We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 242
  1. #1

    Please lower the prices for the mordor deluxe and ultimate editions by 20$

    Glad the expansion is finally able for pre order, but geez, you really dropped the bom with the pricing of these things didn't you SSG?

    http://store.turbine.com/store/turbi...oryID.58516200
    http://store.turbine.com/store/turbi...oryID.58516200

    You are essentially paying 40$ extra for a few cosmetics with the deluxe edition and I can't for the life of me figure out which items justify more than tripeling the price of the standard edition for the ultimate version. Just a title and a few scrolls?

    Compare that to the previous expansion Helms Deep, which offered the cosmetics with the base edition and I'm deeply disapointed, would have been glad to pay up 60$ for a deluxe version, but 80$ is mental, seems like 40$ is all that you'll be getting.

    EDIT: Really? The High Elf isn't going to be available to us who buy the standard version, after you hyped it up to be a big part of the expansion? I get that it is just cosmetic, but that is some stingy stuff right there, not quite sure how this could have been done worse...
    Last edited by Ronimli; Jul 12 2017 at 12:37 PM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    347
    Oh this is gonna over like a lead balloon. LOL

    LMAO@ the prices. MY god are you flippin kidding. Oh & then to top it off this will be only available to buy for a few weeks.

    WOW SSG is really screwing over the players with this one.

    I also wanna add that this is BS charging this much for mostly fluff & then when there is such problems with performance at end game.

    That 30 day VIP in the ultimate bundle is useless to lifetime members.

    They could not even give players any LPs.

    Just sad...
    Last edited by peachy16; Jul 12 2017 at 12:51 PM.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,072
    The thing I object to is the nasty little VAT tax for players from the UK - £60 would be doable - £70 makes it much more questionable for the collector's edition.
    - Taravan, R12 Captain - Tirian, Tanking Guardian - Telperon, Completionist LM -
    - Afranius, R9 WL - Tolobain, R7 Weaver - Vargan, R6 Stalker -

    Ex-Leader of Lost Realm of Imladris - Evernight - Co-Founder of Beauty and the Beasts

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronimli View Post
    Glad the expansion is finally able for pre order, but geez, you really dropped the bom with the pricing of these things didn't you SSG?

    http://store.turbine.com/store/turbi...oryID.58516200
    http://store.turbine.com/store/turbi...oryID.58516200

    You are essentially paying 40$ extra for a few cosmetics with the deluxe edition and I can't for the life of me figure out which items justify more than tripeling the price of the standard edition for the ultimate version. Just a title and a few scrolls?

    Compare that to the previous expansion Helms Deep, which offered the cosmetics with the base edition and I'm deeply disapointed, would have been glad to pay up 60$ for a deluxe version, but 80$ is mental, seems like 40$ is all that you'll be getting.

    EDIT: Really? The High Elf isn't going to be available to us who buy the standard version, after you hyped it up to be a big part of the expansion? I get that it is just cosmetic, but that is some stingy stuff right there, not quite sure how this could have been done worse...
    But we get the level boost with the standard edition. I rather have the High Elf, LP, or cosmetics. Even free VIP for a month is better then the boost which I'll never use.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    377
    Quote Originally Posted by Shazzbot View Post
    wow i'm in shock. I am a lifetime VIP I really hope I'm not having to buy this expansion because with the VAT on top (and bear in mind we're not out of the EU yet) is absolutely sickening. I don't spend this kind of money to feed myself for a month so why would I spent it on a game? Sorry SSG but no can do.
    Lifetimers have always needed to buy expansions.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Ered Luin
    Posts
    735
    high elf not in the normal bundle? Well that is very steep. The final beta tests better prove for high elf to be worth the cash
    My Lotro blog :)

  7. #7
    Unless you really love cosmetics high elf is the only real reason to get a more expensive version. I haven't seen high elf by itself listed as a purchase option yet but I assume it will be - and for less than the difference between basic Mordor and middle-priced Mordor.

  8. #8
    I wasn't going out of my way to get high elf. This pricing structure made the decision even easier for me. 40 bucks for the standard edition is steep enough as it is.
    Spam Egg Sausage And Spam of Gladden (formerly Silverlode)
    Theozor Viazald CPT 109 | Brau Steinmeister GRD 115 | Bindore HNT 106

  9. #9
    $40 includes the Aria of the Valar. Why wouldn't players want to pay a decent price for the expansion and also get an item that, if it is ever sold in the store, will probably cost somewhere around $100?

    Other than cosmetics and titles, there are (possibly) some major things in the bundles.

    $80 includes the High Elf class. That is a big difference. I can't imagine this costing an extra $40 from the LotRO Store after Mordor comes out, so it seems like a very steep increase to me.

    $130 includes two more things that could be great, or could be ####. XP boost items for all of your characters, probably usable until level 105 and every new character will get one, forever. If this item is a decent XP boost, and doesn't take up a slot of the other two pre-order bonuses, this could be a good item. I think they probably didn't think this out and it will be a new pocket item that will replace the old one. If that is the case, it isn't worth a portion of the $80 price increase. The other big item could be the relics. If these are three Mordor relics, then the price is probably justified by this alone. I hate that they don't give specifics, and won't be handing out these items until release day so players cannot tell if they are getting ripped off or not.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Mid-Wales
    Posts
    50
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripsis View Post
    Lifetimers have always needed to buy expansions.
    Yeh but not at that price with added VAT on top.

  11. #11
    I allready bought the ultimate edition, but maybe the colector's edition is the more balanced option

    But hey, no one is forced to buy the xpac now... one can wait to buy them with LP's

    my 2cts

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    CANADA
    Posts
    265
    Wow, the High Elf race was pretty much the prime reason for getting this expansion, for me personally. 80 clams, wow. And this will only be available for pre-order for a limited time ?
    Elquasso - Hunter ... Haduthir - Warden ... Laurealasso - Guardian ... Hendunaron - Lore Master ... Broonzy - Burglar ... Malenthir - Hunter... Rilmien - Minstrel ... Melehton - Champion

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Croatia
    Posts
    420
    40$ for an xpack. Okay, I can live with that. Let's see what's included:
    *nothing other than bare bones*

    Oh...okay...that's a bit odd...next package is 80$??? Holy ####, what am i getting in here?
    *bare bones + weak High Elf along with some cosmetics*

    There's a 3rd option? 120$!!! Am i getting a golden statue with this as well?
    *2nd package + more cosmetics and borderline useless perks*

    Yeah....no. Cya at the end of the year when you release the instances and new gear, this is disappointing.
    "Not all those who wander are lost....some are so stubborn that they always think they're going in the right direction."

    "The 4th age is the store age" - Hetweith

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Mid-Wales
    Posts
    50
    Quote Originally Posted by VMFGuedes View Post
    I allready bought the ultimate edition, but maybe the colector's edition is the more balanced option

    But hey, no one is forced to buy the xpac now... one can wait to buy them with LP's

    my 2cts
    Yeh guess we could, just very very disappointed is all. Was expecting at least to play a high elf with the standard version. When you buy an expansion you expect to get an expansion, not half of one.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,072
    So far, the high elf has a nice intro and a few new animations/different face, and that's it.

    In the collectors bundle, I'd quite like the Walked into Mordor title and whatever cosmetics they are throwing in, but that isn't worth £30.

    The High Elf experience needs to be significantly improved - if they can prove that the High Elf is going to have a storyline which has been independently created and has some individual touches which don't end after the intro and the following two quests, then I might go for the collectors edition. But at the moment, the High Elf just isn't worth the cash.
    - Taravan, R12 Captain - Tirian, Tanking Guardian - Telperon, Completionist LM -
    - Afranius, R9 WL - Tolobain, R7 Weaver - Vargan, R6 Stalker -

    Ex-Leader of Lost Realm of Imladris - Evernight - Co-Founder of Beauty and the Beasts

  16. #16
    As a lifer, I don't see much in the Ultimate Fan Collection that would make me even think about buying it. The extra shared storage is nice, but not worth that steep a jump in prices. I normally get the mid-range package for expansions anyway, but they were usually around $59, not $79. (Historically, I think the price structure was about $39 basic/$59 collectors/$79 premium, though I could be mis-remembering.) I doubt that SSG will back off already announced prices, so it looks like I'll be going with the basic this time around and adding the high elf character later with store points. I could go with $59 or maybe even $69 for the Collector's Edition, but I can't justify $79.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Mid-Wales
    Posts
    50
    Another thing to note SSG. When I bought a lifetime account, I expected not to put up with this stupidness.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    347
    Quote Originally Posted by VMFGuedes View Post
    I allready bought the ultimate edition, but maybe the colector's edition is the more balanced option

    But hey, no one is forced to buy the xpac now... one can wait to buy them with LP's

    my 2cts
    Yes noone is forced into buying but the smart thing too do is make the expansion as affordable as possible to get more buyers.

    I just don't see many forking out that kinda cash for the more expensive versions especially people who have multiple accounts.

  19. #19
    so... whats the problem with selling fluff for big money? its still fluff
    I see no issues as long as the basic version includes all content (and hopefully will be available for lotro points in ingamestore).
    Diskutierer, Fragenbeantworter, Twinker, Händler, Handwerker und Anführer der 'Gemeinschaft der freien Völker' auf Belegaer.
    Deutsche Guides für nahezu alles, was Casuals interessieren könnte, gibts hier: http://gdfv.forumo.de/guides-f24/

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    377
    Quote Originally Posted by Shazzbot View Post
    Yeh but not at that price with added VAT on top.
    I'm pretty sure the base price has always been $40 for all (or most) expansions. They only get cheaper when they're no longer just launched. So an older expansion won't cost $40 but they all used to when they were brand new.

  21. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by peachy16 View Post
    Yes noone is forced into buying but the smart thing too do is make the expansion as affordable as possible to get more buyers.

    I just don't see many forking out that kinda cash for the more expensive versions especially people who have multiple accounts.
    I completelly undestand your point

    I have 4 accounts, none is lifetime, and I'm a subscriver only on my main account, and only on that account I pre-order the xpacs

    On the rest of them I buy what I need with the LP's I get from playing on that account

    And that's ok for me... all my accounts have ALL expantions

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Mid-Wales
    Posts
    50
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripsis View Post
    I'm pretty sure the base price has always been $40 for all (or most) expansions. They only get cheaper when they're no longer just launched. So an older expansion won't cost $40 but they all used to when they were brand new.
    yeh but it usually includes VAT and you get everything but fluff in a basic expansion. This time you also have to do without a race too. Doesn't make sense. Either you want more players or you want to run the game into the ground. For the price they want, I would expect High elf and a 64 bit client and not to crash every hour or so because of memory leaks.

  23. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Tirian-Hammerfist View Post
    So far, the high elf has a nice intro and a few new animations/different face, and that's it.

    In the collectors bundle, I'd quite like the Walked into Mordor title and whatever cosmetics they are throwing in, but that isn't worth £30.

    The High Elf experience needs to be significantly improved - if they can prove that the High Elf is going to have a storyline which has been independently created and has some individual touches which don't end after the intro and the following two quests, then I might go for the collectors edition. But at the moment, the High Elf just isn't worth the cash.
    Agreed. The title is the only appealing thing to me in the collector's edition, but I'm sure not spending an extra $40 for that. If anyone really wants to see the high elf intro, make a high elf on BR next time it's up and run through it then. I liked the intro well enough, but nowhere near enough to spend an extra $40 to be able to run through it again on a live server.
    Spam Egg Sausage And Spam of Gladden (formerly Silverlode)
    Theozor Viazald CPT 109 | Brau Steinmeister GRD 115 | Bindore HNT 106

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    1,869
    Lol. An exclusive Mordor kite! Well then. Looks like standard edition for me. I bought the legendary versions of Rohan and HD, but these prices are just nuts. Sorry SSG.

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    The City of Light
    Posts
    435
    It's not gonna be the base edition sales that's gonna pay for this expansion. If you want to actually support LOTRO, now you can with the Ultimate FAN Bundle. Prices seem ok, even though the distribution of goodies among the three editions is weird.

    Before I buy, I wanna see what all the pre-purchase cosmetics look like and what the allegiance system really brings to the table.

 

 
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload