We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

1 × Premium Access?

Hi all,

I am a founder with lifetime access but when I bought the ultimate fan package and added it to my account it said: 1 × Premium Access

What is premium access?

Thanks!
    R.I.P. Nidor of Brandywine (1970-2012)

Aliwen (hunter) / Valandra (Minstrel) / Alile (Captain) / Aliela (Lore-Master)
    Pew pewing on Brandywine since January 26, 2007!

I'm giving it an educated guess that it grants you a Premium Account which is above a basic but below a VIP. There are additional benefits that could be added to your lifetime by also becoming Premium - things like higher gold cap, extra character slots etc. (just examples, not specifics). Premium accounts are awarded for basically spending any money on the game at all including buying LP and including, I believe, expansions.

Main: Corrien Lvl 95 Champ (Meneldor)
    Alts: I don't do alts

Quote Originally Posted by treato View Post
    I'm giving it an educated guess that it grants you a Premium Account which is above a basic but below a VIP. There are additional benefits that could be added to your lifetime by also becoming Premium - things like higher gold cap, extra character slots etc. (just examples, not specifics). Premium accounts are awarded for basically spending any money on the game at all including buying LP and including, I believe, expansions.
    Lifetime Founders have no gold coin cap! What are you talking about?
    Corn Is Lore appropiate!!
    [charsig=http://lotrosigs.level3.turbine.com/06203000000008e9a/01002/signature.png]Aldasil[/charsig]

Did you somehow manage to apply the code for the free VIP time by accident? There are Lifers that have done that in error and it has changed their accounts to VIP with weird expiry dates, resulting in premium or just VIP. A glitch that will get sorted I'm sure.
    Monkeys are superior to man in this . . . . When a monkey looks in a mirror, he sees a monkey.
    Edited, because some folk just can't do wordplay.

i saw the same thing on a VIP account. I haven't applied my 30-day code yet (still trying to decide whether to use it to extend my main VIP, use it on my alt account or give it to a friend), but I did apply the expansion code to my main account. Only one code, but it said x1 Premium Access and x1 Expansion. Really unusual.

Even if I had used the 30-day code, that would be VIP, not premium.
    R5 105 GRD Marevayave - Leader of Riddermarked For Death
    R8 105 MNS Fayah/100 LM Siennah/105 HNT Dinenol/100 RK Dhurik
    100 CHN Alachas/85 CPT Dinfaerien/60 BUR Dhax/62 WDN Godoric
    R9 105 MNS Fayeh (alt Wilya) - Lonely Mountain Band @ Landroval

When you buy anything for the game with real money you get Premium (it's what you drop back to after subbing for a month, for example). So all that's happening when you apply the code is that the game's just seeing that you've spent real money and is not taking into account your current status. For VIPs and Lifers you can probably just ignore it.

If it actually changes your status (it hasn't for me) then SSG will have a lot of tickets to deal with. :P

It is a code that makes you VIP. Congrats, you are now VIP.

The message "premium access" appeared to me too after i used the code. Maybe it is not about the account status. Maybe it is about the access to the expansion itself.
    But not sure.
    Vilya: Learian mini, Ealis champion, Afariel Captain
    Withywindle:Flal guardian, Ealis hunter,Fearian lore master, Fearel rune keeper, Mearian warden
    Brandywine:Fealdis rune keeper, Eireith beorning

I also got this when I applies the Collectors Edition code, havnt noticed anything odd, yet. I want to say its what Altair6 said, but if Premium is awarded whenever you pay real money, I find it hard to believe I havnt given this game money it so long. Hope a dev can chime in and let us know if we really have been a bunch of dirty free loaders :P
    *Motivating quote from LOTR*