We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

WHAT is going on with the Inn League quests?

I have, like many people, an Inn League/Ale Association route worked out. So I started it today, as usual. I am currently Kindred with Inn League, acquaintance with Ale Association. I made my fake pickups in the Shire, then mapped to Bree and rode to Wesley Hopgood. He had no quest ring for Inn League. So I rode back to the Bree Festival grounds. The Inn League questgiver did not have a ring either. I logged the character out, then back in. The Inn League questgiver then had a quest ring, but was only offering one quest (One Drink Too Many) instead of a list. I restarted the game, but nothing changed.

Is this WAI, or a bug? Have you changed the way these quests work intentionally for some reason? Or did I miss something? I cleared out my quests to have the 22 necessary for both factions.
    Last edited by Dolamrothdame; Aug 12 2017 at 01:25 PM.

I haven't tried today, but yesterday I could complete the ale deliveries like normal. I'm sorry I can't be of any help, hopefully someone else will be able to help you out
    ;) “There are hundreds of paths up the mountain, all leading to the same place, so it doesn’t matter which path you take. The only person wasting time is the one who runs around the mountain, telling everyone that his or her path is wrong.” ~ Hindu Proverb

Quote Originally Posted by Silmelin View Post
    I haven't tried today, but yesterday I could complete the ale deliveries like normal. I'm sorry I can't be of any help, hopefully someone else will be able to help you out
    As far as I can tell Ale Association seems to be fine. But I do them both at once, and if Inn League is bugged, it kind of throws me off. Thanks for your reply!

Quote Originally Posted by Dolamrothdame View Post
    I have, like many people, an Inn League/Ale Association route worked out. So I started it today, as usual. I am currently Kindred with Inn League, acquaintance with Ale Association. I made my fake pickups in the Shire, then mapped to Bree and rode to Wesley Hopgood. He had no quest ring for Inn League. So I rode back to the Bree Festival grounds. The Inn League questgiver did not have a ring either. I logged the character out, then back in. The Inn League questgiver then had a quest ring, but was only offering one quest (One Drink Too Many) instead of a list. I restarted the game, but nothing changed.

Is this WAI, or a bug? Have you changed the way these quests work intentionally for some reason? Or did I miss something? I cleared out my quests to have the 22 necessary for both factions.
    Did you already have an AA quest on-hand when you tried to talk to Wesley Hopgood. AA quests and IL quests cannot be accepted simultaneously. If you have already taken the AA quest for him, you'll have to turn it in, before the IL quest appears. Logging out the character, as I have tried before, will cause timed quests to fail automatically. If I remember correctly, some quests will fail but some will remain (not too sure about this). I recommend you to pick up not only the fake ales from the Shire but from all the other places (for me, I exclude Rivendell as I follow the guide in the LOTRO wiki), before starting your deliveries proper.

As far as I can tell Ale Association seems to be fine. But I do them both at once, and if Inn League is bugged, it kind of throws me off. Thanks for your reply!
    I did them both at once too, so there must be something else going on. Hm... The NPC's are quite near each other, maybe you clicked the wrong one for one of the quests? Or maybe you missed picking up the ale for the AA quest? I hope you figure out what's wrong soon so you won't miss a bunch of festival days, but if the problem won't go away you might need to send in a ticket for help. Maybe try with a different character and see if the Inn League quests works then?
    ;) “There are hundreds of paths up the mountain, all leading to the same place, so it doesn’t matter which path you take. The only person wasting time is the one who runs around the mountain, telling everyone that his or her path is wrong.” ~ Hindu Proverb

Actually, I think I need to pick Wesley's up in Bree first before I do him. Got the order wrong. Will try that. If that's the case, I feel really dumb! I had my route written out and everything!

Actually, I think I need to pick Wesley's up in Bree first before I do him. Got the order wrong. Will try that. If that's the case, I feel really dumb! I had my route written out and everything!
    Fingers crossed that that was the problem, so you can continue the deliveries again!

I miss the AA quest in Thorin's Hall where the Inn League's ale was deliberately tainted. Never got tired of doing that quest.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"
    Continuing the never ending battle to keep Lobelia Sackville-Baggins in check

Did it on another character and everything was fine, so it was just me being confused. Thanks for all the help!

Be interested in hearing your routeJust got mine down to under 30 minutes last night, using a couple new milestones. Always looking to shave off a minute or two.

Did it on another character and everything was fine, so it was just me being confused. Thanks for all the help!
    Yay! That's good!