We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Are my old 105 legacy scrolls still good?

I had just reached level cap for the first time right before Mordor was released, so I am still trying to understand imbuement. I believe my first step is to start deconstructing LI's and saving the legacy scrolls for what I want, correct? I have a few of these in my vault, but they all say "maximum target level 105." I figured this was fine, because LI's don't go above level 100 anyway, but then I noticed that the latest legacy I extracted says, "Maximum target level 115." What does this mean? I thought there were no LI's at level 115, so does this refer to MY level? Does that mean that the scrolls I've collected so far (which say 105) are now invalid?

The max level means you can't use them on LIs with an equip level greater than the max. For example if you had one with a max level of 60 you wouldn't be able to use it on a level 61 LI. As there are no LIs greater than lvl 100 (as far as I know), you'll be fine.

Ok, good to know! Thanks. The wording on that was confusing.

But you've to change the legacies pre imbueing with this scrolls.
    After imbueing you've need to use "new" special roles (not knowing the name) or mithrilcoins to change the legacies

Quote Originally Posted by Mukor View Post
    But you've to change the legacies pre imbueing with this scrolls.
    After imbueing you've need to use "new" special roles (not knowing the name) or mithrilcoins to change the legacies
    Imbued Legacy Replacement Scroll. There are two versions, bound and unbound - http://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Item...acement_Scroll

The legacy scrolls you get by deconstructing an LI can ONLY be used on an LI that has NOT been imbued. These scrolls do NOT work on an imbued LI.

If you have an LI that HAS been imbued, you need to use an Imbued Legacy Replacement scroll to change a legacy on it.
    When you use one of these scrolls you activate the scroll, select which LI you want to use it on (imbued LI's only), select the legacy on the imbued LI that you want to change and a popup list of other imbued legacies will be shown. Select the new legacy you want from that list and the old legacy will be replaced with the legacy you chose from the list. These scrolls will NOT work on an LI that has not been imbued.

Also note that certain legacies on a non-imbued LI will be changed automatically when you imbue the LI.
    Lotro-wiki has a list of all legacies that get changed when an LI is imbued. https://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Leg...tems#Imbuement
    Click on the "Show" option of the blue bar titled "Comparison of legacies pre and post Imbuement" to see which legacies are changed when you imbue an LI.

With imbued LI's, there are two more items to be aware of that can be used to improve the LI. Starlit crystals and Anfalas Scrolls of Empowerment.
    Starlit crystals will increase the dps legacy (or the equivalent on a non-weapon LI) of an LI by one level but do not affect any other legacies on an imbued LI.
    Anfalas scrolls of empowerment do NOT affect the dps legacy but can be used to unlock one extra rank on one legacy on an imbued LI.

Starlit crystals are harder to get. https://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Ite...ar-lit_Crystal shows the various ways you can get them. You can also buy them from the LOTRO store.

Anfalas scrolls of empowerment can be bartered for with Minas Tirith Smith's tokens in pre-battle Minas Tirith. There is a Smiths NPC vendor near the Minas Tirith main gate stable. Four Smiths tokens is enough for one scroll of empowerment. These scrolls are not bound and can be traded between players. I regularly see players in chat asking to buy these scrolls.

There are three daily repeatable solo instances in pre-battle Minas Tirith. One instance is in the Minas Tirith cisterns near the far north end of the Players tier of Minas Tirith (travel tip: get a stable ride to the Sage tier of Minas Tirith, then go down one level to the Players tier and head north. It's quicker then going to the Players tier stable and then going north), one instance is at the Rammas Wall North Gate and one instance is at the Harlond docks near the south end of the Rammas Wall. The Harlond instance gives Smiths tokens, the North Gate instance gives Builders tokens and the cisterns instance gives Burgsman tokens. The Builder and Burgsman tokens can be converted to Smiths tokens by Builder and Burgsman vendor NPC's. There is a quest giver NPC at the location for each of these instances. Pick up the instance quests from the NPC, enter the instance, complete the quests, exit the instance and talk to the NPC again. Convert the Burgsman and Builders tokens to Smiths tokens, trade the tokens for empowerment scrolls, use the scrolls on your imbued LI's or sell the scrolls to other players.
    Therina - Hobbit Guard Rongo - Hobbit Warden
    Frood - Man Minstrel Garmun - Man Captain
    Zorosi - Dwarf Champ Froodaroon - Elf Hunter
    Southern Defenders - Arkenstone (formerly Elendilmir)