We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

What Relics Are you Using?

I'm curious what relics other hunters are using. It looks to me like the choice is between T10 relics or Westemnet (seems to be the highest you can go). Are you guys using the Westemnet ones, T10, or a mix of both?

Appreciate the insight!
    Erendil 50 Hunter Rank 7, Mavellen 45 Warden; Officers of Disciples
    Ragaroth Warleader Rank 7, Marhawk Stalker Rank 5; Members of Cuddle Squad
    Other Characters: Arthilius - Captain, Arthilias - Guardian,
    Claireth - Runekeeper, Harbuckle - Burglar, Lothlirien - Hunter

In my opinion, sure fire choices would be:

Gem - true gem of the rising moon
    Rune - true rune of the white mountains
    crafted - westemnet device of accuracy

Setting is debatable, some people like true setting of the three hunters, but im not sure how really effective devastate magnitude really is, some guy did test for champ and found it it increases dps for 0.3% iirc. I will use true setting of the north when i get my hunter ready, prefer to have little more morale and incoming healing.
    Last edited by Ludiklovn; Jun 19 2017 at 07:06 AM. Reason: playing too much might classes

My 105 Hunter is using these on both LIs: True Setting of the Three Hunters, True Gem of the Rising Moon, True Rune of the White Mountains, and Westemnet Device of Accuracy.
    Yes, I know it's a Squirrel: they don't have a Hedgehog.

Quote Originally Posted by Ludiklovn View Post
    Setting is debatable, some people like true setting of the three hunters, but im not sure how really effective devastate magnitude really is, some guy did test for champ and found it it increases dps for 0.3% iirc. I will use true setting of the north when i get my hunter ready, prefer to have little more morale and incoming healing.
    If you saw someone test on champ with dev.magnitude than it isnt valid.
    If champ devastated hit, it is mostly lower than champ critical hit.
    0,3% boost in dps isnt valid aswell bc of reason above.
    With new patch, i m not sure if champ got this fixed....

But hunter is different class.
    Many pve hunters with devs.magnitude relics
    But for pvp sure go for "morale + crit + incoming healing" setting relics.
    Note: crit.chance bug in moors = you wont devastated hit much time !
    "To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supereme excellence.
    Supreme excellence consist in breaking enemys resitance without fighting" Sun Tzu - the Art of War.

Quote Originally Posted by Elgrind View Post
    If you saw someone test on champ with dev.magnitude than it isnt valid.
    IIRC this test was conducted so poorly that it was debunked. Personally, in the Moors in particular where burst damage is key, not sustained DPS, it's well worth having.

Adding to this, I don't know of any Devastates that hit lower than their equivalent critical hit on Hunter, so yes it's worth it. (Even if that wasn't the case, it's still more dev mag than you would have had).
    #15skills

I was wrong then. Guess you really shouldnt believe everything you see

15% devastate magnitude is around .8% damage increase mathematically.

Given 40% crit in a raid, we get around .5x + .4x (1.5+.63+.31) + .1x (2+.63+.31) = 1.77x where x is the damage without any crits/devastates. (.63 is the legacy for crit multi, which seems to be working for devs as well, or else the values dont add up, 1.5 is standard crit value, 2 is standard devastate value und .31 is additional crit multiplier from around crit cap) Doing the same calculations with an additional .15 dev magnitude we get 1.785x with both relics, which is a .85% increase in damage.

Damage increase is pretty small, but there is not much else one could equip as a setting, especially no other direct damage increases that could be better.