We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

The Mordor prices are justified~ A Positive Thread

In the Fire-Storm Indeed. As she expected the Ghash-hai fighters have Ignited an Inferno furthermore.

One does not simply walk into Mordor with The Ultimate title, unless one pays the price for it. As for every other additional bonus content. It's exclusive which means one will not be able to to obtain it after Pre-Order time period ends.

They will not change the prices. It's inevitable. Your complaining will not achieve absolutely anything. A waste of breath. Save it for Mordor. The air is thick there as it was with Thaurlach, A Balorg of Morgoth.

The board is set. Pieces are moving. The Land of Fire and Shadow shall know true meaning of Terror.

130$ for The Ultimate edition is the Perfect deal.

As for Standard edition , be happy. The offer is magnificent. She is getting tired of seeing such a mindless negative flame-bashing from other players. Let us simplify ~ Do or do not.

Thank you SSG. You'll get one positive thread from me.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninky View Post
    In the Fire-Storm Indeed. As she expected the Ghash-hai fighters have Ignited an Inferno furthermore.

One does not simply walk into Mordor with The Ultimate title, unless one pay the price for it. As for every other additional bonus content. It's exclusive which means one will not be able to to obtain it after Pre-Order time period ends.

They will not change the prices. It's inevitable. Do or not. There is no try. Your complaining will not achieve absolutely anything. A waste of breath. Save it for Mordor. The air is thick there as it was with Thaurlach, A Balorg of Morgoth.

The board is set. Pieces are moving. The Land of Fire and Shadow shall know true meaning of Terror.

lol

I happened to agree with the OP. SSG has put a LOT of work into this expansion. It is arguably the biggest expansion in the game since Moria. I would expect it to be at a higher price tag than what we have been paying since Moria. Think about it folks - there is a completely new RACE implemented and included in this expansion. That is a lot when you stop and think about it for a moment. Does that happen in every MMO expansion ? Certainly not. And think about the content itself - it is the very depths of Mordor. And also add enough content for another 10 levels + another tier of crafting. Add this to the perks that you get with each bundle tier and I would say you are getting what you pay for.
    Elquasso - Hunter ... Haduthir - Warden ... Laurealasso - Guardian ... Hendunaron - Lore Master ... Broonzy - Burglar ... Malenthir - Hunter... Rilmien - Minstrel ... Melehton - Champion

Quote Originally Posted by iarlnir View Post
    I would say you are getting what you pay for.
    ROTFLMAO if you say so.

I don't have a huge problem with the prices, but I do think the Ultimate Edition could be improved. Personally, I already have more essence scrolls than I need, plus they are available at the skirm camp if I ever need more. I would've much preferred imbued legacy replacement scrolls, especially with how much they have changed the stats with this expansion. I have base stat LI legacies on some of my characters, but with the stat increase, these are probably better suited to an actual skill LI legacy. I would like more info about the Aria of the Valar and equippable XP boosts before I make any purchase.

I really want to be positive, especially since I've been wanting a reason to give them money for a while now (lifer so havnt paid for anything in years) but a few things really dont make sense price wise. The base version is fine, but you're basically paying $30 for the High Elves. That seems a bit steep.
    *Motivating quote from LOTR*

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan118 View Post
    I really want to be positive, especially since I've been wanting a reason to give them money for a while now (lifer so havnt paid for anything in years) but a few things really dont make sense price wise. The base version is fine, but you're basically paying $30 for the High Elves. That seems a bit steep.
    That seems to be the main issue.

Throw the High elf a steed and cosmetic into the basic edition and people are happy (and remove the auto level thing from basic in favor of those items)
    I saw the light fade from the sky
    On the wind I heard a sigh
    As the snowflakes cover my fallen brothers
    I will say this last goodbye

Quote Originally Posted by kickman77 View Post
    Throw the High elf a steed and cosmetic into the basic edition and people are happy (and remove the auto level thing from basic in favor of those items)

This. I couldn't care less about the auto-level. Surprise, I know, but I happen to love playing the game and don't want to skip its content just to see the expansion. Most people at this point already have at least one 105 (we haven't had a serious level raise in a long time), so I seriously don't get why they are shoehorning us with this instead of more interesting stuff.

prices are perfect, if the ultimate or collectors is to much for you, there is always the regular expansion price wich is 20 USD cheaper than regular 60 USD expansion pack prices for other games ... to much wining.

fair prices, fare rewards, love it

Men. Men are weak. Vanyar and Noldor laugh at thee.

We are filled with an astonishment of thy comments in the General discussion thread. A silly repetitive comments. As we have foreseen indeed. An utter waste of energy. Men are never happy. Men shall always posses an eternal desire for power as well as the very limited way of thinking. Thy Wisdom. They lack it.

Men cannot rule. The Edain are too weak and highly susceptible to corruption. If Eldar indeed set sails to Undying Lands, men shall rule, but even the greatest of their Empires shall be crushed from inside. They shall destroy themselves. Treachery of men from Nirneath Arnoediad is well known to my people . For the Eldar all men are the followers.

SSG has put a LOT of work into this expansion. It is arguably the biggest expansion in the game since Moria.
    Do you work at SSG?

Do you know someone who does??

To even compare this expansion (which hasn't been released yet) to Moria (hands down the best expansion this game has ever produced)...well, it's delusional.

Keep drinking that kool-aid.

Think about it folks - there is a completely new RACE implemented and included in this expansion. That is a lot when you stop and think about it for a moment. Does that happen in every MMO expansion ? Certainly not.
    I genuinely don't think the race is worth that much though. A race is not as game-changing as a new class, not at all, and classes are usually priced ~695LP (Beorning is more b/c it's class + race). Plus, I can't believe that it was that hard to implement the High Elf. They had the Elf to base it off of already, they could use almost the exact same models for all item skins, all they needed to do was add a few new HE-specific animations, a few new faces, new racial skills, and the intro area, and that's about it (classes have tons of work with new skills, trait trees, animations, legacies, balance, class quests, itemization, etc). IMO, not worth the $40 jump from basic to secondary edition (and IMO not even worth the 1000LP (worth only ~$12, not 40 for some reason) that it's set to be available for, in winter no less, compared to the Beorning that did add a race, but also a class; I think 350-400LP is a reasonable price for a race on it's own). The face/model overhaul would be more work than making a new race IMO (one of the same stature as we already have), but they aren't marketing that as it will be free with the expansion anyway, I think.
    Last edited by pittcrew1; Jul 12 2017 at 04:50 PM.
    Baldigar, 105 Burglar on Landroval

Quote Originally Posted by Curuer_Bauglir View Post
    I don't have a huge problem with the prices, but I do think the Ultimate Edition could be improved. Personally, I already have more essence scrolls than I need, plus they are available at the skirm camp if I ever need more. I would've much preferred imbued legacy replacement scrolls, especially with how much they have changed the stats with this expansion. I have base stat LI legacies on some of my characters, but with the stat increase, these are probably better suited to an actual skill LI legacy. I would like more info about the Aria of the Valar and equippable XP boosts before I make any purchase.
    Exactly. Why on earth are we paying for these items, like replacement scrolls, storage space and travel cooldowns when we can easily get them from in-game? I really want to give SSG my money, but I'm holding back on this one. I'm almost surprised, as I was ready as ever to pay for the ultimate bundle.

EDIT: Now, the "travel cooldowns" I found out is a housing item that lets you travel directly to Mordor. But what's the point of this if you already have the travel skills you need? What are low levels going to do in Mordor anyway? Watch other low levels die?
    Brethwyn Bearsbane of House Breddinga [100-Guardian]
    Hygweard of Rohan, High Protector of Bree-Land and Lord of Emyn Uial
    Children of the Sun - Gilrain

I'm with you Ninky!!!

$40 is in-line with a normal expansion price plus a level boost as a bonus. $80 at first looked a bit high, but the extra $20 is likely due to the High Elf. I think the $130 is a result of player feedback for those wanting a way to help support the game they love (tinfoil hat thinking). Full disclosure, I'm a hopless LOTRO fan. As I've posted before, SSG could offer a Hobbit poop in a box tier and I'd likely buy it.

Quote Originally Posted by gumpfan View Post
    I'm with you Ninky!!!

$40 is in-line with a normal expansion price plus a level boost as a bonus. $80 at first looked a bit high, but the extra $20 is likely due to the High Elf.
    You mean the extra $40? Where can I buy the $60 CE?

People stop been confused pls !

High elves don't come with all the versions of the expansion !

The basic does not include high elves ! And I won't complain about the prices but I do wanna see what I buy if I am to spend 130$ ( 100 euro for me ) on this expansion. No pictures with the cosmetis, the mounts or details about the house skill and so on. That's all I have to complain about.
    To the world you may be a person,
    But to one person you may be the World.

One does not simply walk into Mordor with The Ultimate title, unless one pays the price for it. As for every other additional bonus content. It's exclusive which means one will not be able to to obtain it after Pre-Order time period ends.

They will not change the prices. It's inevitable. Your complaining will not achieve absolutely anything. A waste of breath. Save it for Mordor. The air is thick there as it was with Thaurlach, A Balorg of Morgoth.

