We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Found this gem on reddit

http://www.captiongenerator.com/6224...rdor-expansion

Gold!

Credit: Eothron from Evernight

There are valid reasons and appropriate ways to constructively criticize the Mordor bundles. This is not one of them.

2 Waterbank Road, Eryn Lelryn, Falathlorn Homesteads
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkoftheRealm View Post
    There are valid reasons and appropriate ways to constructively criticize the Mordor bundles. This is not one of them.
    It happens with every expansion. Its nothing new. I highly doubt people take em seriously.
    Tolella Hlothran ~ Minstrel ~ 115
    Crickhollow
    Officer ~ Phoenix Rising

Sadly when people make things like that it makes everyone who is / was upset look bad.

It's just a meme.
    Del || Main: Deldolan - Captain
    Alts: Delusional - Minstrel, Deloflyn - Lore-master, Delude - Champion, Deludest - Rune-keeper, Deluder - Guardian

Hello, creator of the video here.

As stated before, it was just a 'meme'. These forums have been swarmed with posts about people expressing their concerns and feelings of distrust towards SSG regarding the Mordor Expansion.
    Evidently, a lot of people are not pleased and the atmosphere has been rather grim recently. This video was just a way to get the general message across whilst also trying get people to realise it is just a game and we can still laugh about it. Sorry if it offended you, but if it did you should try and see the humor that is conveyed instead of being so negative.

Quote Originally Posted by Arathrinn View Post

As stated before, it was just a 'meme'. These forums have been swarmed with posts about people expressing their concerns and feelings of distrust towards SSG regarding the Mordor Expansion.
    Evidently, a lot of people are not pleased and the atmosphere has been rather grim recently. This video was just a way to get the general message across whilst also trying get people to realise it is just a game and we can still laugh about it. Sorry if it offended you, but if it did you should try and see the humor that is conveyed instead of being so negative.

I confess.....

*whispers* I laughed my head off.

"Humor is the good natured side of truth." -Mark Twain
    Last edited by Narthalion; Jul 25 2017 at 02:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Narthalion View Post
    I confess.....

*whispers* I laughed my head off.

"Humor is the good natured side of truth." -Mark Twain

LOL I laughed too xD There's no lie in the vid really.
    That said, we don't really know what Cordovan *himself* thinks about this, only the job he's paid to perform of community contact. I doubt he had any say in the decisions that led to this debacle.

Quote Originally Posted by kickman77 View Post
    Sadly when people make things like that it makes everyone who is / was upset look bad.
    Then you take yourself far too seriously.

It's disrespectful and childish, contributing nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfgarde View Post
    It's disrespectful and childish, contributing nothing.
    It is but some found it amusing some months ago.

Btw Wolf, as a NJ resident what's your latency to the game server? Mine used to be 40 ms when I bought this game.

Whoever organized these captions, genius! Great work! It definitely gives light to the reality of SSG marketing organization. lol

I did buy the $130 version, and I know I got scammed because it has nothing of value more than the $70 RoR bundle did. And RoR pre-order came with horse-play, which Mordor has nothing exclusive for pre-orders. How will I stick it back? I won't buy VIP for the next 6-9 months.

p.s. it would be unfair for anyone to hit Cordovan for this, he's a community manager.

Not a Marketing, Sales, Business Manager, Executive Producer, Daybreak Games, or Operating Officer of SSG. Direct your thoughts toward them if the pricing bothers you.
    Last edited by greetingsdownunder; Jul 25 2017 at 05:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Macdui View Post
    It is but some found it amusing some months ago.

Btw Wolf, as a NJ resident what's your latency to the game server? Mine used to be 40 ms when I bought this game.
    I find it hovers between 20-24ms

U mad m9?

There is nothing wrong on light hearted truth.

Gosh I thought it was going to be another "Der Untergang" meme, but no it's that recycled toothless dude one. We need different memes.

Yeah I'm fed up with seeing the same old toothless comic & Hitler raging memes. What we need is one using Mrs Walker & Bet Lynch circa 1976, with a bit of Eddie Yates thrown in. I'll have a look if there's a good clip of old Corrie that could be used.

Edit - of course as it would already be in English, it would need cut out all the original speech and replace it with apple IOS text to voice translations, otherwise it would look silly.

I enjoy this greatly, but I admit, it would be more impressive if a scene from the game was used to do this mockery. Perhaps when the fellowship departs Rivendell. But change all the dialogue to show disaffected players leaving Elrond, who is playing the role of SSG.

Quote Originally Posted by Gondrim View Post

Gold!

I think the video was well done, but I don't think it's fair to cast Cordovan in that role. I feel bad for Cordovan. It's his job to try to manage a dumpster fire that he likely had zero input in creating.

Nope not funny at all. Just my opinion.
    "I never feed trolls and I don't read spam" - Weird Al Yankovic

Quote Originally Posted by Arathrinn View Post

Pssstttt..........

If you have to stop and explain a joke, it means it isn't funny.
    His sword was long, his lance was keen, his shining helm afar was seen.

Quote Originally Posted by Gondrim View Post

Gold!

Sorry: my Spanish is not good enough to understand a word. Who was that really, and discussing what?
    Eruanne - Shards of Narsil-1 - Elendilmir -> Arkenstone
    www.kithrup.com/~djheydt/

Quote Originally Posted by djheydt View Post
    Sorry: my Spanish is not good enough to understand a word. Who was that really, and discussing what?
    http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/spanis...rview-parodies
    Thurallor, Warden of Landroval
    Author of plugins: SequenceBars, Reminders, others

Funny (sad) thing is, that what was said in the video are just facts and true...

Commander Liliam - the Warden
    Evernight

What makes me laugh harder than watching these videos, is listening to self serving, snivelling, killjoys with zero sense of humour.

You folks are the equivalent of Grima Wormtongue.... following everything your masters tell you and falling into line although
    you deep down know this is all bullcrap. Cordovan please give these sad sorry lot a new forum title called "humourless wretches."

Also, I don't ever see any of these video meme posts as anything directed towards an individual, a position maybe and almost
    certainly as a company when they make silly mistakes....

And you have the gall to call out people who recognise the mistakes and make them evident to the developers when it happens.
    Do you really think this game would have lasted all these years if it was left to the sycophants who accept the first offerings
    every time we had something new?

This game has had some clangers and luckily it has been rectified usually in time before shipping by folks who are not scared of
    saying their piece.

But, thank you for making me laugh harder than watching that video - you killjoys ;D
    ----A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything----

I thought it was hysterical and I couldn't stop laughing.
    Treat others as you do your best pictures, and place them in their best light.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast