We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Gorgoroth Steel-bound Lootbox Drop Table

I'd be interested in creating a table of the drops from the steel-bound lootboxes and updating the lotro-wiki. So far I have opened 5 boxes and found one or two of the the following item types:
    Ashes of Gorgoroth (50-100)
    Purple jewelry with +10 light (lowest level was 106, highest was 110--my character was level 110 when opening all the boxes)

I don't think anything else has dropped for me. Has anyone else found anything additional or different?

You tend to get 3 things each time and items dropping from these boxes are scaled to level (so makes sense to open them at level 115 for maximum benefit):

1. Crafting Materials

2. An Item
    • Level 106 Essence (including Shadowed Essences)
    • Purple Gear (scaled to level with a possible range of item levels)
    • Teal Gear (scaled to level with a possible range of item levels)
    • TURCA / LINTA / ISWA Gold Ring (scaled to level with a possible range of item levels 326 - 329) *the jackpot prize*

3. Some Ashes (20/40/100/200/400)

Knight | Captain | Arkenstone

The highest amount of Ashes that can be obtained from a lootbox, I believe, is 200

Feailuve - Akabath
    [EN]Evernight

Really looking forward to any blue names comments since Severlin clearly stated lootboxes would never become the only way to get BiS items.

Quote Originally Posted by Phindecano View Post
    Really looking forward to any blue names comments since Severlin clearly stated lootboxes would never become the only way to get BiS items.
    The only piece that drops from lootboxes exclusively is the teal shoulder piece...
    Feailuve - Akabath
    [EN]Evernight

Quote Originally Posted by Giliodor View Post
    The only piece that drops from lootboxes exclusively is the teal shoulder piece...
    Gold rings ilvl 329 drop from lootboxes exclusively. Period.

Quote Originally Posted by Giliodor View Post
    The highest amount of Ashes that can be obtained from a lootbox, I believe, is 200

I opened up around 100 with someone close to me opening up another 50 or so to get a solid idea of the loot table.
    We both got 400 ashes a few times.
    Last edited by Knight.Arkenstone; Aug 09 2017 at 03:00 PM.
    Knight | Captain | Arkenstone

Quote Originally Posted by Phindecano View Post
    I would like to take back what I said, and admit that this person I quoted has a point. The gear dropping from lootboxes is far better than other gear, and it's actually outrageous. I didn't know at first, but after seeing the loot from 100+ boxes, I think it's actually totally unfair to have such a pay-to-win system.
    Feailuve - Akabath
    [EN]Evernight