We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: Fangorn leaves

Fangorn leaves

Please reduce the prices of the items in Fangorn. I have just done a few quests for the hurons around Isengard and they were fun with a reward of Fangorn leaves. When i checked to see what they could be bartered for i was amazed at the costs 70 leaves for a one use recipe with a small chance of a crited item. Some of the better items were 210 leaves and a requirement to be kindred. This is when the average reward for a quest seems to be 3 leaves thats a lot of quests to get 210 leaves.

Maybe some of the quests give larger amounts of leaves. If not i suspect most people will do what i am tempted to do say no chance and move on to somthing else. So how about reducing the cost to ssomthing more reasonable.

Quote Originally Posted by Atrixzia View Post
    Maybe some of the quests give larger amounts of leaves.
    Once you unlock the crafting instances, you can get 9 "Fangorn Leaves" bundles per day from those quests. Each bundle contains 3-15 actual leaves, which gives you a minimum of 27 leaves per day for 20 minutes or less (in reality it is closer to 40, it takes me 3 days to get a new LI title scroll just by running the crafting instances).

The only useful rewards are: LI scrolls and cosmetic pets. The 3 day effort per scroll looks fair to me. The cosmetic pets used to be ultra rare before they were even added to a barterer, so a higher price is also fair.
    Ishtarien - Captain
    Ishtari - Rune Keeper / Ishtarel - Hunter / Lunasa - Minstrel
    Ishtaridas - LRM 105 / Ishti - BRG 105 / Cabernetta - GRD 105 / Merlotta - CHP 105 / Medovinus - BRN 105
    The Mellowship || Eldar -> Evernight

Quote Originally Posted by Lunasa View Post
    Once you unlock the crafting instances, you can get 9 "Fangorn Leaves" bundles per day from those quests. Each bundle contains 3-15 actual leaves, which gives you a minimum of 27 leaves per day for 20 minutes or less (in reality it is closer to 40, it takes me 3 days to get a new LI title scroll just by running the crafting instances).

The only useful rewards are: LI scrolls and cosmetic pets. The 3 day effort per scroll looks fair to me. The cosmetic pets used to be ultra rare before they were even added to a barterer, so a higher price is also fair.
    Eh, it's a 3 year old grind. Most games drop the requirements on old content so as to get people to run them, and LOTRO's done the same with stuff like Hytbold. I don't see anything wrong with dropping the barter costs.
    Tarahimal of the King's Own, Rank 13 Champion of Landroval.
    ~2,000 rating record in Mines of Moria~
    New, older, and improved.

Quote Originally Posted by RANA01340 View Post
    Eh, it's a 3 year old grind. Most games drop the requirements on old content so as to get people to run them, and LOTRO's done the same with stuff like Hytbold. I don't see anything wrong with dropping the barter costs.
    Agreed, its very old content. The LI title scroll is still valuable, so I don't see any problem with them leaving the 100 leaf cost on that until some better title scroll comes along, but everything else is just crazily over-priced. I bartered 100 leaves not so long ago for a crate of scholar mats. There were only 8 parchments inside the box. I almost rage quit lol. I don't mind grind, or working for things when they are current, but Fangorn holds mostly old and dated items now.
    Monkeys are superior to man in this . . . . When a monkey looks in a mirror, he sees a monkey.
    Edited, because some folk just can't do wordplay.

Quote Originally Posted by Lunasa View Post

Haha!

Missed the point by a country mile!!!
    Mac OS player!

Quote Originally Posted by Arnenna View Post
    Agreed, its very old content. The LI title scroll is still valuable, so I don't see any problem with them leaving the 100 leaf cost on that until some better title scroll comes along, but everything else is just crazily over-priced. I bartered 100 leaves not so long ago for a crate of scholar mats. There were only 8 parchments inside the box. I almost rage quit lol. I don't mind grind, or working for things when they are current, but Fangorn holds mostly old and dated items now.
    The issue with the LI titles is that they're also available from doing two (or three maybe) T2C bosses. This makes them extremely easy to get for raiders (who most likely already have them, or don't need them since they're pretty much worthless on anything but agility classes that easily cap crit) and much, much harder for casual players to come across. I honestly think the price on them should be between 30 and 50 leaves max.

Quote Originally Posted by Stigger32 View Post
    Haha!

Missed the point by a country mile!!!
    Which point exactly did I miss?

I replied to a single line, because from my experience many players do not realize that the crafting instances are a good way to grind these leaves. I will be glad if it helps even a single person.

Regarding the actual price of the barter items, I do feel that it is too early to reduce the prices, because the items are either still relevant or so outdated that no player would need them. Unless that player is using the xp disabler and wants to stay at lvl95 for a longer period to experience the game "as it was". Then he should see the grind "as it was" as well. I follow this route on my alts and recently did the Wildermore reputation and deed grind with my lvl85 hunter, for example. The ultra simplified Hytbold does upset me personally.

We all have our own opinions, aren't we? I am only sharing mine.
    Ishtarien - Captain
    Ishtari - Rune Keeper / Ishtarel - Hunter / Lunasa - Minstrel
    Ishtaridas - LRM 105 / Ishti - BRG 105 / Cabernetta - GRD 105 / Merlotta - CHP 105 / Medovinus - BRN 105
    The Mellowship || Eldar -> Evernight

Quote Originally Posted by RANA01340 View Post
    The issue with the LI titles is that they're also available from doing two (or three maybe) T2C bosses. This makes them extremely easy to get for raiders (who most likely already have them, or don't need them since they're pretty much worthless on anything but agility classes that easily cap crit) and much, much harder for casual players to come across. I honestly think the price on them should be between 30 and 50 leaves max.
    I'd have thought that's all the more reason to leave those priced as they are currently. Even if a casual player only does the quests in the area with no repeatables, they can get the LI title. I really like it when the game provides alternative avenues to gear, but I do believe that easier routes should take longer.
    Monkeys are superior to man in this . . . . When a monkey looks in a mirror, he sees a monkey.
    Edited, because some folk just can't do wordplay.

they actually did reduce the grind on this. you can do many more of the daily quest than you could before. it used to take a really long time to get enough leaves. now the resources instances are very fast to run if you are at level cap. just doing those gets plenty of leaves with little effort. i did just that recently for an alt i was building a LI for. though i won't complain if they lower the barter costs, I doubt they will make any further changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Arnenna View Post
    I'd have thought that's all the more reason to leave those priced as they are currently. Even if a casual player only does the quests in the area with no repeatables, they can get the LI title. I really like it when the game provides alternative avenues to gear, but I do believe that easier routes should take longer.
    Nah. Not when the alternative title takes 40 minutes to get and is the better version for all classes but hunter/warden/burg. Keeping it priced like that just means that nobody'll go for it over the alternative, regardless of whether they're crit capped or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Atrixzia View Post
    Please reduce the prices of the items in Fangorn. I have just done a few quests for the hurons around Isengard and they were fun with a reward of Fangorn leaves. When i checked to see what they could be bartered for i was amazed at the costs 70 leaves for a one use recipe with a small chance of a crited item. Some of the better items were 210 leaves and a requirement to be kindred. This is when the average reward for a quest seems to be 3 leaves thats a lot of quests to get 210 leaves.
    Entwood grind was ALREADY simplified some updates ago. At release the seed quest chain (Carnimírië/Lassemista/Orofarnë seeds) was playable only 1 quest at time, and with a timer for the next one. Now you can to play all the seed quests the same day.

Sergio :-)
    Moved from Riddermark to Landroval on 2/10/1015!