We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

A huge congratulations for Spilo/StormkrowProductions on his first official @LotroStream.

As a friend of yours I'm proud to see you using your skills in-game and educational skills and putting them to great use.

I'm glad you're shining a light on Lotro's PVMP, it's a light we've needed for a long time and I'm sure everybody appreciates it.

It is a shame about the other streamers and moderators though, letting egos influence their banning/muting/censorship decisions. But that is no fault of your own and you did a great job.

A peak of 95 viewers! That is outstanding for the time slot you have been given and you have made all of us proud.

Thanks again, and well done!

Quote Originally Posted by CheekySig View Post
    As a friend of yours I'm proud to see you using your skills in-game and educational skills and putting them to great use.

I'm glad you're shining a light on Lotro's PVMP, it's a light we've needed for a long time and I'm sure everybody appreciates it.

It is a shame about the other streamers and moderators though, letting egos influence their banning/muting/censorship decisions. But that is no fault of your own and you did a great job.

A peak of 95 viewers! That is outstanding for the time slot you have been given and you have made all of us proud.

Thanks again, and well done!

It was very entertaining and fun!

Will def watch again

Gz Spilo, with Redcoat you're probably the only streamer I can bear to watch.
    Enz
    Original Challenger of Gothmog [x2]
    Leader of Situational Awareness
    Arkenstone

great stream, well structured, and maybe they can finally see some of the issues with pvp in this game, if nothing else.
    doubt they would have the will or manpower to fix it tho tbh

awesome stream!, prob the best stream i've watched so far for lotro...keep up the good work!
    Deadlyline r10 Warg- co'sang- Arkenstone

Deathlyheals r13 defiler- Karnage- Arkenstone

Was a very, very nice stream. One of the only ones I can watch without falling asleep Nice gameplay, nice and friendly guy AND nice explanations. Will watch again 10/10
    Original Challenger of Gothmog

Thank you for the kind words, all!
    ~Rank 11 Loremaster, Arkenstone~

~Rank 13 Warg, Arkenstone~

Can we grief you for all the world to see now?

To echo what the comrades said, The only current streamer that knows how to play the game at level cap and the rest should take note on how to engage with their viewers correctly. Anddddd you didn't even disgustingly blow snot all over your keyboard for 2 hours like someone else who streams so that's good too I guess.

finally a streamer who wont bore us with festivals and lvl 13 landscape quests, good decision by lotro

only thing i did not like was trigger-happy moderator deleted messages for frivolous reasons like caps... but nothing we can do about that

did i miss the macro instructions?

Mortem Tyrannis

putting it out there

It is a shame about the other streamers and moderators though, letting egos influence their banning/muting/censorship decisions. But that is no fault of your own and you did a great job. "

in case your not aware. When streaming in the Official LOTRO stream channel, we have standards and rules that apply to our all around community. when streaming, the show must be family friendly, pg 13 content. no cursing, no harassment, no namecalling, nothing that would lower the standards of our community as a whole will be tolorated. what we do on our own channel is our own business and each streamer has their own twitch and can use it however they see fit. Moderating is not an Ego trip, it is a duty, and all the streamers on the official are Mods. I f anyone breaks the rules for a family friendly chat on the official channel, they will be warned timed out and or banned. you may not like it.. frankly so what. if we dont follow protocol, twitch can pull the channel anytime they want and then you want have streams through the official. so i would suggest instead of complaing that you have to act like adults in the official channel when a streamer is live, either dont watch, or keep quiet and wait thil the streamer is on his or her own channel todo what ever you want to. Most of us have common sence to know that we dont go to the official LOTRO stream page and act like 5 year olds that cant act like adults and carry normal conversations. Most of us.. but for those that dont like to play well with others, well.. that is your choice. bad behavior is not needed to get a point across or to have a discussion. dont wnt to be banned or muted? play by the rules..

as for the stream, aye, he did a great job, and i hope he keeps up the great work, good to have you on the team ; )

now time to play.. Gussymoose

Quote Originally Posted by gussymoose View Post
    It is a shame about the other streamers and moderators though, letting egos influence their banning/muting/censorship decisions. But that is no fault of your own and you did a great job. "

in case your not aware. When streaming in the Official LOTRO stream channel, we have standards and rules that apply to our all around community. when streaming, the show must be family friendly, pg 13 content. no cursing, no harassment, no namecalling, nothing that would lower the standards of our community as a whole will be tolorated. what we do on our own channel is our own business and each streamer has their own twitch and can use it however they see fit. Moderating is not an Ego trip, it is a duty, and all the streamers on the official are Mods. I f anyone breaks the rules for a family friendly chat on the official channel, they will be warned timed out and or banned. you may not like it.. frankly so what. if we dont follow protocol, twitch can pull the channel anytime they want and then you want have streams through the official. so i would suggest instead of complaing that you have to act like adults in the official channel when a streamer is live, either dont watch, or keep quiet and wait thil the streamer is on his or her own channel todo what ever you want to. Most of us have common sence to know that we dont go to the official LOTRO stream page and act like 5 year olds that cant act like adults and carry normal conversations. Most of us.. but for those that dont like to play well with others, well.. that is your choice. bad behavior is not needed to get a point across or to have a discussion. dont wnt to be banned or muted? play by the rules..

as for the stream, aye, he did a great job, and i hope he keeps up the great work, good to have you on the team ; )

now time to play.. Gussymoose

Now we just need tons more decent streamers and push out all you horrible little messes that dont know how to play the game, from the official channel, I thought it was there to entice and draw people in to play Lotro not scare them away. Sheesh, Such a bad example, play lotro and this is what you could look like if you sit around and drink mountain dew all day.. No thank you.

