We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    2,004

    First time at Host of the West

    I recently hit 105 and haven't properly made my way to the Host of the West camp yet, but through getting summoned to RT raids in the wastes I found myself there.

    I have to say it's extremely overwhelming looking at all the barter options. This may be a function of my character only just starting east Gondor quests (haven't done anything past that), but as I go through all the barter NPC's it's thoroughly confusing.

    One thing that might help, I think, would be to organize the barter NPC's by class. In the old days you would have class barterers outside of the Rift, or in the Moors, and it made it much easier to sort through the options that are relevant for you. Obviously there would be additional barter NPC's for things like jewelry.

    Forgive my ignorance as I'm new to 105, but I left the Host of the West camp with a headache trying to go through the huge number of options and permutations for everything you can barter.
    Erendil 50 Hunter Rank 7, Mavellen 45 Warden; Officers of Disciples
    Ragaroth Warleader Rank 7, Marhawk Stalker Rank 5; Members of Cuddle Squad
    Other Characters: Arthilius - Captain, Arthilias - Guardian,
    Claireth - Runekeeper, Harbuckle - Burglar, Lothlirien - Hunter

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Wales, United Kingdom
    Posts
    7,702
    Host of the West is a grind and then some. Good news is though, is by the time you quest through N Ithilien and the Wastes, you will have made a big dent in it by the time you get to bartering. My advice is to begin crafting host of the west items on all your available crafters right away - every day. You will rely quite heavily on these crafted items to gather reputation for the three barter factions.
    Also, depending on what you intend doing with your character at this point, you may not even need any of the items at Host of the West. You certainly do not need them if your intention is to just do the quests and then move onto Mordor which is coming soon.
    Monkeys are superior to man in this . . . . When a monkey looks in a mirror, he sees a monkey.
    Edited, because some folk just can't do wordplay.

  3. #3
    They literally have will, agi and might... Nothing confusing about that.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    My Coop
    Posts
    556
    Quote Originally Posted by Arnenna View Post
    Host of the West is a grind and then some.

    Also, depending on what you intend doing with your character at this point, you may not even need any of the items at Host of the West. You certainly do not need them if your intention is to just do the quests and then move onto Mordor which is coming soon.
    I am finishing up NI and was wondering whether the QP for The Wastes is a 'waste' of points if I plan to do as you state above - do quests and move on.

    Yeah I've picked a few flowers on the way to the Host of the West camp, but my patience is already wearing thin on that grind. I'm not into this game for the latest greatest stuff, just an entertaining journey is good enough for me. I'll finish the Epic line and get that trait point but is there anything else in The Wastes that is a must have?
    "Never argue with a fool, it's difficult to tell the difference"

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,871
    Quote Originally Posted by Maximilan View Post
    Yeah I've picked a few flowers on the way to the Host of the West camp, but my patience is already wearing thin on that grind. I'm not into this game for the latest greatest stuff, just an entertaining journey is good enough for me. I'll finish the Epic line and get that trait point but is there anything else in The Wastes that is a must have?
    No. Only a lot of "want to" haves and we will see if those transform to "should better have" with the next updates. A few virtues that are easier to get than elsewhere. The return to skills might be nice, who knows how travel in Mordor will evolve.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Wales, United Kingdom
    Posts
    7,702
    Quote Originally Posted by Maximilan View Post
    I am finishing up NI and was wondering whether the QP for The Wastes is a 'waste' of points if I plan to do as you state above - do quests and move on.

    Yeah I've picked a few flowers on the way to the Host of the West camp, but my patience is already wearing thin on that grind. I'm not into this game for the latest greatest stuff, just an entertaining journey is good enough for me. I'll finish the Epic line and get that trait point but is there anything else in The Wastes that is a must have?
    It's a nice area storywise, even outside of the epic so it's worth it if you enjoy that side of things. There is some very nice gold offhands, shields and jewels, but honestly, if you're managing ok with the gear you already have, and only intend wandering through, then no, you don't need that kind of power on your gear. Even if you did want to pick some of it up, a lot of reputation (the three gear factions) can be earned via collecting mats, flowers to barter for journals and then crafting your rep to barter for the goods. Your Host of the West rep (the main one) can be continued via doing N Ithilien daily herbalist quests - which you will have access to.
    Monkeys are superior to man in this . . . . When a monkey looks in a mirror, he sees a monkey.
    Edited, because some folk just can't do wordplay.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    My Coop
    Posts
    556
    Quote Originally Posted by thinx View Post
    The return to skills might be nice, who knows how travel in Mordor will evolve.
    Yeah I was thinking about that too, good chance access in/out of Mordor will be limited.

    Quote Originally Posted by Arnenna View Post
    It's a nice area storywise, even outside of the epic so it's worth it if you enjoy that side of things.
    I do enjoy the that part so I'll ride through after getting rep with the Host and see. I generally stay about one region behind the crowd anyway!


    Thanks y'all for the responses!
    "Never argue with a fool, it's difficult to tell the difference"

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload