We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
    Quote Originally Posted by Cedrozzi View Post
    Been away for a few months, came back and cancelled my sub. No player (freep or creep) should ever get one shot, save for a rank 1 with toilet paper as a cloak. It can only come down to one thing and one thing only as a reason, pure and utter incompetence. Totally convinced that not a single game developer plays this game at all. Ive seen countless long time players who used to play for hours every day disappear and to never return. Frankly, if you're a freep and play in the moors, how you can honestly not be upset at how ###### the game is and the competition is, is beyond me. the list of broken stuff has reached epic proportions and to ignore your most dedicated and loyal customers as a company is mind boggling.

Been hearing it for years "they just don't care about pvp" and resisted believing it until now.

Cant say a thing about Mordor (im sure its great) but not putting another cent into this game and to not be able to use points in lieu of cash as a long time VIP is yet another dump on the forehead.
    Well said. I too have canceled my sub and was only paying on it to support the game while (in theory) receiving preferential log-in consideration to the Ettenmoors. The server mergers were supposed to alleviate the lag burden and crashes, but that's another matter. The company continues to tolerate level boost/essence combo exploits and finesse for creeps is about as well embraced as the OG map. The majority of people out there freepside have no idea how to play their classes properly, and they don't need to. Rumor has it that long overdue level capped pvp gear will soon be introduced. In the past this might have courted me to revisit freepside pvp but now its just too little too late and is received with as little enthusiasm as was new character skins or housing updates while more concerning functional details continue to be overlooked.
    DRNA

freeps willing to pvmp will always be there, its the "quality" creep opposition that's gone, probably never to return.

theres always hope tho....

Mortem Tyrannis

Quote Originally Posted by TheOldBlood View Post
    Ive lived through ALOT of bad pvp content over the years and i can safely say this has been the best update in AGES.
    As for the people bitching about getting 1 shot, its because you run 6 crit corrupts and zero crit defs.
    If you want to survive a glass cannon blowing you up with the long CD attacks run mits and crit defense and Moral.
    Dont be running around with 110k moral and wondering why you die when more than 1 person hits you.
    The competent freeps and creeps are running DEFENSIVE stats, the glass cannon DPS classes arent.
    Ive seen wargs kill people in less time than it takes to hit a 3rd bestial claws.
    Ive seen people trying to outrun BA's and get destroyed by fast instant kill skills.
    Ive seen people panic as Weaver Dots tick for 10k each and cant pot it because its on cooldown.
    Ive seen Defilers/Weavers/Reavers/WL's survive 2 CdG's and walk away laughing

You can blame design or your can blame your lack of competence. Forum QQ almost exclusively consists of the former.
    Ive seen ''competent'' creeps fighting ''incompetent'' freeps.
    Ive got an argument.

Quote Originally Posted by TheOldBlood View Post
    Ive lived through ALOT of bad pvp content over the years and i can safely say this has been the best update in AGES.
    June 2015.
    I can safely say this is COMPETENCE, huh?
    InsertPhotobucketLinkHere
    Coming Soon

Wine Wine Wine. Dry Dry Dry. What will it be today ?...
    Beer!

~Me

Don't push it. Don't push it or I'll give you a war you won't believe.

~John J. Rambo

Ninalien scored a devastating hit with Improved Merciful Shot on Kateaclysm for 81,538 Beleriand damage to Morale.

But I need to trait more mits because 5 obviously isnt enough right?
    "You can't have your Kate and Eat her too!"

Katelia Rk 11 Lm, Peppermintt Rk 12 Warg, Katetastrophe Rk 12 WL, Kateaclysm Rk 12 defiler

Quote Originally Posted by Kate00 View Post
    Ninalien scored a devastating hit with Improved Merciful Shot on Kateaclysm for 81,538 Beleriand damage to Morale.

Arkenstone| Officer of Faded | Altria
    Arkenstone | Leader of Dark Impulse | Telcely
    Original Challenger of Gothmog

That awkward moment when I agree with Kateaclysm. Someone send help
    Are you watching closely?

Quote Originally Posted by Starkorm View Post
    There should be a hall of fame on these forums.
    Team Milt.

RIP. Not that 81k is by any means high compared to what you'd have taken with as many mits as most players slot (none).

I mean at this stage of "pvp" it's probably better to take away all your mits, that way you're going to die quicker so you can log off and play a game that isn't amazingly broken. Worked for me.
    #15skills

Quote Originally Posted by DrRabbitfoot View Post
    There should be a hall of fame on these forums.
    https://www.lotro.com/forums/forumdi...s-Hall-of-Fame
    Arkenstone| Officer of Faded | Altria
    Arkenstone | Leader of Dark Impulse | Telcely
    Original Challenger of Gothmog

The moors were pretty empty again today , just looked in to see what was going on as I do most days . I saw two l105 freeps (Burg and Hunter) scaled both with experience tomes up , one , two or three shot creeps . The same two who have been coming to the moors since the update and have made no attempt whatsoever to level . Why should they ? Scaling is so messed up it's allowing players like these two to blast their way to higher rank . They see nothing wrong in this even though they know scaling is messed up , they just don't care . If SSG are truly going to listen to these posts about the state of pvp they ought to start by at least acknowledging that they are aware of the problem . There has been nothing but silence from them on this issue .

Prevent access to the moors by scaled players , until they sort this mess out . Force them to level , otherwise there will be another map void of players just like the new one they so disastrously introduced . An area used by clubbers and clubbers alone .

Quote Originally Posted by Tirn View Post
    The moors were pretty empty again today , just looked in to see what was going on as I do most days . I saw two l105 freeps (Burg and Hunter) scaled both with experience tomes up , one , two or three shot creeps . The same two who have been coming to the moors since the update and have made no attempt whatsoever to level . Why should they ? Scaling is so messed up it's allowing players like these two to blast their way to higher rank . They see nothing wrong in this even though they know scaling is messed up , they just don't care . If SSG are truly going to listen to these posts about the state of pvp they ought to start by at least acknowledging that they are aware of the problem . There has been nothing but silence from them on this issue .

Prevent access to the moors by scaled players , until they sort this mess out . Force them to level , otherwise there will be another map void of players just like the new one they so disastrously introduced . An area used by clubbers and clubbers alone .
    That is what they want, they've failed at pvmp so many times they've just washed their hands of it, PVP is DEAD. R.I.P

Quote Originally Posted by Tirn View Post
    Prevent access to the moors by scaled players , until they sort this mess out . Force them to level .
    No, do it other way around, limit the Moors to lvl 105s only, not under, not over, balance Creeps against 105. Done. Make it so anyone using an Aria has a choice between making a PvE character who level up (never usable in the Moors), or an instant fully PvP worthy character with lifetime access to PvP. That would get rid of PvE gear in the Moors and the endless swings in balance.
    Arkenstone (formerly Landroval):
    Lizaveta, r12 Minstrel.

Eviliz Unseen, r11 Warg. Lizifer, r11 Defiler.

Quote Originally Posted by Breeon View Post
    Well said. I too have canceled my sub and was only paying on it to support the game while (in theory) receiving preferential log-in consideration to the Ettenmoors. The server mergers were supposed to alleviate the lag burden and crashes, but that's another matter. The company continues to tolerate level boost/essence combo exploits and finesse for creeps is about as well embraced as the OG map. The majority of people out there freepside have no idea how to play their classes properly, and they don't need to. Rumor has it that long overdue level capped pvp gear will soon be introduced. In the past this might have courted me to revisit freepside pvp but now its just too little too late and is received with as little enthusiasm as was new character skins or housing updates while more concerning functional details continue to be overlooked.
    Did the exact same thing. Came back, got one shotted and "Bye SSG!"...
    Chains of insanity - Doom of GY Reborn - FOTM - WotGE - Fancy Lads
    Retired from LOTRO

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5