We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Login with full morale!

Please make the change, so that at login your char has full morale (as it is common use in other mmos).
    Especially on high morale chars like tanks, lm, mini you end up with only about 10% of your morale at login, which is just pure annoying and of no other use.

Quote Originally Posted by andrane View Post
    Please make the change, so that at login your char has full morale (as it is common use in other mmos).
    Especially on high morale chars like tanks, lm, mini you end up with only about 10% of your morale at login, which is just pure annoying and of no other use.
    The problem are the max morale essences, would we get our polster from vita, we would be full. But now we have nearly no ocmr and big morale.

when you had full morale at login, people used to exploit this for healing via relog.
    thats why it was changed.
    However, today, where everyone can heal himself, low morale on login is no issue anyway, as long as you dont login directly infight.
    Diskutierer, Fragenbeantworter, Twinker, Händler, Handwerker und Anführer der 'Gemeinschaft der freien Völker' auf Belegaer.
    Deutsche Guides für nahezu alles, was Casuals interessieren könnte, gibts hier: http://gdfv.forumo.de/guides-f24/

Quote Originally Posted by Oelle View Post
    when you had full morale at login, people used to exploit this for healing via relog.
    thats why it was changed.
    However, today, where everyone can heal himself, low morale on login is no issue anyway, as long as you dont login directly infight.
    But you shouldn´t have to use a skill (most are panics with a long cd) to heal your morale before you start anything.
    And it´s not jsut the loginreg it´s everywhere. e.g. lang rhuven with a champ you have to wait to long before rushing into the next 10 man.
    ocmr is far to low hopefully with Mordor we go back to vita and the problem is solved. 7.2 ocmr/vita so if we have ~10k vita like a champ has migth, a rk will and a hunter agility we would be reged in no time.
    And there are classes which have a problem to get full morale. e.g. champ figth on isn´t enough to heal the rest of the ~25k morale.
    And if ocmr would be higher nobody would lock out to reg the morale.

This is really only an issue on classes without some sort of morale regen skill. My man burg takes forever to regen morale up to 35k, the solution I have found is Dale Man's Crams, 3300 OCMR, helps a ton, but even these are getting expensive on the AH.

LM, Hunter, RK, Cappy, Mini and Warden all have skills you can pop to solve this problem... Not sure on guard, I don't have one.
    Irin r8 Hunter // Arngar r8 Burg // Akthuri r15 LM // Vishus r5 Captain // Curad r11 (active) Mini

Quote Originally Posted by Irin19 View Post
    This is really only an issue on classes without some sort of morale regen skill. My man burg takes forever to regen morale up to 35k, the solution I have found is Dale Man's Crams, 3300 OCMR, helps a ton, but even these are getting expensive on the AH.

LM, Hunter, RK, Cappy, Mini and Warden all have skills you can pop to solve this problem... Not sure on guard, I don't have one.
    guard has warriors heart heals around 160k of morale but this is a panic same as the council for lms, with waterlore they need really long to reg their 60k morale.

Interesting discussion...I'm wondering what someone is doing when they 1st login that requires them to be at full morale? I make sure I always log out in a safe area so I don't need to worry right away about being at full morale. If I have a "Crash to Desktop" which for me is rare...I make a note of that when I log out so I can port somewhere safe the next time I log in if the area was dangerous.

Quote Originally Posted by Irin19 View Post
    Crams are worth anything? Good heavens. I keep getting them as Hobbit Present drops and immediately drop them. But then, I have three Anorien Master cooks.
    Eruanne - Shards of Narsil-1 - Elendilmir -> Arkenstone

Quote Originally Posted by farmhand99 View Post
    Interesting discussion...I'm wondering what someone is doing when they 1st login that requires them to be at full morale? I make sure I always log out in a safe area so I don't need to worry right away about being at full morale. If I have a "Crash to Desktop" which for me is rare...I make a note of that when I log out so I can port somewhere safe the next time I log in if the area was dangerous.
    personally I lock out whereever I stand and if this is in the middle of a camp well doesn´t matter in former days this was never a problem, now it is. and I don´t want to port awy and run back after lock in just I´ve to do something in reallife

in areas that you play solo in landscape, there is no need to use panics. therefore, you can just use your panic on login to be healed, if you insist in logging out/in in dangerous zones

and champ in LR? thats supposed to be a group-zone. So if you solo it, obviously it should be more difficult

60k morale on any class in landscape? irrelevant. no common enemy kills you with 20k, so as long as you are higher than that, you're fine.

My burg usually doesnt get damage at all as every enemy gets onehitted. and every crit rewards with a bit of heal... so no issue either.
    Diskutierer, Fragenbeantworter, Twinker, Händler, Handwerker und Anführer der 'Gemeinschaft der freien Völker' auf Belegaer.
    Deutsche Guides für nahezu alles, was Casuals interessieren könnte, gibts hier: http://gdfv.forumo.de/guides-f24/

Quote Originally Posted by Oelle View Post
    in areas that you play solo in landscape, there is no need to use panics. therefore, you can just use your panic on login to be healed, if you insist in logging out/in in dangerous zones

and champ in LR? thats supposed to be a group-zone. So if you solo it, obviously it should be more difficult

60k morale on any class in landscape? irrelevant. no common enemy kills you with 20k, so as long as you are higher than that, you're fine.

My burg usually doesnt get damage at all as every enemy gets onehitted. and every crit rewards with a bit of heal... so no issue either.
    well for landscape there is no need of panics but this doesn´t mean that you have to use them for starting.
    It´s not difficult you just have to wait to long before you can kill the next. this is just annoying not difficult.
    for sure you don´t need this morale for landscape but you don´t need any damage too, so why should someone has changeequip for landscape. t2 equip is ifne for it.

/agree w/op
    Be strong.

This has become very annoying for me too.

Quote Originally Posted by Mukor View Post
    with waterlore they need really long to reg their 60k morale.
    Nah, 3 stacks of waterlore gets the morale up plenty fast... plus, 60k morale? I go with 38k and a whole lot more mastery.
    Irin r8 Hunter // Arngar r8 Burg // Akthuri r15 LM // Vishus r5 Captain // Curad r11 (active) Mini

Unfortunately, the reason it is done the way it is currently is to prevent players from exploiting defects in the morale code. Prior to this implementation people were able to confuse the game software and get their maximum morale up to huge values that make their character unable to die.

I vaguely recall seeing characters with morale values in the 100s of thousands. That was long before the higher morale we have in 2017.

A suspect the reasons for choosing the current implementation:

1) They did not have to make multiple updates to the game software to fix each exploit.

2) It probably a relatively low cost solution.

3) They have to worry about introducing another exploit in a later update.

4) Often with this kind of defect. There is more than one cause. You fix it. The problem does not go away. Spin your wheels trying to make sure the fix really works. Sigh. There must be another defect,
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

It's an inconvenience, but you just have to plan for it.

Get some Oak Campfire kits from a cook. They add 4604 OCMR. Buy or make some Cooked Food for more OCMR, otherwise buy up Dale-men's Crams from the AH for another large chunk of OCMR. If not that, then Cut of Traveller's Well Seared Beef from the Algraig rep vendor in Enedwaith for 2914 OCMR.

Sure it's still going to take some time to restore Morale, so be ready for that when you log in if you logged out in an unsafe place. Embrace the challenge!

Or take a free trip to the rez circle and pay some piddly amount for equipment repair the next time you hit a vendor.
    The Lag is so bad I saw Sara Oakheart outrun someone - kickman77

Cener, Ingo, Rilibald, Hesred, Halras, Belegthelion, Ingoror, Gloringo
    Arkenstone (ex-Elendilmir) - The Osgiliath Guard - http://www.theoldergamers.com

Quote Originally Posted by farmhand99 View Post
    example: having chars parked at the crafting instances (or and other dailies where you wanna start killing asap). useless waiting before you can do something
    Last edited by andrane; Jun 20 2017 at 03:36 AM.

As far as I can remember this was either implemented or increased due to an exploit in pvp.
    A lot of folks thought it was fair play to log off during combat to evade defeat.

So, they increased the logout time whilst in combat - can't remember the timers but if you
    try and log out in combat it now takes a lot longer than out of combat.

At the same or similar time they then decreased the the morale pool of when logging back
    to discourage this practice as opponent could wait on the spot and when they logged back in
    you would be disadvantaged.
    ----A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything----

Quote Originally Posted by LabadalofDorlomin View Post
    As far as I can remember this was either implemented or increased due to an exploit in pvp.
    A lot of folks thought it was fair play to log off during combat to evade defeat.

So, they increased the logout time whilst in combat - can't remember the timers but if you

At the same or similar time they then decreased the the morale pool of when logging back
    to discourage this practice as opponent could wait on the spot and when they logged back in
    i m aware of that. but pvp != pve. i m total ok with that implementation in pvp to prevent combat logging. just change it in pve areas to a more usefull implementation

Quote Originally Posted by LabadalofDorlomin View Post

Care to tell why creeps log on with basically full morale?

Quote Originally Posted by siipperi View Post
    Care to tell why creeps log on with basically full morale?
    Because of their insane out of combat morale regen. You start to regen morale when the loading screen starts when you log in, you can also use skills too during the loading screen, so minstrels, defilers etc have nothing to complain about as they can log in with full morale. When freeps get their vitality as a main stat again (which will happen next update) we will no longer have these issues, hopefully.
    Do or do not, there is no try. ~Yoda

Quote Originally Posted by Latanab View Post
    Because of their insane out of combat morale regen. You start to regen morale when the loading screen starts when you log in, you can also use skills too during the loading screen, so minstrels, defilers etc have nothing to complain about as they can log in with full morale. When freeps get their vitality as a main stat again (which will happen next update) we will no longer have these issues, hopefully.
    Still doesn't make sense that it would have been made because of PvP does it now? I think none of us knows answer for this but I think it has to do something about when they changes whole loading times to be faster and game loading just ignores equipment till last moment. Of course last time I remember having like 5 minute loading time was like 2010 or 11, after that been using just SSDs so loading times been just 10-20s contributing to whole thing even more. It's kinda hilarious to log on with like 1k morale on burglar.

Combat logging exploiters will use it to stay on full morale, not just in pvp but also in pve raids.

While slightly annoying this low morale login, I think its nothing more than that, slightly annoying.
    The end is here, the ring is gone. I could not help it . . .

Quote Originally Posted by botoo View Post
    Combat logging exploiters will use it to stay on full morale, not just in pvp but also in pve raids.

While slightly annoying this low morale login, I think its nothing more than that, slightly annoying.
    Why would you combat log to regen morale in PvE raid tho? Takes uhm, 25s(?) to log out in combat and minstrel puts your morale to full in 1s.

Quote Originally Posted by siipperi View Post
    Why would you combat log to regen morale in PvE raid tho? Takes uhm, 25s(?) to log out in combat and minstrel puts your morale to full in 1s.
    Not if you solo the raid, in case of an older raid, thats just slightly to difficult to solo it normally.
    Lets just say, you're not using a set for reduced CD for BotP as a guard and the enemies deal enough damage, that you need to fill the gap between two BotP with your other cooldowns. Now, after using BotP, all other cooldowns, BotP again, you have no cooldowns left and would die within the next half minute. You could relog in this case, be on full morale again and repeat this endlessly. (although I think the enemies would reset and heal full in that time, too. But maybe you could kill adds that dont respawn and it might help.)
    Or just do the same thing with a class with much less selfheal... do damage until your health gets low, relog, do damage again. thats not how its intended, therefore thats not how it works.

I agree though, higher vitality/OCMR would fix it. Still, imo, OCMR shouldnt ever get so high, that all morale is filled within 10s without doing anything. between harder fights that actually reduce your morale, there should be a bit of downtime. full morale regg by OCMR with all possible buffs activated (including things like campfires) imo should be between 30-60s.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast