We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: Mordor - Bravo!

Mordor - Bravo!

Just a quick note. . . I just spent the afternoon in Durthang.

First, combat feels like it did long ago. My choices matter. Knowing my class matters. Debuffs matter. Careful pulls matter. Crowd control (CC) even matters at times.

And when I fell in with a couple fellow adventurers, coordination mattered. Skill mattered. Competency mattered.

It felt like Dol-Dinen (or Urugarth, Barad Gularan, etc.) used to feel 8-10 years ago. It felt like the game was once again meant to be more than just a careless romp on the way to phat l00tz.

Bravo.

If this design philosophy continues moving forward, especially into the instances and raids, we have good times ahead!

--H
    Installing LotRO -- One Guide to Rule Them All!
    Purchasing LotRO -- Guide to Building Your Own "Lifetime" Account.

Quote Originally Posted by Hurin View Post

First, combat feels like it did long ago. My choices matter. Knowing my class matters. Debuffs matter. Careful pulls matter. Crowd control (CC) even matters at times.

And when I fell in with a couple fellow adventurers, coordination mattered. Skill mattered. Competency mattered.

It felt like Dol-Dinen (or Urugarth, Barad Gularan, etc.) used to feel 8-10 years ago. It felt like the game was once again meant to be more than just a careless romp on the way to phat l00tz.

Bravo.

If this design philosophy continues moving forward, especially into the instances and raids, we have good times ahead!

--H
    +1
    Totally forgot about Dol Dinen, too bad group questing is all but gone in SoA.
    Good times!

Thumbs up

My +1 and wishes for SSG to keep up the trend (and NEVER nerf Mordor )

Landroval: Kibilturg (Watchers of Elendil); Taurunion, Erohtar (Taters and Traders)
    Crickhollow: Kibilturg (Tarciryan Knights), Zigilturg (Forever Notorious), Birnavor (The Northern Kingdom), Nuncle (Casual Wanderers)

Quote Originally Posted by Hurin View Post

Bravo.

--H
    +

This increase in difficulty is the best thing that happened to Lotro for a long time.

Thumbs up

+1

Best end game area since Moria, at least landscape wise

sign

take my money for more of this!

Yep. Definitely happier with the increased landscape difficulty.

Not only does it make the game more interesting, but it encourages groups, which is what I started playing MMOs for.

My only concern, and I would love Devs to talk about this, is that when the landscape is difficult and groups form naturally to complete the harder stuff (say what happens now in Barad Dur where 3 or 4 people enter it more or less at the same time and they end up forming a fellowship or at least fighting the mobs together even without forming a fellowship), this works while there are plenty of people around. The danger is that once the region is not at the end-game and its player population decreases, we can have what happens in Angmar or Dol Dinen on-level, some of the content is skipped. Is there a plan to somehow address this later on? (I appreciate this may be hard to do in a way that works well)

In an ideal world so many people would be playing the game that all the regions would have a lot of players in them, but that is wishful thinking.

A dream would be to be able to find groups across servers, something like a cross-server layer, but I know that is next to impossible with the technology of LOTRO.
    Last edited by Alex53; Aug 14 2017 at 08:59 AM.

simple thing imo

decrease the mob rate and the respawn rate of it.

This is really a good thing. Take my money for more of this!

Sounds like good news, Hurin. I won't be playing it until the end of the month but if we've moved on from the days of 1-shorting mobs in HD then that can only be a positive.