As for Standard edition , be happy. The offer is magnificent. She is getting tired of seeing such a mindless negative flame-bashing from other players. Let us simplify ~ Do or do not.

+1! Thank you SSG for Mordor and for the brilliance of the last 10+years.

Main: Corrien Lvl 95 Champ (Meneldor)
    Alts: I don't do alts

I will not be happy with a standard edition that doesn't have access to the new race, or even offer any way to get it for another 6+ months without paying $40 more. That is not at all magnificent in any way, shape or form.

Posted something similar on other thread:

Whilst the collectors and ultimate editions do seem a bit pricey (the inclusion of some free LOTRO points would be nice), the standard edition seems to be priced about right.
    I also totally understand SSG wanting to push the expansion pack first with a LOTRO points option available later in the year.

As far as standard/basic editions:
    • Standard Edition £29.99 which equates to approx. 5K LOTRO Points and includes Aria of Valar.
      (considering BoV (0-95) in itself is 6k lotro points in store, GoV (0-50) is 4K and BoVU is 3k)
    • Base Edition (includes Mordor Region & Instances only) will be offered later in year for 2495 Points which roughly equates to £18.62 (cheaper if you've purchased double bonus points)

I personally, took the hit and opted for the ultimate edition as I'm into all the extra cosmetics, mounts, housing items etc. and the extra shared storage will be useful for me too.
    Last edited by Xvaliant; Jul 12 2017 at 08:07 PM.
    Knight | Captain | Arkenstone

Quote Originally Posted by Xvaliant View Post
    Posted something similar on other thread:

Whilst the collectors and ultimate editions do seem a bit pricey (the inclusion of some free LOTRO points would be nice), the standard edition seems to be priced about right.
    I also totally understand SSG wanting to push the expansion pack first with a LOTRO points option available later in the year.

As far as standard/basic editions:
    • Standard Edition £29.99 which equates to approx. 5K LOTRO Points and includes Aria of Valar.
      (considering BoV (0-95) in itself is 6k lotro points in store, GoV (0-50) is 4K and BoVU is 3k)
    • Base Edition (includes Mordor Region & Instances only) will be offered later in year for 2495 Points which roughly equates to £18.62 (cheaper if you've purchased double bonus points)
    The thing is most people won't really put a value of the level-boost items because 1) some will have zero desire in it, and 2) most games nowadays gives them away for free (their value completely or mostly omitted from the cost of the perk), so players won't consider it as if they're getting a free 6k+ LP. So ideally the price of the basic xpac bundle would be almost identical to the value it will be when it's added as an option with LP, as you say, ~63% of what it's currently set at. So they should either raise the LP cost or reduce the cost of the bundles to $25-30/$50/$70 == £20/£30/£45 (or whatever is a rough translation).
    Baldigar, 105 Burglar on Landroval

Hunzinator is offline Hunzinator
    Kin Leader of Most Wanted
    Brandywine
    Unfortunately in the mmo world, an expansion at this price is ludicrous. nothing to say its priced good. lets have a look at other mmo's and what the offer in the market place and what you get, and their game engines are up to date too.
    I have run the math, and while double points are on, i will be getting the 34.99 pack, and added to my current points will give me enough for both the mordor expansion plus high elf race. Thats the 2 main items less than the base edition.
    129.99 am i missing something here????

lol

When a well-known abusive harrasser is endorsing something, that alone brings a red flag and makes the idea suspect. This is not a "positive" thread, the entire intention of that post is to be provocative and raise a poo-storm.

Quote Originally Posted by kickman77 View Post
    100% agree with this suggestion. Every base edition since Isengard included a steed, a cosmetic, and a title. This is both consistent and appealing.
    The auto-level boost is a complete hindrance to my play style and for me that is NOT a selling point at all.

As it stands now, I join the customers who won't pay cash for Mordor xpac and will wait instead for Winter to buy it with LP. 2495 LP is a fair deal for a truly "base" edition.

It is arguably the biggest expansion in the game since Moria.
    It's offering a lot less than Moria.
    ~ I tank with a Beorning, my opinion is invalid. ~

Quote Originally Posted by Brethwyn_EU View Post
    EDIT: Now, the "travel cooldowns" I found out is a housing item that lets you travel directly to Mordor. But what's the point of this if you already have the travel skills you need? What are low levels going to do in Mordor anyway? Watch other low levels die?
    Maybe a new Mordor Festival is coming, and you can to sell passages to low level characters...

Sergio :-)
    Moved from Riddermark to Landroval on 2/10/1015!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast