We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

The new system of alliances

The new system of alliances is between 4 races and you have to give your loyalty to one to obtain equipment and prizes my question is one becomes enemies with other races on having helped one and the prizes are equal for 4 alliances thank you for the answer
    Last edited by rodin12; Jul 13 2017 at 04:46 PM.

We do not know for certain, however, it does not appear to be like Tavern vs Keg factions, where increased rep with one decreases rep with the other - but it might be . . .

However, until the full Alliance System is up on Bullroarer, or until QuartermasterU posts the Dev Diary (Article) on the subject, possibly next week (as he claimed on today's Twitch Stream); or until the actual release on 31 July, we won't know.
    Bill Magill Mac Player Founder/Lifetimer
    Old Timers Guild - Gladden
    Sr. Editor LOTRO-Wiki.com

Val - Man Minstrel (108)
    Valalin - Dwarf Minsrel (71)
    Valamar - Dwarf Hunter (115)
    Valdicta - Dwarf RK (107)
    Valhad - Elf LM (66)
    Valkeeper - Elf RK (87)
    Valwood - Dwarf RK (81)

Valhunt - Dwarf Hunter (71)
    Valanne - Beorning (105)
    Ninth - Man Warden (66)

"Laid back, not so serious, no drama.
    All about the fun!"

The video I saw said something like the factions will have similar items with slightly different stats and that the differences would be relatively insignificant. We'll see how it turns out. I believe they also said it would be very difficult but not impossible to max more than one faction, but the dev made it seem like it wouldn't be worth bothering with more than one faction on the same character, they suggested doing different characters with different factions. Personally, I wish they made the item stats identical.

Quote Originally Posted by mattspencer View Post
    The video I saw said something like the factions will have similar items with slightly different stats and that the differences would be relatively insignificant. We'll see how it turns out. I believe they also said it would be very difficult but not impossible to max more than one faction, but the dev made it seem like it wouldn't be worth bothering with more than one faction on the same character, they suggested doing different characters with different factions. Personally, I wish they made the item stats identical.
    I am alfreded with the elves, it seems to me with the elves, my hobbit hindered me with the hobbits and so on, I want to manage my character in a different and unique manner according to the raga .. I have to think about my beorning ... frankly if I want to be honest, i see a bit out of place beorning in the alliance system.. no obvious offense ... i want to find out what invent SSG ...

However, since I saw last week it seems that the system of alliances starts from level 110 ... and according to the quedt you take a quest that unlocks a travel skill and a little nut that by the phantom alliance points or what they call ... which serve to progress for the 30 levels in the alliance we expect and each level unlocks a prize, let's see.
    "It's time for epic adventures!"

Mattspencer Mattspencer you can put the link to the video I am grateful for it to you

Quote Originally Posted by Valamar View Post
    We do not know for certain, however, it does not appear to be like Tavern vs Keg factions, where increased rep with one decreases rep with the other - but it might be . . .

However, until the full Alliance System is up on Bullroarer, or until QuartermasterU posts the Dev Diary (Article) on the subject, possibly next week (as he claimed on today's Twitch Stream); or until the actual release on 31 July, we won't know.
    Does this seems absurdly stupid to anyone else? Why in the world would you release a system like this without putting it into at least 2 rounds of beta? Would at least give people the chance to see how it works before they...purchase...the...expans ion...

OH, I GET IT!!!
    "Not all those who wander are lost." -Tolkien
    "No matter where you go, there you are." -Confucius

Quote Originally Posted by Ride_the_Train View Post
    Does this seems absurdly stupid to anyone else? Why in the world would you release a system like this without putting it into at least 2 rounds of beta?
    There are three weekends left before the announced release date (which could still move by a month)...if the system gets to BR this weekend.
    Arda Shrugged - Elendilstone & Landroval

As I understand, can we reach renown of the first alliance relative fast and the others slower.
    But I´m not sure if I understand it right.

Quote Originally Posted by Mukor View Post
    As I understand, can we reach renown of the first alliance relative fast and the others slower.
    But I´m not sure if I understand it right.
    They said it will be more difficult but not impossible to complete more than 1, or all 4, but they have not said if that is a matter of time, content challenge, or other means. We simply don't know yet.
    Arda Shrugged - Elendilstone & Landroval

Quote Originally Posted by rodin12 View Post
    Mattspencer Mattspencer you can put the link to the video I am grateful for it to you
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGVhon1rSwE

Somewhere in this video. Worth the hour or so to watch all of it.

Quote Originally Posted by gildhur View Post
    There are three weekends left before the announced release date (which could still move by a month)...if the system gets to BR this weekend.
    Phew, really? Now that puts our minds at ease.... /sarcasm off.
    Farm as if there is no tomorrow, cook as if there is no health inspection!

When in game, no thoughts of the forums, when on the forums, the game fades. The former is preferable.