Hunzinator is offline Hunzinator
    Kin Leader of Most Wanted
    Brandywine
    I saw your first stream. And thought you did a great job. Just remember guys and gals. There is a little more than just end game and pvp. Just saying.

Quote Originally Posted by Hunzinator View Post
    I saw your first stream. And thought you did a great job. Just remember guys and gals. There is a little more than just end game and pvp. Just saying.
    Well his streaming is about that, is it a bad thing? Is it a bad thing some streamers just stream low level areas or questing?

To be honest the comments here reflect some of the reasons I choose not to watch the stream at all. The point of a stream that is official to the game is to entice and rope in new players by showing off the finer points of the game as a whole, which I find to be lacking in almost every stream I have ever had the misfortune to see even a short amount of (which is all I could really stomach). The streamers chosen have little to no knowledge of the game by and large and only focus on the most basic forms of play or events that only provide XP and little to no actual enjoyment. The next point is simply when someone asks a question there is no moderator or dev member present on streams to back up the streamer due to the lack of knowledge that they seem to have on most subjects questioned about, to name a few: fastest way to grind to level cap, what crafting schools are important to that class, what is the end game really like, etc. So as we move forward into streaming becoming bigger the streamers need support (and not just a bunch of trigger happy ban bots as most of the mods are in the channel and is one of the big reasons why chat is so dead on the non dev streams), the whole idea of a stream community is to field questions and assist the streamer presenting that night not simply ban anyone with an opposing viewpoint. Lastly to close off, I would recommend a test or filtering system to stop all of these casual players becoming the stream team and looking foolish on camera because(an lets face it this is the most honest way to say it) they have little to no idea about the game to an extent of actually informing a new player or a new potential subscriber, as to why they should even bother with this game rather than play another MMO with a more informative stream basis already established.

Quote Originally Posted by hurther View Post
    Now we just need tons more decent streamers and push out all you horrible little messes that dont know how to play the game, from the official channel, I thought it was there to entice and draw people in to play Lotro not scare them away. Sheesh, Such a bad example, play lotro and this is what you could look like if you sit around and drink mountain dew all day.. No thank you.
    quoted for truth

there is a disproportionate number of casual streamers, which i feel is very bad. nobody wants to watch 5 different streamers do the yule festival when its ingame and it gives a false impression that this casual activity is the only thing to do in LOTRO

@everyone: do you enjoy watch those cartoons aimed at 4-year-olds teaching them what the alphabet is? my guess is no
    if also you said no, then you also wouldn't watch someone on a lvl 20 character killing freaking boars in the North Downs

if you want to entice people in to play LOTRO, you dont show them the stupid low level pve. you show them what they will eventually end up doing if they decide to play LOTRO. when you watch a movie trailer, does it show you mundane scenes or does it show you action scenes? the same logic should apply here

ok yes there are casual players and they need to be catered to, but the purpose of streaming is to show all aspects of gameplay. the addition of a regular pvp streamer is a step in that direction. what we have now is the majority of the "stream team" are casuals
    Last edited by The_Memes; Jul 18 2017 at 11:20 PM.

Hunzinator is offline Hunzinator
    Kin Leader of Most Wanted
    Brandywine
    I have run with some of the streamers while they were on the official streaming, this included big battles, pvmp and raids. so there is a variety. not just running around killing boars.
    and i also found that asking a streamer to show case something for their next show also helps then to know what you want. so next time let them know what you would like to see and im sure they will arrange something.

Quote Originally Posted by Hunzinator View Post
    I have run with some of the streamers while they were on the official streaming, this included big battles, pvmp and raids. so there is a variety. not just running around killing boars.
    while that may happen, those things are extremely rare. they dont even make up 5% of the total streams

this is the stream content in the last 3 days. while you can argue that these are just 9 streams out of 1975, you can easily scroll down on the official site and see the content doesnt vary much at all. i picked this 3 day window for simplicity but this 3 day window isnt all that different from the others that i could have chosen.

by the way, the one on the top left involves killing boars in the North Downs. your argument is invalid
    Last edited by The_Memes; Jul 19 2017 at 04:14 PM.

Want to see more exciting LOTROstream content on Twitch?

Quote Originally Posted by The_Memes View Post
    while that may happen, those things are extremely rare. they dont even make up 5% of the total streams

this is the stream content in the last 3 days. while you can argue that these are just 9 streams out of 1975, you can easily scroll down on the official site and see the content doesnt vary much at all. i picked this 3 day window for simplicity but this 3 day window isnt all that different from the others that i could have chosen...
    If you know what would be way more cool than watching me fish for an hour and ten minutes during Summer Festival, then for goodness sake COME AND STREAM LOTRO! There are plenty of available time slots on LOTROstream for you to come and show us how awesome you are, and we'd be glad to have your help populating the channel with quality streaming. Twitch is free, OBS Studio is free, web cams are cheap, and presumably you already own a PC and a LOTRO account.

A rising tide raises all boats. The more people that are streaming and watching LOTRO, the more recognition LOTRO will enjoy with gamers on Twitch. Be awesome like SpiLo and come stream LOTRO. Show off your mad skills, play and stream LOTRO your way, and a spot on LOTROstream will be yours easily enough. You're almost certainly going to be a better streamer than me, the only difference is I'm the one who showed up and said, "I'll do it."

See you on Twitch!

Big Ed Mustafa

I don't find watching someone else play any video game all that entertaining; however, I've peaked into a few Lotro official streams and it is just sad. All of those streamers I've seen are noobs. They click their skills, they don't have any sort of rotation with their skills, they generally have terrible class advice ( I asked a class question and none of them answered it well) and they use their Mouse to click skills which is just egregious for a streamer.

It could be that no decent players applied. What would people interested in watching streams want to see though? I have zero interest in watching someone else play but would they want to see a featured instance run, skoi/tot runs, pvp, throne, Ss, or leveling? I'm not applying but I bet if Lotro searched they could find someone willing to stream pvp. I have a capable machine to stream it in HD and I'm sure others do. It is probably up to Lotro community managers to seek out content creators if they feel those watching want to see it. I wouldn't stream it for free. SSG would need to give me something in return like Lotro points or mithril coins. And if they offered that to other players, I bet they would get better streamers, not noobish mouse clicking questers that don't know their class.
    Answer questions with a question.
    Perception=Reality
    Just because you got it done, Doesnt mean you did it well.

Quote Originally Posted by esdumby View Post
    I don't find watching someone else play any video game all that entertaining; however, I've peaked into a few Lotro official streams and it is just sad. All of those streamers I've seen are noobs. They click their skills, they don't have any sort of rotation with their skills, they generally have terrible class advice ( I asked a class question and none of them answered it well) and they use their Mouse to click skills which is just egregious for a streamer.

It could be that no decent players applied. What would people interested in watching streams want to see though? I have zero interest in watching someone else play but would they want to see a featured instance run, skoi/tot runs, pvp, throne, Ss, or leveling? I'm not applying but I bet if Lotro searched they could find someone willing to stream pvp. I have a capable machine to stream it in HD and I'm sure others do. It is probably up to Lotro community managers to seek out content creators if they feel those watching want to see it. I wouldn't stream it for free. SSG would need to give me something in return like Lotro points or mithril coins. And if they offered that to other players, I bet they would get better streamers, not noobish mouse clicking questers that don't know their class.
    couldn't agree more. The current streamers only appeal to extremely casual laptop-in-one-hand, kid-in-the-other players.

These players do not bring money to the game in a time where it needs it most.. They are mostly lifetimers who pay for expansions with Lotro Points. Look at the outrage about the expansion price. It comes mostly from lifetimers who want to get the expansion for free through their lifetimer system. They are not of any valuable to the game at all in terms of income.

Pvp/raiding players on the other hand, provide a lengthy, real money subscription to the service, paying real money for expansions and Lotro Points.

SSG seriously needs to rethink their Lifetimers agreement if they are going to advertise to that particular market via streaming.

250-350 dollars 10 years ago just doesn't cut it.

It comes mostly from lifetimers who want to get the expansion for free through their lifetimer system.
    False. The general sentiment is that people are happy to pay, they just have no idea what they are paying for with the collector/fan edition and are generally disgruntled that high elf wasn't included in the base. As far as LOTRO points go people are annoyed that points they have purchased recently won't be of any use in purchasing Mordor (since this is not what used to occur with previous expansions), whilst there may be some who just want it for free jumbled in the majority of people are willing to pay.

But yeah, LOTROstream is generally pretty awful to look at. Taking a look at the rest of Twitch typically shows that the streams people are interested in are either high tier gameplay or hosted by hot girls (it's still the internet after all). Current LOTRO streamers don't do much to draw in new players.
    ~ I tank with a Beorning, my opinion is invalid. ~

Quote Originally Posted by Joedangod View Post
    False. The general sentiment is that people are happy to pay, they just have no idea what they are paying for with the collector/fan edition and are generally disgruntled that high elf wasn't included in the base.
    I'm sorry but no - this just isn't the case. You can check any photo from the Lotro facebook page and see what I'm talking about. Here are a couple for example (had to omit the names and faces because im sure it violates the rules here sadly

"Me? I'll be waiting til winter I guess."

The vast majority of lifetimers share that opinion.

I'm sorry but no - this just isn't the case.
    It's not the typical response given in this forum. There have been very few comments suggesting that lifetimers should be getting Mordor for free and most of the other people complaining about the price are swift to point out that expansions have never worked that way. The sentiment may be different on facebook but those making a noise on the forums generally have a legitimate complaint.
    ~ I tank with a Beorning, my opinion is invalid. ~

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast