We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Results 1 to 21 of 21

Thread: Fangorn leaves

  1. #1

    Fangorn leaves

    Please reduce the prices of the items in Fangorn. I have just done a few quests for the hurons around Isengard and they were fun with a reward of Fangorn leaves. When i checked to see what they could be bartered for i was amazed at the costs 70 leaves for a one use recipe with a small chance of a crited item. Some of the better items were 210 leaves and a requirement to be kindred. This is when the average reward for a quest seems to be 3 leaves thats a lot of quests to get 210 leaves.

    Maybe some of the quests give larger amounts of leaves. If not i suspect most people will do what i am tempted to do say no chance and move on to somthing else. So how about reducing the cost to ssomthing more reasonable.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    1,199
    Quote Originally Posted by Atrixzia View Post
    Maybe some of the quests give larger amounts of leaves.
    Once you unlock the crafting instances, you can get 9 "Fangorn Leaves" bundles per day from those quests. Each bundle contains 3-15 actual leaves, which gives you a minimum of 27 leaves per day for 20 minutes or less (in reality it is closer to 40, it takes me 3 days to get a new LI title scroll just by running the crafting instances).

    The only useful rewards are: LI scrolls and cosmetic pets. The 3 day effort per scroll looks fair to me. The cosmetic pets used to be ultra rare before they were even added to a barterer, so a higher price is also fair.
    Ishtarien - Captain
    Ishtari - Rune Keeper / Ishtarel - Hunter / Lunasa - Minstrel
    Ishtaridas - LRM 105 / Ishti - BRG 105 / Cabernetta - GRD 105 / Merlotta - CHP 105 / Medovinus - BRN 105
    The Mellowship || Eldar -> Evernight

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    M.A.
    Posts
    2,014
    Quote Originally Posted by Lunasa View Post
    Once you unlock the crafting instances, you can get 9 "Fangorn Leaves" bundles per day from those quests. Each bundle contains 3-15 actual leaves, which gives you a minimum of 27 leaves per day for 20 minutes or less (in reality it is closer to 40, it takes me 3 days to get a new LI title scroll just by running the crafting instances).

    The only useful rewards are: LI scrolls and cosmetic pets. The 3 day effort per scroll looks fair to me. The cosmetic pets used to be ultra rare before they were even added to a barterer, so a higher price is also fair.
    Eh, it's a 3 year old grind. Most games drop the requirements on old content so as to get people to run them, and LOTRO's done the same with stuff like Hytbold. I don't see anything wrong with dropping the barter costs.
    Tarahimal of the King's Own, Rank 13 Champion of Landroval.
    ~2,000 rating record in Mines of Moria~
    New, older, and improved.


  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Wales, United Kingdom
    Posts
    7,923
    Quote Originally Posted by RANA01340 View Post
    Eh, it's a 3 year old grind. Most games drop the requirements on old content so as to get people to run them, and LOTRO's done the same with stuff like Hytbold. I don't see anything wrong with dropping the barter costs.
    Agreed, its very old content. The LI title scroll is still valuable, so I don't see any problem with them leaving the 100 leaf cost on that until some better title scroll comes along, but everything else is just crazily over-priced. I bartered 100 leaves not so long ago for a crate of scholar mats. There were only 8 parchments inside the box. I almost rage quit lol. I don't mind grind, or working for things when they are current, but Fangorn holds mostly old and dated items now.
    Monkeys are superior to man in this . . . . When a monkey looks in a mirror, he sees a monkey.
    Edited, because some folk just can't do wordplay.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Australia.
    Posts
    768
    Quote Originally Posted by Lunasa View Post
    Once you unlock the crafting instances, you can get 9 "Fangorn Leaves" bundles per day from those quests. Each bundle contains 3-15 actual leaves, which gives you a minimum of 27 leaves per day for 20 minutes or less (in reality it is closer to 40, it takes me 3 days to get a new LI title scroll just by running the crafting instances).

    The only useful rewards are: LI scrolls and cosmetic pets. The 3 day effort per scroll looks fair to me. The cosmetic pets used to be ultra rare before they were even added to a barterer, so a higher price is also fair.
    Haha!

    Missed the point by a country mile!!!
    Mac OS player!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    M.A.
    Posts
    2,014
    Quote Originally Posted by Arnenna View Post
    Agreed, its very old content. The LI title scroll is still valuable, so I don't see any problem with them leaving the 100 leaf cost on that until some better title scroll comes along, but everything else is just crazily over-priced. I bartered 100 leaves not so long ago for a crate of scholar mats. There were only 8 parchments inside the box. I almost rage quit lol. I don't mind grind, or working for things when they are current, but Fangorn holds mostly old and dated items now.
    The issue with the LI titles is that they're also available from doing two (or three maybe) T2C bosses. This makes them extremely easy to get for raiders (who most likely already have them, or don't need them since they're pretty much worthless on anything but agility classes that easily cap crit) and much, much harder for casual players to come across. I honestly think the price on them should be between 30 and 50 leaves max.
    Tarahimal of the King's Own, Rank 13 Champion of Landroval.
    ~2,000 rating record in Mines of Moria~
    New, older, and improved.


  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    1,199
    Quote Originally Posted by Stigger32 View Post
    Haha!

    Missed the point by a country mile!!!
    Which point exactly did I miss?

    I replied to a single line, because from my experience many players do not realize that the crafting instances are a good way to grind these leaves. I will be glad if it helps even a single person.

    Regarding the actual price of the barter items, I do feel that it is too early to reduce the prices, because the items are either still relevant or so outdated that no player would need them. Unless that player is using the xp disabler and wants to stay at lvl95 for a longer period to experience the game "as it was". Then he should see the grind "as it was" as well. I follow this route on my alts and recently did the Wildermore reputation and deed grind with my lvl85 hunter, for example. The ultra simplified Hytbold does upset me personally.

    We all have our own opinions, aren't we? I am only sharing mine.
    Ishtarien - Captain
    Ishtari - Rune Keeper / Ishtarel - Hunter / Lunasa - Minstrel
    Ishtaridas - LRM 105 / Ishti - BRG 105 / Cabernetta - GRD 105 / Merlotta - CHP 105 / Medovinus - BRN 105
    The Mellowship || Eldar -> Evernight

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Wales, United Kingdom
    Posts
    7,923
    Quote Originally Posted by RANA01340 View Post
    The issue with the LI titles is that they're also available from doing two (or three maybe) T2C bosses. This makes them extremely easy to get for raiders (who most likely already have them, or don't need them since they're pretty much worthless on anything but agility classes that easily cap crit) and much, much harder for casual players to come across. I honestly think the price on them should be between 30 and 50 leaves max.
    I'd have thought that's all the more reason to leave those priced as they are currently. Even if a casual player only does the quests in the area with no repeatables, they can get the LI title. I really like it when the game provides alternative avenues to gear, but I do believe that easier routes should take longer.
    Monkeys are superior to man in this . . . . When a monkey looks in a mirror, he sees a monkey.
    Edited, because some folk just can't do wordplay.

  9. #9
    they actually did reduce the grind on this. you can do many more of the daily quest than you could before. it used to take a really long time to get enough leaves. now the resources instances are very fast to run if you are at level cap. just doing those gets plenty of leaves with little effort. i did just that recently for an alt i was building a LI for. though i won't complain if they lower the barter costs, I doubt they will make any further changes.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    M.A.
    Posts
    2,014
    Quote Originally Posted by Arnenna View Post
    I'd have thought that's all the more reason to leave those priced as they are currently. Even if a casual player only does the quests in the area with no repeatables, they can get the LI title. I really like it when the game provides alternative avenues to gear, but I do believe that easier routes should take longer.
    Nah. Not when the alternative title takes 40 minutes to get and is the better version for all classes but hunter/warden/burg. Keeping it priced like that just means that nobody'll go for it over the alternative, regardless of whether they're crit capped or not.
    Tarahimal of the King's Own, Rank 13 Champion of Landroval.
    ~2,000 rating record in Mines of Moria~
    New, older, and improved.


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,786
    Quote Originally Posted by Atrixzia View Post
    Please reduce the prices of the items in Fangorn. I have just done a few quests for the hurons around Isengard and they were fun with a reward of Fangorn leaves. When i checked to see what they could be bartered for i was amazed at the costs 70 leaves for a one use recipe with a small chance of a crited item. Some of the better items were 210 leaves and a requirement to be kindred. This is when the average reward for a quest seems to be 3 leaves thats a lot of quests to get 210 leaves.
    Entwood grind was ALREADY simplified some updates ago. At release the seed quest chain (Carnimírië/Lassemista/Orofarnë seeds) was playable only 1 quest at time, and with a timer for the next one. Now you can to play all the seed quests the same day.

    Sergio :-)
    Moved from Riddermark to Landroval on 2/10/1015!

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Olgomil View Post
    Entwood grind was ALREADY simplified some updates ago. At release the seed quest chain (Carnimírië/Lassemista/Orofarnë seeds) was playable only 1 quest at time, and with a timer for the next one. Now you can to play all the seed quests the same day.
    Sergio :-)
    I like collecting recipes. It takes 1750 Fangorn Leaves to buy all the Tailor recipes for my main. With the Huorn pets and Travel, that's 2885 Fangorn Leaves. Even with the quest simplification, doing all 3 resource dungeons, 5 Quieting quests and all 3 Seed dailies only gets a guaranteed 72 leaves per day, which takes me several hours to complete. That's 40 days of an insane grind to get my recipes and pets.

    The Fangorn Leaf prices need to be drastically reduced.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    4,213
    Quote Originally Posted by beorf View Post
    I like collecting recipes. It takes 1750 Fangorn Leaves to buy all the Tailor recipes for my main. With the Huorn pets and Travel, that's 2885 Fangorn Leaves. Even with the quest simplification, doing all 3 resource dungeons, 5 Quieting quests and all 3 Seed dailies only gets a guaranteed 72 leaves per day, which takes me several hours to complete. That's 40 days of an insane grind to get my recipes and pets.

    The Fangorn Leaf prices need to be drastically reduced.
    Indeed. Just like Hytbold is one single token per rebuild, anything over a year old needs to have the time taken to finish greatly reduced.
    I'm looking at you, flower frame.
    Bug battles promo points to make 2 skill points.
    Every blasted daily since forever to be forever repeatable.
    That's the sort of service we need in the old bits.
    Imagine MT dailies forever and getting enough scrolls for your LIs on fresh nub alts 105. Throw in rememberances and titles and star-lits and we're good. I'm thinking a week grind tops to get your LI to max

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Wales, United Kingdom
    Posts
    7,923
    Quote Originally Posted by Lunasa View Post
    Once you unlock the crafting instances, you can get 9 "Fangorn Leaves" bundles per day from those quests. Each bundle contains 3-15 actual leaves, which gives you a minimum of 27 leaves per day for 20 minutes or less (in reality it is closer to 40, it takes me 3 days to get a new LI title scroll just by running the crafting instances).

    The only useful rewards are: LI scrolls and cosmetic pets. The 3 day effort per scroll looks fair to me. The cosmetic pets used to be ultra rare before they were even added to a barterer, so a higher price is also fair.
    It's old content and old rewards. Nobody wants to run that content for ages for old rewards, nobody wants to run Wildermore now for level 85 second age symbols. The prices need to drop on those things. The LI title, fair enough, as that is still the best solo obtainable title in game at present.

    At the end of the day, what's best for the game, content that is a little more easy to grind out that players will actually still use, or dead content? Fangorn is a ghost forest, because the grind is still too large for the age of the content and the reward.
    Monkeys are superior to man in this . . . . When a monkey looks in a mirror, he sees a monkey.
    Edited, because some folk just can't do wordplay.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Arnenna View Post
    It's old content and old rewards. Nobody wants to run that content for ages for old rewards, nobody wants to run Wildermore now for level 85 second age symbols. The prices need to drop on those things. The LI title, fair enough, as that is still the best solo obtainable title in game at present.

    At the end of the day, what's best for the game, content that is a little more easy to grind out that players will actually still use, or dead content? Fangorn is a ghost forest, because the grind is still too large for the age of the content and the reward.
    I do want and i run them. As many more. Old content yes, but not old rewards.And Ages? is like 30 min per day at max lvl. Enchants are stil best in game and pets are like 600g each / and this is WTB/. By your logic Scrolls from MT and DA must be half price because content is old ? STOP THE ####Y WHINING and go farm it if you need it. Get sick of all this whinie both in game and in the forums.
    This is how MMOs works m8. No ofence.
    Cheers.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Wales, United Kingdom
    Posts
    7,923
    Quote Originally Posted by Pavlin View Post
    I do want and i run them. As many more. Old content yes, but not old rewards.And Ages? is like 30 min per day at max lvl. Enchants are stil best in game and pets are like 600g each / and this is WTB/. By your logic Scrolls from MT and DA must be half price because content is old ? STOP THE ####Y WHINING and go farm it if you need it. Get sick of all this whinie both in game and in the forums.
    This is how MMOs works m8. No ofence.
    Cheers.
    I don't need or want them, I've already done the grind, way back when the area was new and the grind was huge. I'd rather newer players not have to grind like crazy for older stuff though, as that is what makes areas like Fangorn and Wildermore - skipped and dead content.

    Please quit your swearing. If you mean no offense, don't give any. Make your point without it.
    Monkeys are superior to man in this . . . . When a monkey looks in a mirror, he sees a monkey.
    Edited, because some folk just can't do wordplay.

  17. #17
    I have run fangorn and wildermore, but only to get certain pieces of gear to use as a cosmetic, other than that I don't see too much reason to run that content.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Arnenna View Post
    I don't need or want them, I've already done the grind, way back when the area was new and the grind was huge. I'd rather newer players not have to grind like crazy for older stuff though, as that is what makes areas like Fangorn and Wildermore - skipped and dead content.

    Please quit your swearing. If you mean no offense, don't give any. Make your point without it.

    The stuff you get from Fangorn vendor are far from outdated. Why SSG should lover the prices? You do the grind and what ? Newer players DONT grind. They do leveling here and got rewarded for it. Both in Fangorn and Wildermoor.

    Outside leveling you go for both area for some cosmetics and pets which is nice. No matter if you plan to keep or sell them. Its a good way to make profit. For ppl who just want to farm quietly away from regular feeding frenzy farm places.

    For you you are just a lazy person. Thats all.
    Cheers

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Gallifrey. I need a Jelly Baby.
    Posts
    19,506
    I agree with this. I have a character over in that area, and I was thinking about this also. It's older content, so yeah, I see nothing wrong with cutting back the required amount of leaves.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"
    Continuing the never ending battle to keep Lobelia Sackville-Baggins in check

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    M.A.
    Posts
    2,014
    Quote Originally Posted by Pavlin View Post
    The stuff you get from Fangorn vendor are far from outdated. Why SSG should lover the prices? You do the grind and what ? Newer players DONT grind. They do leveling here and got rewarded for it. Both in Fangorn and Wildermoor.

    Outside leveling you go for both area for some cosmetics and pets which is nice. No matter if you plan to keep or sell them. Its a good way to make profit. For ppl who just want to farm quietly away from regular feeding frenzy farm places.

    For you you are just a lazy person. Thats all.
    Cheers
    G-good way to make profit?

    You realize you can make roughly 3000g an hour in lotro, right?

    Also, games devalue and make old content more accessible. LOTRO is one of the few games that's just bad at that. Pets, sure, I could see keeping those as a high-priced achievement. But everything else is pointless at its current price, unless you're a cosmetic/random item hoarder.
    Tarahimal of the King's Own, Rank 13 Champion of Landroval.
    ~2,000 rating record in Mines of Moria~
    New, older, and improved.


  21. #21
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Wales, United Kingdom
    Posts
    7,923
    Quote Originally Posted by Pavlin View Post
    The stuff you get from Fangorn vendor are far from outdated. Why SSG should lover the prices? You do the grind and what ? Newer players DONT grind. They do leveling here and got rewarded for it. Both in Fangorn and Wildermoor.

    Outside leveling you go for both area for some cosmetics and pets which is nice. No matter if you plan to keep or sell them. Its a good way to make profit. For ppl who just want to farm quietly away from regular feeding frenzy farm places.

    For you you are just a lazy person. Thats all.
    Cheers
    I'm not lazy lol, I don't need anything from Fangorn, I've already farmed it a long time ago, when the grind up there is far, far worse than it is now. If I want to make gold, Fangorn is the last place I'd go, there are far more efficient ways.

    It's about consistency. Take Hytbold as an example. Hytbold is really easy now compared to its grind originally, but guess what, we actually see a few players there now, whereas when that became older content, when HD released, without any grind reduction, it was a dead zone.

    Just because you wish to farm a dead forest all by your lonesome, doesn't mean all other players do. That's all.
    Monkeys are superior to man in this . . . . When a monkey looks in a mirror, he sees a monkey.
    Edited, because some folk just can't do wordplay.

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload