We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Anorien Iron-Bound Lootboxes

Did the drop rate for these boxes suddenly increase lately? I've only been playing with 100+ level toons recently so those are the only type I've seen.

I've gotten more boxes lately than ever before AND I've noticed the AH prices (Landroval) have plummeted to buyouts of 2g for a box. There are 5 pages of them for sale! With the cost of keys running 50g on the AH I'll end up trashing these lootboxes! I've never gotten anything remotely worth 50g from a box, maybe I've just been unlucky.

I guess SSG thought if they pumped up the # of lootboxes they'd sell more keys through the store ....... just another version of a lottery IMO.
    "Never argue with a fool, it's difficult to tell the difference"

he rate of loot box's went up with last update. I seen another thread stating the rate was increased to get more players to buy steel keys from the online store.

The rate of loot box's went up with last update. I seen another thread stating the rate was increased to get more players to buy steel keys from the online store.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultrid View Post
    The rate of loot box's went up with last update. I seen another thread stating the rate was increased to get more players to buy steel keys from the online store.
    Thanks!

There was recently a period of time that was advertised as having an increased Lootbox drop rate. A large amount of these items were certainly generated during that time. I imagine the drop rate has now returned to normal levels. The price drop is probably part over supply and part panic selling.

If SSG really wants to sell more keys, they need to start putting something decent in the loot boxes, particularly the Anorien ones. New, exclusive cosmetic or housing items, a better chance at the mount box, the best essences for the Anorien box, something. I bought keys once, never again. The chance of something good is in no way equal to the expenditure. If I have found some keys, I open boxes. If I don't, I sell.
    Landroval-Alphriel (Champion/101), Talya (Guardian/79), Cilarien (Champion/53), Tilluin (Minstrel/53), Morrollan (Captain/43), Nimthiel (Hunter/44), Mellanduil (Warden/38), Lanfric (LM/22) Laurelin-Lilleduil (LM/105), Eirallyn (Warden/105), Faelarin (Minstrel/79), Cattigus (Burglar/44), Celebhair (Hunter/78), Sithora (Beorning/32)

Quote Originally Posted by Dolamrothdame View Post
    If SSG really wants to sell more keys, they need to start putting something decent in the loot boxes, particularly the Anorien ones. New, exclusive cosmetic or housing items, a better chance at the mount box, the best essences for the Anorien box, something. I bought keys once, never again. The chance of something good is in no way equal to the expenditure. If I have found some keys, I open boxes. If I don't, I sell.
    Exactly. Players get wise to these little scams.
    105s: Aedfrith (HN), Aldnoth (CP), Brai (RK), Hrolfdan (MN), Aeldfryd (WD), Morriarty (CH), Aednoth (LM), Mishhar (BR), Hraldan (GR), Rummbold (BG). Tinies - Rumbelina (MN), Aenghus (CP)
    Rangers of Eriador (officer), ex-Snowbourn now Laurelin - A Noob for All Seasons

I *think* the box drop rate was increased for the extended anniversary festival, which will finally wrap up next month I believe, so I would expect drop rates to go back down at that point.

Duh .... read the event calendar. Yes, the drop rate for lootboxes is increased!

Lootbox Weekend 6/22/17@10am 6/26/17@3am

https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...vents-Schedule
    Bill Magill Mac Player Founder/Lifetimer
    Old Timers Guild - Gladden
    Sr. Editor LOTRO-Wiki.com

Val - Man Minstrel (91)
    Valalin - Dwarf Minsrel (71)
    Valamar - Dwarf Hunter (105)
    Valdicta - Dwarf RK (105)
    Valhad - Elf LM (66)
    Valkeeper - Elf RK (87)
    Valwood - Dwarf RK (81)

Valhunt - Dwarf Hunter (71)
    Valanne - Beorning (105)
    Ninth - Man Warden (66)

"Laid back, not so serious, no drama.
    All about the fun!"

Quote Originally Posted by Valamar View Post
    Duh .... read the event calendar. Yes, the drop rate for lootboxes is increased!

https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...vents-Schedule
    Duh... as far as I can see the 22nd of June hasn't arrived yet.
    Dobb - Hobbit Burglar
    Thar - Dwarf Guardian
    [DE-RP]Belegaer
    R.I.P [DE]Anduin
    Visit my YouTube-Channel!

Quote Originally Posted by Ultrid View Post
    The rate of loot box's went up with last update.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mercho View Post
    There was recently a period of time that was advertised as having an increased Lootbox drop rate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vilan View Post
    I *think* the box drop rate was increased for the extended anniversary festival, which will finally wrap up next month I believe, so I would expect drop rates to go back down at that point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valamar View Post

Okay there seems to be a consensus that the drop rate has/is/will increase, but a bit of a discrepancy on when or why. Since it is only 6/20 today, the 'Lootbox Weekend' is not what I'm referring too! I've been picking up a box nearly everyday for the past couple weeks (since last update) and I don't play that much.

Oh well I'll just keep posting them on the AH. It doesn't really matter when it started or when it ends to me, I was just curious if the drop rate changed. At least I did get nearly 5g from the last one I sold!

The anniversary event did have an extended lootbox event, which caused a lot more lootboxes to be available lately. 'We're having a Lootbox Celebration! Lootboxes are boosted through May 8th!' from https://www.lotro.com/en/game/articl...beacon-issue-8

I do not think that they have kept the drop rates high, but there is another increased rate this weekend. I think that since the last update people are defeating more signature or more difficult mobs, which I believe have a higher chance of dropping lootboxes.

Either way, lootboxes are cheaper and more available due to the increase drop rate events lately, and the fact that stat tomes, solvents, mithril coins, and crystals are about the only useful things that drop from them, and they are rare.