We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Angry

Did Cordovan said anything about the trailer in todays stream?

Anything?

This. SOOO MUCH THIS. I am usually the one to give SSG a pass due to low budget and small staff, but it would have been better not to have a trailer at all rather than to put this out. I was embarrassed watching it, and I'm a huge Lotro Fangirl.

I just watched it, it was everything the comments on Massively said, I am shocked by how horrible it was.

Quote Originally Posted by Levanas View Post
    Did Cordovan said anything about the trailer in todays stream?

Anything?
    Yes. He addressed it. It's delicate. What would you say? Considering you took part in approving it, probably know the guy who created it, and might not be looking at it from the same perspective as the public (though you're obviously trying!).

Essentially, a "sorry you didn't like it" and due to the response, a statement that it would be "de-emphasized." Also, the 480p nature was explained. That was an uploading error and a 1080p version is coming (though he acknowledged that a higher resolution doesn't address much of the criticism).

It should be pointed out that a lot of people stuck up for the trailer. But. . . well, at some point I get the sense we're feeling bad for the people who made it. Not really feeling good about the trailer itself. It's just sorta. . . objectively underwhelming (sorry).

PROVE YOUR LEGEND!

Last edited by Hurin; Aug 03 2017 at 03:15 PM.
    Installing LotRO -- One Guide to Rule Them All!
    Purchasing LotRO -- Guide to Building Your Own "Lifetime" Account.

All your legend are belong to us!

Quote Originally Posted by nonamebrand View Post
    all your legend are belong to us!
    prove it!

Quote Originally Posted by Hurin View Post
    Yes. He addressed it. It's delicate. What would you say? Considering you took part in approving it, probably know the guy who created it, and might not be looking at it from the same perspective as the public (though you're obviously trying!).

Essentially, a "sorry you didn't like it" and due to the response, a statement that it would be "de-emphasized." Also, the 480p nature was explained. That was an uploading error and a 1080p version is coming (though he acknowledged that a higher resolution doesn't address much of the criticism).

It should be pointed out that a lot of people stuck up for the trailer. But. . . well, at some point I get the sense we're feeling bad for the people who made it. Not really feeling good about the trailer itself. It's just sorta. . . objectively underwhelming (sorry).

PROVE YOUR LEGEND!

I see no reason to stick up for it at all - just compare it to the ones they did for previous expansions, they're all on YouTube. I wouldn't say they were wonderful either (not as these things go in general) but they were still infinitely better than this.

LOL at 'de-emphasized', as in (metaphorically speaking) walling it up in the cellar and never speaking of it again

Please! It is embarasing to recommend to anyone!

Quote Originally Posted by Vilan View Post
    I love LOTRO and really enjoy my game time. But this makes me feel like this conversation was had on Monday morning...

"Hey guys, sorry, but there's a big bug with Mordor and we're going to have to delay release."

"For how long?"

"Probably just a day or two."

"OK, well, should we put out the trailer today or wait for release?"

"The what?"

"The trailer."

"The what?"

"The trailer. The one we said we were going to make."

"..."

"I mean, we did make one, right?"

"Oh yeah, totally. Um. Totally. Say, are there any interns free this afternoon?"
    Exactly.

It really surprises me that they haven't pulled the trailer down yet given all the responses in the gaming community from places like Massively, etc. This trailer is really damaging SSG's reputation.

At this point, they don't need to try to save face - just pull it until a decent replacement is found. Most sites would applaud them for a wise decision.

Quote Originally Posted by nonamebrand View Post
    All your legend are belong to us!
    This is the funniest post of the entire thread

I still just want to know what "prove your legend!" means.

I can't help thinking we might be playing someone's tax right off.

At 25 secs, we see that flash and outward burn from the tower of Barad Dur. That's the only part of the trailer that is worth anything as that's the only indication we get that anything happened inside Mordor when the ring went poof. Shame it isn't in the game anywhere.

Ohh, and I did like the music. I have to agree with the general consensus though - this needs to go. they clearly have some decent footage they could use, so just get it out of the vault, and use it.
    Treat others as you do your best pictures, and place them in their best light.

Quote Originally Posted by Macdui View Post
    I can't help thinking we might be playing someone's tax right off.
    Been saying that for a year now, and this "expansion" confirms it in spades.

Now, when I post on this forum, what normally happens at this point is that Cordovan deletes my post and either gives me and infraction or bans me. Not this time, Cordovan. This is valid criticism, and you know it. You can't hide behind the trolls who swarm in and tell me to either love it or leave it this time. This time, you don't have a leg to stand on. That trailer is not professional quality, it's damaging to the game, the studio and, frankly, the IP, and it's going to actively deter newcomers from even trying the game. You simply cannot defend it. Any way you slice it, that trailer is going to result in a loss of revenue. And it's YOUR fault.

Now, are you going to continue to ignore the feedback that isn't gushing praise for you on this forum? Or are you going to respond?

Quote Originally Posted by Hurin View Post
    I still just want to know what "prove your legend!" means.
    They probably meant "Prove you are legend!". But cannot spell anymore.
    Koti || Edoram || Naemanor || Hamberadan || Margia || Belegmellon || Khimi || Thederwen || Granetia || Stanno || Calendol || Gamilaban of Laurelin

Unhappy

Do take it down SSG

Landroval: Kibilturg (Watchers of Elendil); Taurunion, Erohtar (Taters and Traders)
    Crickhollow: Kibilturg (Tarciryan Knights), Zigilturg (Forever Notorious), Birnavor (The Northern Kingdom), Nuncle (Casual Wanderers)

Quote Originally Posted by Arnenna View Post
    At 25 secs, we see that flash and outward burn from the tower of Barad Dur. That's the only part of the trailer that is worth anything as that's the only indication we get that anything happened inside Mordor when the ring went poof. Shame it isn't in the game anywhere.

Ohh, and I did like the music. I have to agree with the general consensus though - this needs to go. they clearly have some decent footage they could use, so just get it out of the vault, and use it.
    Wat? Thats scene ninjaed from the game.

Quote Originally Posted by bobbylobs View Post
    SSG do yourselves a huge favour and do as the OP suggests - take it down - it's a laughing stock right now, I'm not joking I've logged on to two other games tonight and players there are literally laughing at this, people are searching the internet to see it and no-one, absolutely no-one has anything complimentary to say about it, I am supremely confident it isn't generating any customers but it is definitely turning people away.
    I agree 100%.

Quote Originally Posted by Feirlain View Post
    Better to not have a promo video, than have this one up.
    Exactly. I've said it before and I'll say it again: SSG, if you can't do it well, then please just don't do it at all. No trailer would have been kinda bad but a trailer like this is 10000000 times worse. I'm not asking you to take it down though as that would require acknowledging a mistake, which I'm sure you will never do.

I laughed so hard at this:
    SSG do everything to turn people away. It’s incredible.

BUT WE WILL PLAY NEVERTHELESS! EAT IT SSG!
    (from the comments on massively)

Sincerely,
    a LOTRO fangirl and an ultimate fan (against my better judgment)

Quote Originally Posted by Feirlain View Post
    It really surprises me that they haven't pulled the trailer down yet given all the responses in the gaming community from places like Massively, etc. This trailer is really damaging SSG's reputation.
    The only chance is to replace it with something better. The net doesn't forget.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylence View Post
    Still not as good as this trailer

Awesome.
    +1 Sylence

Quote Originally Posted by siipperi View Post
    Wat? Thats scene ninjaed from the game.
    Not that I've seen, not at Mordor anyway. Maybe I haven't got to it yet.

I actually thought the trailer was a joke and had to search for lotro youtube channel to make sure some troll didnt create it.

Shockingly bad trailer nobody will want to come back to lotro after seeing it. my editing skills are pretty bad but i could of done a better job in a couple of hours, so sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Arnenna View Post
    Not that I've seen, not at Mordor anyway. Maybe I haven't got to it yet.
    It's in one of the movies you unlock during the Epic.
    Koti || Edoram || Naemanor || Hamberadan || Margia || Belegmellon || Khimi || Thederwen || Granetia || Stanno || Calendol || Gamilaban of Laurelin

Quote Originally Posted by DieLaFuzz View Post
    It's in one of the movies you unlock during the Epic.
    Ugh, I must be having problems with the movies again then, just like I did on the first battle at the black gate on the Wastes update. I had to fix that by copying the movie files over from another machine. You don't by any chance know the name of the movie file do you please?

One would think that for Mordor, the most dramatic scene would be included in the trailer.
    And that would be the part where Gollum falls into the fire of Mount Doom. And it should be shown in slow motion in the trailer.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast