We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

SSG - please take down the official Mordor trailer.

As per title.

This is really bad SSG. It makes LOTRO look absolutely awful.

Better to not have a promo video, than have this one up.

https://youtu.be/JX7Wm29hts8

It does look pretty bad doesn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Feirlain View Post
    As per title.

This is really bad SSG. ]
    For crying out loud - an hour out and already haters.
    I wonder, are you all going back to bed if there's nothing for you to complain about it the morning?

"Dont cry - I'll pop a token for you!"
    elen sila lumenn omentielvo

Agreed!
    No dynamics, no scenes, no fun. It's as barren as the Mordor itself.
    “And now here is my secret, a very simple secret: It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye.”
    -Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, The Little Prince

Agreed. It's embarrassing.
    If you're bored , pull more mobs. - geoboy | I'm a wild-eyed spear-wielding, javelin throwing, shield-bashing, blood-curdled screaming, melee dervish tank. I like it. Hearts are for pansies. I'd like some cooky dough.

Still not as good as this trailer

Are you watching closely?

+100 to the OP. It's dreadful. At first I thought it was a joke, a parody...what were they thinking??

This video made me feel like SSG is that girlfriend who has completely checked out of our relationship.

Quote Originally Posted by asimon View Post
    I wonder, are you all going back to bed if there's nothing for you to complain about it the morning?
    For crying out loud people have the right to voice there opinion if they don't like something & it doesn't mean there haters.

a funny piece of trash with a good amount of self-irony and i really had a good laugh but please, now take it down again. i mean seriously. i finally have chosen to buy the ultimate bundle because i want to support a great expansion and the future of a great game, so please don't make it look like your trying to sabotage your own potential ;(

It really does highlight how truly dire the animations are in this game. Not very good advertising at all.

Quote Originally Posted by asimon View Post
    Well I'd probably be classed as hopeless fanboi as I've bought the expansion, have no problem with the launch delay, disagreed with all the moaners about the delay, happily had my tea and watched some TV whilst the update downloaded and am really looking forward to Mordor, BUT that trailer is truly awful. On second viewing it's even worse, I really don't understand the thought process behind it. It makes LOTRO look terrible, the trailer has no plus points
    Wal's Army on Evernight - Walred (Champ), Walmur (RK), Walbert-2 (Cappy), Walori (Guard), Walrandir (LM), Walora (Warden), Walmo (Burg)

I am excited to get on later and play...I know LOTRO, I've played for years and will continue to do so. This game has a huge place in my heart & I am incredibly excited for Mordor.

That being said; that trailer is truly awful. If I was a prospective player, I would see that and not even try the game. Even as a veteran player, that trailer did nothing to excite me.

Contrast that with the Helm's Deep trailer - which, despite Epic Battles not living up to expectations, still gives me goosebumps.

On top of all the comments above, it would of been nice if they also put some quick snip its of the actual fellowship characters in the video as well. Like showing Frodo and Sam just entering Mordor, or something like that. I think adding some of the actual fellowship in the trailer would help with the hype of the expansion.

SSG do yourselves a huge favour and do as the OP suggests - take it down - it's a laughing stock right now, I'm not joking I've logged on to two other games tonight and players there are literally laughing at this, people are searching the internet to see it and no-one, absolutely no-one has anything complimentary to say about it, I am supremely confident it isn't generating any customers but it is definitely turning people away.

Pretty sure this trailer was put together in like the last hour before launch.

:-D

Quote Originally Posted by FoxFire View Post
    Pretty sure this trailer was put together in like the last hour before launch.

:-D
    Hehe yes!

It only lacks

direction
    pacing
    story
    visual idea
    editing

I have to agree with the OP. The Mordor trailer is embarrassing.

I think a player/fan would be able to make a better trailer. Here's an idea. Why not make a contest out of it? Top three videos get Mordor free. 1st place gets Ultimate Edition, 2nd place gets Collector's Edition, 3rd place gets Standard Edition.

And for some opinions not necessarily from LOTRO players:

http://massivelyop.com/2017/08/02/lo...iler/#comments

Quote Originally Posted by peachy16 View Post
    For crying out loud people have the right to voice there opinion if they don't like something & it doesn't mean there haters.
    On the other hand, if they have nothing constructive to say other than "hate it" then, yes, by definition, they are haters.
    His sword was long, his lance was keen, his shining helm afar was seen.

I've logged in to play in CA,TX,GA,DC,IL,MN,ID,OR,NV
    Ok, I'll watch this trailer and narrate what I'm thinking as I watch it:

Logo. Logo. Logo. Logo. 10 seconds of logos in a minute-six movie. That's about 1/7 of the preview is logos.

"Every legend has a journey" Is that a still picture from Dragonlance? Because I'm pretty sure I've seen that image before in a WotC book.

Bats? Really?

Why all the images? Was there no budget for videos?

Holy Toledo, there are videos and they are terrible. Look, if you're going to film things to put up as an ad, turn on high graphics first. Those were obviously not ultra high graphics -- I've seen ultra high graphics and they look nothing like what you were showing.

I'm at work so the sound was off. Maybe the sound was great -- I wouldn't know.
    2017: 6 levels and an instance! As a level 1 burglar, Bilbo got a pony when he joined the Smaug The Dragon raid. Then he asked for leadership, looted the chest, assigned himself the 1st age Arkenstone and mailed it to an alt (Bilbo's a VIP so can mail from anywhere). They did some PvMP and an Epic Battle, then he apologized and gave the Arkenstone back because it wasn't BoA. He kept the pony.

I have to agree with the OP on this one. It's terrible.
    I did pre-order the collector's edition, and I adore this game. But there's no two ways of going about this, the trailer makes the game look even more dated than it already is, ironic given that great effort has gone into updating it visually.
    Check out my LOTRO videos on Youtube at: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRX...jPUNAiwtrJ_eiw

My heart goes out to the person/people who worked on it only to see the negative reception. But. . . I think it says a lot that I'm not going to link it to the defunct kinship facebook page my former kinmates use. I drop some things there from time to time to entice them to return to LotRO. But this trailer would have the opposite effect.
    Installing LotRO -- One Guide to Rule Them All!
    Purchasing LotRO -- Guide to Building Your Own "Lifetime" Account.

I would agree about the trailer. Am I also the only one that thinks the Mordor artwork looks awful, as compared to previous expansion artwork. The dimensions/proportions and color saturation looks off.

Unfortunately i also thought this trailer was hammered in 30 mins. It's the worsest trailer i've seen for a long time.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast