We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: Tanner's set?

Question Tanner's set?

Can anyone tell me where to get the Tanner's set?

I saw a player wearing most of the pieces, but can't seem to find much reference to any of it online. The only thing I did find is this page:

https://cosmeticlotro.wordpress.com/2012/07/27/tanner/

and though the chest piece and some of the other pieces are the same as the Tanner's set that I saw in game, the author has used other pieces with the same models.

Is the Tanner's set from a festival or something? Is it still obtainable?

Thanks!

It's probably a set which was on the mannequins at one point, possibly inspired by that blog outfit, which would be why it has the same name. Your best bet would likely being trying to find out what the individual pieces were, since while I think mannequin outfits do repeat occasionally, you might be waiting a very long time.

The pieces are listed on the bottom of the link, but I'll paste them here again

Chest : Lesser Secret of the West Breastplate, umber dye (OD Burglar Set)
    Hands: Elegant Silk Gloves, black dye (Dunland quest reward, light)
    Legs: Westernesse Protector’s Leggings, black dye (Crafted T5, medium)
    Feet: Gardening Boots, sienna dye (Farmer’s Faire, cosmetic)
    Back: Hooded Leather Cloak, black dye (Farmer’s Faire, cosmetic)

All but one is available completely free in game, the gloves are a quest reward in Isengard expansion, so it's free if you've already bought it

Quote Originally Posted by Kamikanzi View Post
    It's probably a set which was on the mannequins at one point, possibly inspired by that blog outfit, which would be why it has the same name. Your best bet would likely being trying to find out what the individual pieces were, since while I think mannequin outfits do repeat occasionally, you might be waiting a very long time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aelir View Post
    The pieces are listed on the bottom of the link, but I'll paste them here again

Chest : Lesser Secret of the West Breastplate, umber dye (OD Burglar Set)
    Hands: Elegant Silk Gloves, black dye (Dunland quest reward, light)
    Legs: Westernesse Protector’s Leggings, black dye (Crafted T5, medium)
    Feet: Gardening Boots, sienna dye (Farmer’s Faire, cosmetic)
    Back: Hooded Leather Cloak, black dye (Farmer’s Faire, cosmetic)

All but one is available completely free in game, the gloves are a quest reward in Isengard expansion, so it's free if you've already bought it
    Thanks Kamikanzi, that makes sense. I'd seen something about those outfits being inspired by that blog and others, but hadn't put that together with the Tanner's cosmetic pieces that I saw on a player in game.

Aelir, thanks for that list! I did just pick up the quad pack, so I'm good to go when I get to that level.

Many thanks to both of you!