
    105s: Aedfrith (HN), Aldnoth (CP), Brai (RK), Hrolfdan (MN), Aeldfryd (WD), Morriarty (CH), Aednoth (LM), Mishhar (BR), Hraldan (GR), Rummbold (BG). Tinies - Rumbelina (MN), Aenghus (CP)
    Rangers of Eriador (officer), ex-Snowbourn now Laurelin - A Noob for All Seasons

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    361
    Quote Originally Posted by hrothmort View Post
    No key reward again today.

    This is getting really annoying. Now I am no software engineer but this really does not look like something that's hard or slow to fix.
    Which begs the question why it has not been fixed already. Is this intended or not? Some clarification on this would be very much appreciated.
    What is today's zone combination? Talath Urui seems to always be in the combos that don't have the key, but I haven't been tracking it yet.
    CAANJAAL - Like Visa and Savoir Faire, he's everywhere!!!
    "If you find yourself in a fair fight, you've already lost!"

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Minas Tirith
    Posts
    1,456
    Out of curiosity, how many unique expedition quests are there anyway? It seems to be considerably less than would be expected from every possible zone combination.

  22. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Beastnas View Post
    Out of curiosity, how many unique expedition quests are there anyway? It seems to be considerably less than would be expected from every possible zone combination.
    Good question. Theoretically, should be ten.

    Udun-DA
    Udun-Ling
    Udun-Tal
    Udun-Ag
    DA-Ling
    DA-Tal
    DA-Ag
    Ling-Tal
    Ling-Ag
    Tal-Ag

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    1,290
    Is it that hard to figure out? Every other day is a key.
    Captain-General Ughidontknow...Tripso rnk 6 burg...Izeatzfreepz rnk 8 warg....Yells rnk 10 warleader
    Leader of The Hobbit Syndicate
    "Everyone wants to be the hero and no one wants to be support"

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    1,676
    This is working as intended. Not every daily offers a Black Steel Key. They are also limited to three Keys per week.
    Community Manager, Lord of the Rings Online
    Follow LOTRO on: Twitter - Facebook - Google+ - Pinterest - Twitch - YouTube
    Find Cordovan on: Twitter Instagram
    Support: help.standingstonegames.com
    coolcool

  25. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    This is working as intended. Not every daily offers a Black Steel Key. They are also limited to three Keys per week.
    Limited to three keys per week, and you can just buy all keys from store. Sounds like p2w to me... if you want to keep ur jobs, maybe remove this p2w feature..

 

 
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload