We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Pros and Cons of the Different Allegiances?

There any functional differences between the Allegiances? Any reason to choose one over another?

Been holding off on biting the bullet but haven't heard anything on this.

Quote Originally Posted by Inkling View Post
    There any functional differences between the Allegiances? Any reason to choose one over another?

Been holding off on biting the bullet but haven't heard anything on this.
    I suspect it's going to be purely a matter of personal choice, and that if you spend enough time gaining Allegiance with one group and another, you'll wind up doing all four.

Has anything been posted yet about what (other than fun) we get out of gaining Allegiance(s)? And am I right in thinking you don't get to consider any Allegiance till you've reached L115?

Edit: I have just found this link in another thread:

https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...20#post7755020

And I shall proceed to read it and maybe learn something. And I note it starts at 110
    Eruanne - Shards of Narsil-1 - Elendilmir -> Arkenstone

Men have nice instances and a touching story.

The rewards are the same.

Dwarves have a huge hall that I wouldn't suggest to anyone who doesn't have a huge running buff, since mounts are still not allowed.

Elves have the longest intro and it seems that a lot of people have issues finishing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalphor View Post
    Men have nice instances and a touching story.

The rewards are the same.

Dwarves have a huge hall that I wouldn't suggest to anyone who doesn't have a huge running buff, since mounts are still not allowed.

Elves have the longest intro and it seems that a lot of people have issues finishing it.

That is interesting. To skip the Erebor and Dwarven Allegiance just because it takes perhaps 30 seconds longer to reach NPC. Okay,Huge hall and we shall skip amazing story and people who love dwarves shall quit because they do not have huge running buff.. hmm Alirght. Weird suggestion. As for Elven intro I am currelty 17/30 (Progression)

It's not that long and wasn't difficult. No issues from my side. There were complains about Thranduil eventually dying fast (Battle under Trees) Not for me. I was able to save him. Too be honest I find Elven story excellent as well.

I'm not saying skip the story, but for everything other than my warden, I will be doing those last. Not just because of the huge hall, but also because we still don't have good indoors maps and indoor trackers of NPCs and quest items. So you end up running around that thing like a lunatic.

I've logged in to play in CA,TX,GA,DC,IL,MN,ID,OR,NV
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninky View Post
    That is interesting. To skip the Erebor and Dwarven Allegiance just because it takes perhaps 30 seconds longer to reach NPC.
    It's more then 30 seconds. It's minutes, because you have to go find and tag mobs on the sides as well.
    2017: 6 levels and an instance! As a level 1 burglar, Bilbo got a pony when he joined the Smaug The Dragon raid. Then he asked for leadership, looted the chest, assigned himself the 1st age Arkenstone and mailed it to an alt (Bilbo's a VIP so can mail from anywhere). They did some PvMP and an Epic Battle, then he apologized and gave the Arkenstone back because it wasn't BoA. He kept the pony.

Currently maxed with Hobbits, lvl18 with Men, and done the intro with Elves and Dwarves.
    Hobbits intro was tbh pretty boring, OK I guess if you love festivals, fetch and carry quests, sitting around eating etc.
    Men was the shortest.
    Dwarves took the longest, but that was because the hall at Erebor is huge and the required NPC's are all over the place, not clearly marked and not displayed on map/radar.
    Elves was second longest and the most interesting. I never had any problem doing it, never came close to dying and neither did Thranduil.

Once you've done the intros, and I suggest doing all of them asap, then there's not much to choose between them really.