We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 11 of 28 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 21 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gyes View Post
    Thanks for proving my point. High Elf doesn't cost $20 under any circumstances. Points cost less than $1 per 100 on average, significantly less in higher quantities and when on sale. So yeah, High Elf costs ~$10.
    You need to learn math. You get 1000 LP for $16 but they give you a 200 LP bonus . 100 LP bonus for each of the 2 $8 500 LP purchases. So your $10 argument holds no water.

Quote Originally Posted by BangoTwinkletoes View Post
    1. 1st Class rant. Well done.

2. RP'ers are very easy to please - they just want things left alone.
    sure lets leave the RP'ers alone next server merge might wipe them out completely.

Quote Originally Posted by Joedangod View Post
    WoW. That game just keeps aiming for bigger and better with each expansion, it doesn't always pan out but they keep on trying. SSG do not try for bigger and better.

Blizzard isn't flawless but they sure do try to communicate with their customers. SSG could really do with taking a few notes.

And they pulled some crazy stunt with the Warlords of Draenor expansion, cutting content, providing 0 content throughout the expansion itself. People left in droves. Guess what? They got their act together and now we have Legion, a fun, content-packed expansion. Sadly, SSG is not Blizzard. Doubt they'll do the whole get our act together dance.

Maybe they can pull a FF14, drop a meteor on Mordor and have it completely rebuild? Oh no wait, the content, the expansion is not the problem. It's the greedy mindset they somehow have gotten themselves in. I still wonder how they justify this towards themselves. They may not read all of the comments, but they have to at least see the thread after thread of people that aren't exactly happy with the path they've taken here.

I really don't care what WoW does, or any other games. I don't pay them anything, I pay SSG for LOTRO. When they treat me with such disrespect as to change things that involve my hard earned cash, without even telling me about it - not even up to and including the day before they pull the mat out - that's what makes me care, and take notice of things.
    Monkeys are superior to man in this . . . . When a monkey looks in a mirror, he sees a monkey.
    Edited, because some folk just can't do wordplay.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalphor View Post
    The High Elf is still an elf, no matter the amount of weed.
    Thanks for making my day

Landroval: Kibilturg (Watchers of Elendil); Taurunion, Erohtar (Taters and Traders)
    Crickhollow: Kibilturg (Tarciryan Knights), Zigilturg (Forever Notorious), Birnavor (The Northern Kingdom), Nuncle (Casual Wanderers)

Quote Originally Posted by Starbuck1771 View Post
    You need to learn math. You get 1000 LP for $16 but they give you a 200 LP bonus . 100 LP bonus for each of the 2 $8 500 LP purchases. So your $10 argument holds no water.
    Stop. You just look foolish. Argue what I said, not what you wanted me to say. And so we're clear, I said *on average, LP cost $1 per 100*, even less in higher quantities and during sales.
    Gyes, et al
    Monarch, Paladins of Asheron
    Arkenstone

Quote Originally Posted by Arnenna View Post
    I can answer part of it for you. It won't be me. I'll never trust them with any form of advance payment after this.
    Me neither.

Landroval: Kibilturg (Watchers of Elendil); Taurunion, Erohtar (Taters and Traders)
    Crickhollow: Kibilturg (Tarciryan Knights), Zigilturg (Forever Notorious), Birnavor (The Northern Kingdom), Nuncle (Casual Wanderers)

Quote Originally Posted by Arnenna View Post
    I really don't care what WoW does, or any other games. I don't pay them anything, I pay SSG for LOTRO. When they treat me with such disrespect as to change things that involve my hard earned cash, without even telling me about it - not even up to and including the day before they pull the mat out - that's what makes me care, and take notice of things.
    Apologies, I was merely explaining.

Quote Originally Posted by Joedangod View Post
    WoW has a significantly larger population and yet all you offer is a 9 page thread from an unofficial forum as evidence that WoW shares the exact same problems as this game with a tiny population and pages upon pages of threads making complaints?

WoW does indeed aim for bigger and better, they may have peaked in their past (only natural for a game older than LOTRO) but they are still going strong enough to compete with the newest releases. LOTRO does not compete.
    The point is that WoW has faced a massive decline over the years too, just it was that much bigger to start with. Subs have fallen in whooping numbers (they don't even release the numbers anymore now, wonder why), and in that thread people complain about bugs (sounds familiar?), complain about that the game does not have the quality it once had (sounds familiar?), say it is dying (...), yet same time others say WoW is still great, while here at Lotro you speak the quality isn't there anymore, and I say for me it is. If you do not see the connection.. ahem... <3 (not to mention you fault that the discussion I posted up happened at an unofficial forum, while this whole thread is based on an opinion piece article, no more or less 'official')

WoW offers me nothing, never liked the graphics, isn't my game (only accepted pandas at PWI, else no pandas for me please), wouldn't touch it with a barge pole, but others love it, great, I am glad we all are catered for. Lotro is my gaming home, I strayed at times but have always come back, because here I find the quality 'I' seek, and while 100 something euros is a lot of cash, I am happy to pay it, while for others even 40 is too much. For others paying WoW sub is too much, all those millions who have left WoW had their own reasons to do so. WoW has been the ultimate industry giant, and despite (as by your judgment) great effort from their part, it is facing stark decline, complaints, and will continue to do so - the life of every game, no matter what a game does.

In the progression of these threads I have found myself directly or indirectly called: addicted (real funny coming from fellow gamers...), a 'whale' (even though I hate oceans :P), a troll, white 'knights' (I'd be a shield maiden, ty), stupid, irresponsible and the list goes on, simply because I am actually happy with Lotro. I log in and I smile, same as others smile who log into their chosen gaming homes. This does not make us any of what others try to insult us with (unless they are all these things too, for surely there were times or other games they felt or feel for as we do for Lotro, as you seem to feel in regards to WoW). We have different tastes, differing views. A day may come when we are not happy anymore, but for me that day is not today and I shall stand with Aragon before the Black Gates and challenge the might of Mordor - filled with joy and gratefulness that Lotro has come this far (despite all the doomsaying.. ).

Slán

Quote Originally Posted by Starina View Post
    simply because I am actually happy with Lotro. I log in and I smile, same as others smile who log into their chosen gaming homes.
    That is because 95 % of the people online find it very, very hard to allow people their own little pleasures. I'm happy for people if they find joy in playing the games they want, or doing the things they do. There's enough #### that brings people down, gaming should be a step away from those things. So I'm genuinely happy for you, if it even means something at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by LagunaD2 View Post
    Even apart from the hallucinatory pricing, I am amazed that there is so little outrage and concern about releasing this hot mess in only two weeks' time.

I was doubtful they would get it into playable shape by mid-September to meet the announced "summer" time frame. But in two weeks...LOL.
    Not empty quoting.

The point is that WoW has faced a massive decline over the years too, just it was that much bigger to start with. Subs have fallen in whooping numbers (they don't even release the numbers anymore now, wonder why), and in that thread people complain about bugs (sounds familiar?), complain about that the game does not have the quality it once had (sounds familiar?), say it is dying (...), yet same time others say WoW is still great, while here at Lotro you speak the quality isn't there anymore, and I say for me it is. If you do not see the connection.. ahem... <3 (not to mention you fault that the discussion I posted up happened at an unofficial forum, while this whole thread is based on an opinion piece article, no more or less 'official')

WoW offers me nothing, never liked the graphics, isn't my game (only accepted pandas at PWI, else no pandas for me please), wouldn't touch it with a barge pole, but others love it, great, I am glad we all are catered for. Lotro is my gaming home, I strayed at times but have always come back, because here I find the quality 'I' seek, and while 100 something euros is a lot of cash, I am happy to pay it, while for others even 40 is too much. For others paying WoW sub is too much, all those millions who have left WoW had their own reasons to do so. WoW has been the ultimate industry giant, and despite (as by your judgment) great effort from their part, it is facing stark decline, complaints, and will continue to do so - the life of every game, no matter what a game does.

In the progression of these threads I have found myself directly or indirectly called: addicted (real funny coming from fellow gamers...), a 'whale' (even though I hate oceans :P), a troll, white 'knights' (I'd be a shield maiden, ty), stupid, irresponsible and the list goes on, simply because I am actually happy with Lotro. I log in and I smile, same as others smile who log into their chosen gaming homes. This does not make us any of what others try to insult us with (unless they are all these things too, for surely there were times or other games they felt or feel for as we do for Lotro, as you seem to feel in regards to WoW). We have different tastes, differing views. A day may come when we are not happy anymore, but for me that day is not today and I shall stand with Aragon before the Black Gates and challenge the might of Mordor - filled with joy and gratefulness that Lotro has come this far (despite all the doomsaying.. ).

Slán
    But again the point is clearly so far over your proverbial head you are either
    A. Choosing to ignore it our of utter ignorance
    B. So blind with love for the game you can not see it no matter if it landed on you and di a dance
    C. Just do not care
    D. Mixture of All 3

I am not going to waste the time explaining why people (like myself) are angry over the pricing plans. You made your personal choice to support the company. Good for you. But, keep this in mind. As I said in a earlier post, the people who made that choice have been using the term..... last expansion. Yet SSG mentions that no where at all. Than it hit me like a ton of bricks last night. You all who have casually dropped the 130$ without a thought, know within your hearts that with stupid inane choices like the pricing plans available, people will leave. As more people leave the measly 130$ does nothing. More servers close, less people play and soon the few hundred of you flying kites on your awesome black steed wearing the Ultimate Fan Title will still gladly think you HELPED SSG back when Mordor came out because you dropped that 130$ instead of standing behind the community and asking them to do the right thing. Will you wonder at that point was it worth it? Did you make the right choice?

Nahhhh because than they will start selling office chairs that they tooted in (With a lotro sticker on the back) for 500$ a pop and you all will buy them blindly
    I saw the light fade from the sky
    On the wind I heard a sigh
    As the snowflakes cover my fallen brothers
    I will say this last goodbye

Quote Originally Posted by Corbettia View Post
    That is because 95 % of the people online find it very, very hard to allow people their own little pleasures. I'm happy for people if they find joy in playing the games they want, or doing the things they do. There's enough #### that brings people down, gaming should be a step away from those things. So I'm genuinely happy for you, if it even means something at this point.
    and again being obvious

The people that do the most complaining on these forums are the ones who dedicate the most time to the game. We complain because we do not want this game to fail or end or close or whatever. We complain because we want better... We complain because we LOVE.

I may be mad at the pricing structure but you know I honestly already spent money to buy Mordor. because I lvoe the game. Did I buy the most expansive No. I got the standard and I can wait for the elf. But being unhappy about the pricing does not mean I am unhappy. It means I want them to get MORE CUSTOMERS NOT LOSE ANY. That is the point you guys clearly keep missing in that little bubble you all exist in.

So please stop trying to start a flaming war. Maybe read what people actually post before making that general assumption because all it di was make a well you know the phrase.

Apologies, I was merely explaining.
    No need, I was just tagging onto the conversation, which is why I quoted nobody
    Monkeys are superior to man in this . . . . When a monkey looks in a mirror, he sees a monkey.

And I surely hope those who were hurt and disappointed by the change of store point policy, not allowing them to buy the expansion with points they bought for real cash, will somehow find a silver lining, I honestly do, and I understand their plight, SSG should have communicated this in advance.

Makes me sad that others who were excited are now hurt, because this group certainly seems to love Lotro and was looking forth to the new content, and not everyone can afford the extra money now. Hope SSG can find a compromise still for these players, I really really do *sends a warm hug*

Quote Originally Posted by kickman77 View Post
    .So please stop trying to start a flaming war. Maybe read what people actually post before making that general assumption because all it di was make a well you know the phrase.
    Genuinely happy for someone, and I'm asked to please stop trying to start a flaming war. Are you this bitter and overflowing with narcisism in real life as well? Or does that keyboard just bring it out of you in spades?

Slán
    I dislike name calling also, best to ignore it and move on with what you want to say, or it goes around in circles

I have a question for you if that's ok?

If my memory serves me right, you bought the Collectors Edition right?
    If they add the HE into the base pack now, what will your reaction be?

Genuinely happy for someone, and I'm asked to please stop trying to start a flaming war. Are you this bitter and overflowing with narcisism in real life as well? Or does that keyboard just bring it out of you in spades?
    See what you did. Took 1 sentence and took it out of context regarding my whole post? That is what I meant when I said please do not start a flaming war. I did not break up your post, I am happy you are happy. The statement about 95% (a made up number) of people hating just to hate is what I was commenting on and if you read the entire post you would see why these people complain.

So be happy, and call someone names. I get it. <3 ya and mean it

And I surely hope those who were hurt and disappointed by the change of store point policy, not allowing them to buy the expansion with points they bought for real cash, will somehow find a silver lining, I honestly do, and I understand their plight, SSG should have communicated this in advance.

Makes me sad that others who were excited are now hurt, because this group certainly seems to love Lotro and was looking forth to the new content, and not everyone can afford the extra money now. Hope SSG can find a compromise still for these players, I really really do *sends a warm hug*
    This here is all that matters to me now. What they do on this issue, is what determines my future with LOTRO and their's with me. Bottom line. They can have me as a paying, supportive player, or they can take the gamble on instant cash from players for now, and have me as a free player for the rest of the games lifetime.

See what you did. Took 1 sentence and took it out of context regarding my whole post? That is what I meant when I said please do not start a flaming war. I did not break up your post, I am happy you are happy. The statement about 95% (a made up number) of people hating just to hate is what I was commenting on and if you read the entire post you would see why these people complain.

So be happy, and call someone names. I get it. <3 ya and mean it
    I wasn't actually even refering toyou, or your post(s), and judging by how you respond to most people, I find comfort in the fact I do not pay much attention to your writings.

I wasn't actually even refering toyou, or your post(s), and judging by how you respond to most people, I find comfort in the fact I do not pay much attention to your writings.
    So now talking down to someone. Nice. Thanks for making me feel better

Ahh its a Happy Day

Still do not get though, if you can take a second an explain it to me.... When you quote me, how are you not referring to me and or not reading my post, especially if you know how I reply to people?

http://massivelyop.com/2017/07/14/lo...ut-ridiculous/

When they are saying its bad than you know something is wrong.

Best quotes from the article:

I’m being hard on all of this not because I have a vendetta against LOTRO, but because I love the game and know that this move makes the MMO appear foolish and laughable to the larger gaming community. It hurts the reputation of the studio and game, and it could push potential players away instead of draw them in.
    The "larger gaming community?" Seriously? Talk about gilding the lily. I have no clue what goes on with other games' marketing, and even if I did, I wouldn't care.

Seriously, get down off the cross.
    His sword was long, his lance was keen, his shining helm afar was seen.

Quote Originally Posted by Sito_Origami View Post

The "larger gaming community?" Seriously? Talk about gilding the lily. I have no clue what goes on with other games' marketing, and even if I did, I wouldn't care.

Seriously, get down off the cross.
    While you don't a lot of other gamers do. You may not care, but as bad press spreads through gaming communities like wildfire, SSG probably care quite a bit.

So now talking down to someone. Nice. Thanks for making me feel better

Ahh its a Happy Day

Still do not get though, if you can take a second an explain it to me.... When you quote me, how are you not referring to me and or not reading my post, especially if you know how I reply to people?

My original quote was me quoting Starina, not you. Hmm, not the center of attention there, it seems.

But again the point is clearly so far over your proverbial head you are either
    A. Choosing to ignore it our of utter ignorance
    B. So blind with love for the game you can not see it no matter if it landed on you and di a dance
    C. Just do not care
    D. Mixture of All 3

I am not going to waste the time explaining why people (like myself) are angry over the pricing plans. You made your personal choice to support the company. Good for you. But, keep this in mind. As I said in a earlier post, the people who made that choice have been using the term..... last expansion. Yet SSG mentions that no where at all. Than it hit me like a ton of bricks last night. You all who have casually dropped the 130$ without a thought, know within your hearts that with stupid inane choices like the pricing plans available, people will leave. As more people leave the measly 130$ does nothing. More servers close, less people play and soon the few hundred of you flying kites on your awesome black steed wearing the Ultimate Fan Title will still gladly think you HELPED SSG back when Mordor came out because you dropped that 130$ instead of standing behind the community and asking them to do the right thing. Will you wonder at that point was it worth it? Did you make the right choice?

Nahhhh because than they will start selling office chairs that they tooted in (With a lotro sticker on the back) for 500$ a pop and you all will buy them blindly
    Stop insulting people simply because they do not agree with you. I do not insult you, so if you wish to engage in a discussion, refrain from personal attacks. The 3 points you list are your personal assessment of my motivations and in no shape or a form a fact. If you had read my comments carefully, you would have found a mixture of agreement and disagreement in regards to the plight of players with upsets, and nowhere did I ever mention anything about last or future expansion. You lump people together 'you all', 'the people who made that choice'. We all have our own reasons, to which you are not privy. Some I have heard actually really love the extras in the big bundle and find it well worth their cash.

I will not engage with you further on these forums as I prefer to discuss with people who treat others with respect, even if our views might differ, and fortunately there have been quite a few, and I thank them for the valid debate we have had and hope their upsets can still be quelled. I only very rarely visit the forums anyway these days, now that the Windy moors are gone, but am grateful for those who made it a pleasure to exchange. May the road rise to greet you, I certainly wish you well.

Page 11 of 28 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 21 ... LastLast