We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Suza View Post
    You must really love beating your head against the wall...

The dev team has said this will not happen. End of story.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pontin_Finnberry View Post
    1000 times no, In my Opinion a burglar doesn't fit the dwarf race it would make no sense, and Yes this is a game and we like to have fun, but lets not hurt the lore anymore then there already is (such as high elves coming soon which makes zero sense). /unsigned also theres already a thread on this https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...ar-possibility

Squeaky Wheel gets the grease. Yes, I came to necro my old thread just to say "I got what I wanted"- but really, I couldn't be happier now that I have a Dwarf Burglar! So unsign it, or hate it all you want, I finally have a main character.

They really did it? I dont play the game for quite some time now.

What can i say...?

Enjoy...??
    Thorgull lvl 105 Champion - Malendar lvl 115 Warden - Estelldion lvl 101 LoreMaster - Ballduin lvl 36 Runekeeper - Nharduil lvl 17 Minstrel All on Evernight

Malenborn - Warden & Athanandor - Hunter on Crickhollow (Casual Wanderers)

Quote Originally Posted by Amdi View Post
    Squeaky Wheel gets the grease. Yes, I came to necro my old thread just to say "I got what I wanted"- but really, I couldn't be happier now that I have a Dwarf Burglar! So unsign it, or hate it all you want, I finally have a main character.
    You necro'ed a 3 year old thread just to say "na, na, I won and you lost"? Talk about being spiteful.

That is pretty childish, and I'm being polite.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidmeetHal View Post
    You necro'ed a 3 year old thread just to say "na, na, I won and you lost"? Talk about being spiteful.

Sounds like the OP is channelling his inner Petty-dwarf

Quote Originally Posted by Kostas2112 View Post
    They really did it? I dont play the game for quite some time now.

What can i say...?

Enjoy...??
    Yes!!! They really did it. Thank you, I have been! Only level 40 atm, but I've done every deed and quest all the way up to Evendim currently, with no lack of steam or sign of stopping. I'm reading every quest, experiencing ever instance and it feels wonderful. I literally dropped two other games I invested in to focus on LOTRO.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidmeetHal View Post

I was being polite too. For years I felt like I couldn't invest the time into the game because I love Dwarves and I love stealth classes. Couldn't have both as a main character. Got so much $#!^ for wanting what I wanted. Felt like pulling up this old thread might help demonstrate to folks who so quickly write naysayer posts to discredit ideas/wishes etc. don't age very well, just like you wanted to demonstrate I'm being childish and assuming I'm spiteful. I also thought it important to bring up that thius was in a player suggestion and it WAS implimented. I understand I wasn't the only one requessting it, and likely it was in the minority of other class / race requests, but they DO, in their own way, fulfill player suggestions. Now, I don't think they saw this post in particular and were like "Yep! let's grant his wish" but maybe this was a drop in the collective bucket. Who's to say.

I'm ecstatic that the developers answered my prayers. If you mistake my sheer joy as being spiteful....

... I don't know how to help you fix that.

Quote Originally Posted by Radhruin_EU View Post
    Sounds like the OP is channelling his inner Petty-dwarf
    Zing! See what you did there. Just.... getting into character? ;D
    Last edited by Amdi; Mar 31 2020 at 06:48 PM.

Amdi, I'm happy for you that you now have a main character you can really identify with.

Honestly I never saw the point of people being so against it. If we have Dwarf hunters etc who can use stealth, it undermines all the arguments that dwarves are "too noisy." Besides, the quoted passage where Bilbo talks about noisy dwarves is supposed to emphasize how unnaturally quiet hobbits are, not to say that Dwarves are unnaturally loud.

Anyway after your long wait I hope you find all the enjoyment you've been missing

Quote Originally Posted by Halphast View Post
    Honestly I never saw the point of people being so against it.
    People usually get all up in arms about suggestions when the OP comes out swinging against anyone that disagrees with them, and it looks like this was the case. It was him that got people riled up, not the suggestion. Like him necroing a 3 year old thread just to tweak people's noses.

Thumbs up

Im happy for You Amdi !!! Congratulations. Personally I have never liked when they tie certain classes to only certain races, or like in some MMO RPG's tie certain classes even to certain genders only.

I haven't read all the old replies in this thread, as it's old stuff. There is enough new drama to go around to noty want to dig around in more than necessary. I only read the lasts few ones from You finally getting a Dwarven Burglar.

I like personal freedom of choice. The more personal freedom the better (with some exceptions of course when it endangers others, or encroach too much on others freedom etc). Yes I also realize we have to have rules in place to not have full out anarchy, as unfortionetly so many would abuse their freedom against the weaker. The law of the jungle would become the norm. Regulations against those with too much power as well, corporations etc, but that is a topic for another discussion. As for the game I find the more choices we have the better. I really dislike when we are steared and tunneled into make certain choices. I have the same issue with RK for example. As I could only make it Elf or Dwarf. Then I prefer to make my Dwarves some kind of melee class, preferably with a shield, axe, hammer,. or whjen possible (in mmo rpg's) a type of spear (to compensate for their shorter reach) etc. And as for Elves in LoTRO, I simply can not stand the male Elf neutral stance and posture (sme with high-elf looks). So my RK is simply mostly used as a crafting alt and rarely played at all as i fgeel no imersion due to chosing a race I don't like to play that way. Then they relased the stout-axes and I would have really enjoyed making a Dwarf Warden. Fighting behind a large shield poking out with his spear. However they made it so Warden can not be created as a Dwarf, yet again. So I have not even bothered creating a stout-axe as a result. I will create one, play the intro just the get the axe and helmet they get after intro. Then put them in my wardrobe, but that is about it. I got all the other classes I want already. Both stout-axes as well as RK's are pretty much useless to me due to the restriction of race vs class.
    Last edited by Lord.Funk; Apr 01 2020 at 02:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Halphast View Post
    Honestly I never saw the point of people being so against it.
    Because (in this case) the OP was tone-deaf as far as the story went. We weren't just playing generic Dwarves before, we were playing Longbeards and they're meant to be the more honourable sort of Dwarf, not given to being underhanded or untrustworthy like some of their brethren and more importantly, being firmly opposed to Sauron (hence them getting involved in the war, which is a an obvious prerequisite for playable characters in this game). The other Dwarves wouldn't join the fight, they'd keep their heads down and mind their own business and so if there were Dwarf Burglars out there from the not-so-honourable clans, they'd be NPCs. Hence SSG making up a new sort of Dwarf, ones who have good reasons of their own to despise Sauron & Co. (so they have a plausible reason to fight) and letting them be Burglars, instead. So nowadays, it makes some sense whereas before, it didn't.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2