We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Speaking of the horse races. Easier way to get between them.

I think it would be fantastic if, during festivals, that one of the horses sitting at the stable next to the start of the horse race would transport you between the Bree race and the Shire race.

The Bree one isn't so difficult to get to these days, since there is a horse to the Bree festival grounds from Bree Town. But the Shire horse race is a pain to get to on a daily basis. Which presumably is why I FAR more often see people at the Bree horse race, than I do at the Shire one.

You know from the MD stables to starting line of the Shire Races the distance isn't even twice that from the bree horse to the starting line. Just go cross country over the crafting fields, down the hill by the pack of Shrews and boom, you're there.

Thanks that's helpful.

However, it would still be far more convenient and see more festival participants participating in the Shire horse race, if there was a quick horse between the two.

There is another thread here that suggests getting rid of the one hour cool down if you lose the race. I think that one hiour cool down stops a lot of people from even taking the extra time to go to the Shire race. That's a long walk to take a risk of having to wait an extra hour.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"
    Continuing the never ending battle to keep Lobelia Sackville-Baggins in check

Quote Originally Posted by FoxFire View Post
    I think it would be fantastic if, during festivals, that one of the horses sitting at the stable next to the start of the horse race would transport you between the Bree race and the Shire race.

The Bree one isn't so difficult to get to these days, since there is a horse to the Bree festival grounds from Bree Town. But the Shire horse race is a pain to get to on a daily basis. Which presumably is why I FAR more often see people at the Bree horse race, than I do at the Shire one.
    Well, if you had a home in the only great housing area, you'd be there.

During festival, I ride out of my wonderful, Shire neighborhood, hit that race, continue to the close-by MD stable, port to Bree, port to the race, port back to Bree, then port to the Tree. Easy.

Now, y'all in Elf, Human, Dwarf and Gondor Housing, you just chose wrong... :P

Quote Originally Posted by FoxFire View Post

For the Shire racetrack go to Michel Delving stablemaster and take the horse to hobbit homestead, and dismount the horse when near the racetrack (back cross country, its near).

Of course a horse linking both racetracks is a nice quality of life thing. /signed.

Sergio :-)
    Moved from Riddermark to Landroval on 2/10/1015!