We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: Roving threats

Roving threats

I am new to the game. lvl 37. I seen with the last update an announcement stating new :roving threats:
    My question is..Why don't players band together to kill these creatures?
    When I proposed this question with my kin I was told you would get quests at certain levels to attack these RARES.
    Well the ones I come across have power levels as high as one million. We have a lot of kin at level 105 and I seen one get smacked down with one swipe.
    So my conclusion from seeing that is, A fellowship of nothing but level 105 would still have trouble killing a Roving threat.

My son told me in other MMO games they would put the word out and 20 or 30 players would arrive and attack the Rare. That answer made sense to me, so I have suggested it in world chat but I don't get any reaction.

Thanks for any guidance I may receive.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultrid View Post
    I am new to the game. lvl 37. I seen with the last update an announcement stating new :roving threats:
    My question is..Why don't players band together to kill these creatures?
    When I proposed this question with my kin I was told you would get quests at certain levels to attack these RARES.
    Well the ones I come across have power levels as high as one million. We have a lot of kin at level 105 and I seen one get smacked down with one swipe.
    So my conclusion from seeing that is, A fellowship of nothing but level 105 would still have trouble killing a Roving threat.

My son told me in other MMO games they would put the word out and 20 or 30 players would arrive and attack the Rare. That answer made sense to me, so I have suggested it in world chat but I don't get any reaction.

Thanks for any guidance I may receive.
    Roving Threats was added to the game with Update 15 (last update was U20), when the level cap was 100 (only characters level 100 or more can to get the quests for to kill the creatures and to get rewards, mainly gift-giver brands, a special currency).

Normally people group for to kill RT.

http://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Roving_Threats

A few RT are hard for the damage reflection, but normally a group of level 100/105 have no problem killing it.

Sergio :-)
    Moved from Riddermark to Landroval on 2/10/1015!

Roving Threats was added to the game with Update 15 (last update was U20), when the level cap was 100 (only characters level 100 or more can to get the quests for to kill the creatures and to get rewards, mainly gift-giver brands, a special currency).

Normally people group for to kill RT.

http://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Roving_Threats

A few RT are hard for the damage reflection, but normally a group of level 100/105 have no problem killing it.

Sergio :-)

Thanks for the reply and the link Sergio"

Most players who have been online since Roving Threats came out have what they need from them. Unless they have alts that need the barter items the interest is rather low. Unless SSG updates the barter item list to be current with where end game currently is most don't have the interest.

Some are soloable with my guardian 105 and I finished them full moral!^^

Quote Originally Posted by Ultrid View Post
    I must have been around then, and somehow missed them (way too low level to take one on). But right after a break it was a bit of a shock to check a rare before killing it (because I was in a lower area for hides and a slayer grind) and see not only level: 105 but the mook/elite/boss trait to be maxed at "personal thane of Morgoth". I stayed far away.
    In a hole there lived a wumpus...

In the cupboard under the stairs. (or is it under the stalls?)
    What's all the ruckus about Roving Threads?
    Heck, just get a pair of scissors and snip the darn thin....Oh, it says Roving Threats....never mind.

The real Boraxxe... wearing his "Get off my lawn!" face
    This has to end. I do not play LOTRO because I want to gamble. I play LOTRO because I like the game.
    Buying keys is not playing the game.