We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

warg's element of surprise

I get the feeling that no one reads the creep sub-forum so I'm posting it here.

Is "element of surprise" worth traiting? I ask this because the description of shadow stance says maul, claws "function as they do from stealth". But I don't know for sure if the effects of the trait actually carries into combat.

Quote Originally Posted by wretchesandkings View Post

Is "element of surprise" worth traiting? I ask this because the description of shadow stance says maul, claws "function as they do from stealth". But I don't know for sure if the effects of the trait actually carries into combat.
    Yes. 100% crit on claws.
    Eredor-Champion, Ereworn-Minstrel, Ereshorn-Runekeeper, Eresworn-Hunter, Eremourn-Burglar, Erehorn-Captain, Erelorn-Warden, Eretorn-Lore-Master, Erescorn-Guardian... And Erecorn-Master Farmer

The tooltip says that a bunch of skills are auto-crit from stealth. What it doesn't say is those skills also auto-crit when not stealthed using the shadow stance. It's basically a mandatory trait.
    Team Milt.

Quote Originally Posted by DrRabbitfoot View Post
    The tooltip says that a bunch of skills are auto-crit from stealth. What it doesn't say is those skills also auto-crit when not stealthed using the shadow stance. It's basically a mandatory trait.
    In shadow stance it says maul, claws, and pounce always function as if from stealth, thus the auto-crit effect being bestowed on them. Also worth noting that Pounce is bugged- it's not Sudden Pounce when out of stealth, and it should be. It can be BPEd.
    ~Rank 11 Loremaster, Arkenstone~

~Rank 13 Warg, Arkenstone~

where does it say these skills auto crit from stealth? the trait says +20% crit chance attacking from stealth and shadow stance and skill doesn't say this either. i've had pounce not critting even attacking from stealth.

where does it say these skills auto crit from stealth? the trait says +20% crit chance attacking from stealth and shadow stance and skill doesn't say this either. i've had pounce not critting even attacking from stealth.
    It doesn't. Shadow stance says that maul and claws have an enhanced crit chance, and Element of Surprise adds an additional 20% crit chance on top of that. Pounce has a 50% chance to crit from stealth with 3 crit slotted, