We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    They just have to deactivate the log out function in combat completly and alt+f4 or a normal disco lead to an instant defeat.
    at a dc this may be an unfair misfortune but one death you´ve to die. only disadvantage maigth be id 6 after the forge if the champ doesn´t come out of figth but well #### happens.
    and the ocmr-problem will be solve if we will go back to vita for our moralepool. maxmorale should be maximum 4.6*vitavalue not as now 6.6.

Quote Originally Posted by Oelle View Post
    However, today, where everyone can heal himself, low morale on login is no issue anyway, as long as you dont login directly infight.
    Go on then explain how my champ heals himself for 20k+ morale? You're right on my 105 RK and Cappy's it's not an issue apart from tedious spamming of heals for first few minutes but for my champ it is an issue.

It's a right pain at the best of times as it takes minutes to get anywhere near full morale (26k) and at the weekend caused me to get defeated by a stray insect in a pub in Minas Tirith whilst collecting remembrances for the scavenger hunt thanks to having to login again due the well known MT crashes to desktop.

One solution would be to dramatically boost OCMR.
    Wal's Army on Evernight - Walred (Champ), Walmur (RK), Walbert-2 (Cappy), Walori (Guard), Walrandir (LM), Walora (Warden), Walmo (Burg)

Quote Originally Posted by Once_of_Bree View Post
    Go on then explain how my champ heals himself for 20k+ morale? You're right on my 105 RK and Cappy's it's not an issue apart from tedious spamming of heals for first few minutes but for my champ it is an issue.
    Well... champ is the ultimate weapon of mass destruction... which is especially useful in landscape.
    there has to be a payoff somewhere yellow line has healprocs on aoe skills, redline has heals on kill, blueline has bubblestuff... sure all those dont help with healing full fast on login... but I think its fine that champs have a small disadvantage here.
    Diskutierer, Fragenbeantworter, Twinker, Händler, Handwerker und Anführer der 'Gemeinschaft der freien Völker' auf Belegaer.
    Deutsche Guides für nahezu alles, was Casuals interessieren könnte, gibts hier: http://gdfv.forumo.de/guides-f24/

One solution is to eat food right before logout so that when you login next time the food is still active and you are getting the regen from it to fill your bar quicker. You can even do this with two foods, one cook crafted and one beorning food. I don't think the cooldowns on consumables expire when you aren't logged in, so you will lose about two minutes of the 5/10/15 minutes due to logout/login.

There are lots of cooldowns you can use in the above manner to get maximum benefit.

Personally, I don't logout in unsafe areas, and usually don't jump right into combat after login.

It's a right pain at the best of times as it takes minutes to get anywhere near full morale (26k) and at the weekend caused me to get defeated by a stray insect in a pub in Minas Tirith whilst collecting remembrances for the scavenger hunt thanks to having to login again due the well known MT crashes to desktop.

One solution would be to dramatically boost OCMR.
    Trait swap to Blue line and use Dire Need, and if Man use Strength of Morale. Not 20k, but maybe 5-6k?

*Edit* With Improved Dire Need, you may heal for 7-9k. If you logout in Blue, will Exalted Combatant heal you on login? That would be another 5-8k worth of heal. So we are at 12-17k now.
    Last edited by mattspencer; Jun 20 2017 at 10:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mattspencer View Post
    Trait swap to Blue line and use Dire Need, and if Man use Strength of Morale. Not 20k, but maybe 5-6k?

*Edit* With Improved Dire Need, you may heal for 7-9k. If you logout in Blue, will Exalted Combatant heal you on login? That would be another 5-8k worth of heal. So we are at 12-17k now.
    add 30% heal over 20s on top and you are done^^
    Diskutierer, Fragenbeantworter, Twinker, Händler, Handwerker und Anführer der 'Gemeinschaft der freien Völker' auf Belegaer.
    Deutsche Guides für nahezu alles, was Casuals interessieren könnte, gibts hier: http://gdfv.forumo.de/guides-f24/

Hmm that's a lot of effort to address a clearly broken mechanic, and what is this blue line? I haven't used that since Moria and maybe not even then, I'm a champ I exist for one reason and one reason only shing shing, so it's yellow or nothing.

Anyway it's not really dangerous situations that worry me, I don't normally log out in such places and if so I'm prepared, it's just normal quality of like pain that bugs me more. E.g. typically login to HA grab Torngroth daily, map to Camp of the Host grab Morgul flowers quest, ride to Torngroth, my morale won't have reached 10k before I'm in combat. In fact it's normally only whilst emptying bags after doing Torngroth and Morgul flowers and then mapping back to HA and handing in quest that my morale is full.

It's a pain, it's annoying and it's something that should be fixed to improve the quality of life for all of us. Putting it really simply the devs broke it so they should fix it.

[My other pet peeve at the moment is the 4s leg break between Camp of the Hosts and Torngroth, why when there is no drop.]
    Wal's Army on Evernight - Walred (Champ), Walmur (RK), Walbert-2 (Cappy), Walori (Guard), Walrandir (LM), Walora (Warden), Walmo (Burg)

Hmm that's a lot of effort to address a clearly broken mechanic, and what is this blue line? I haven't used that since Moria and maybe not even then, I'm a champ I exist for one reason and one reason only shing shing, so it's yellow or nothing.

Anyway it's not really dangerous situations that worry me, I don't normally log out in such places and if so I'm prepared, it's just normal quality of like pain that bugs me more. E.g. typically login to HA grab Torngroth daily, map to Camp of the Host grab Morgul flowers quest, ride to Torngroth, my morale won't have reached 10k before I'm in combat. In fact it's normally only whilst emptying bags after doing Torngroth and Morgul flowers and then mapping back to HA and handing in quest that my morale is full.

It's a pain, it's annoying and it's something that should be fixed to improve the quality of life for all of us. Putting it really simply the devs broke it so they should fix it.

[My other pet peeve at the moment is the 4s leg break between Camp of the Hosts and Torngroth, why when there is no drop.]
    So while it is a broken mechanic I think it wasn't broken by the devs as much as we outleveled it. Who would have predicted the massive morale pools we have now? Similar to the skill "man heal" I don't think it has scaled with us.

All that said - it never ceases to amaze me how in every thread there are the same people defending broken mechanics / policies / processes / bad code. You are defending things that would actually improve YOUR quality of life too!! I just don't get it.
    Irin r8 Hunter // Arngar r8 Burg // Akthuri r15 LM // Vishus r5 Captain // Curad r11 (active) Mini

It doesn´t matter if there are opportunitiey with selfheals and regfood pre log out.
    But this shouldn´t be necessary.
    It´s just the missing ocmr cuase of this mkaxmorale instaed of vita-system we have now just look at the creeps theyßre full after log in and they´ve more morale than the freeps.
    We just can hop that we go back to vita with Mordor. the signs look like that.

I may be misremembering here but I seem to recall that this low moral on log-in started after people complained about how long it took for characters to appear in-game. So Turbine changed it so that you appear with base stats and all the other stuff you get from gear, etc. gets added after you're in.

So, if I'm remembering correctly, you could appear in-game with full moral but it would take longer for your char to appear. (Thumb twiddling time either way.)

Quote Originally Posted by Altair6 View Post
    I may be misremembering here but I seem to recall that this low moral on log-in started after people complained about how long it took for characters to appear in-game. So Turbine changed it so that you appear with base stats and all the other stuff you get from gear, etc. gets added after you're in.

So, if I'm remembering correctly, you could appear in-game with full moral but it would take longer for your char to appear. (Thumb twiddling time either way.)
    Originally the game calculated your full Morale based on stats, equipment, etc. and set that value as your Morale at the same time it was setting all other calculated values like Phys Mit, etc.

Someone figured out an exploit which let you increase Morale to as high as you wanted, depending on how willing you were to repeat the exploit sequence. Made it easy to solo a lot of instances and to mess with the Creeps in PvP.

Turbine fixed the exploit by only setting Morale based on level (anad maybe base stats?) before the character appeared. Then the character would OCMR heal up to max morale. This worked OK when everyone had a goodly amount of Vit. (Had no effect on login time.)

Then Essences induced people to stack Morale rather than Vit and everyone's OCMR dropped significantly, causing this problem to become severe for some classes.
    The Lag is so bad I saw Sara Oakheart outrun someone - kickman77

Cener, Ingo, Rilibald, Hesred, Halras, Belegthelion, Ingoror, Gloringo
    Arkenstone (ex-Elendilmir) - The Osgiliath Guard - http://www.theoldergamers.com

For the record I am not defending the current situation, just looking for a solution for players as is. I too think the regen rates should be higher, and if we go back to vitality that will help. However, I doubt many 20-30k morale champs have that many morale instead of vitality essences slotted. The gear will have to all change to main stat + vitality, but even with that it will be a bit of a slow regen. I am almost always checking mail or auction house when I login, which gives me plenty of time for natural regen. I do play a Guard so I am always Warrior's Heart away from full, but I did spend the empowerment scrolls to max it out, which is IMO similar to swapping trait lines for a one time heal (I put WH on swap LI's).

If you take your game and OS off that SSD and onto an ageing SATA I then you will be on full health as you arrive after 10 minutes into the game.

My Guard just does Warrior's Heart, Mini switches LIs and hits a couple of heal skills, RK has to switch build to heal, champ does her heafty HOT, Hunter does press onwards and my burglar stands there wondering why I still log him on and he's full by the time I log him off.

Ideally you have your big heal on a hot key you can press as soon as you get the load bar up so you can fire it off well before you arrive in game.

It is odd that the War-stead was changed so it would have full bars as you mounted and so could be used as a throw away during a fight. It used to be my standard tactic in the early days to ride off dismount and mount to continue a long solo fight with a RT mob with a Guard.

Mac

For the record I am not defending the current situation, just looking for a solution for players as is. I too think the regen rates should be higher, and if we go back to vitality that will help. However, I doubt many 20-30k morale champs have that many morale instead of vitality essences slotted. The gear will have to all change to main stat + vitality, but even with that it will be a bit of a slow regen. I am almost always checking mail or auction house when I login, which gives me plenty of time for natural regen. I do play a Guard so I am always Warrior's Heart away from full, but I did spend the empowerment scrolls to max it out, which is IMO similar to swapping trait lines for a one time heal (I put WH on swap LI's).
    jsut calculate it:
    A champ has ~25k morale and ~1300 vita(basesats+stattome) this make ~21k morale out of maxmorale.
    Ignoring the basemaxmorale and calculate the 21k down to vita. you´ve 7k vita more. this makes ~50k ocmr more.
    So less than a half minute to reg full instead of 2.7 minutes.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2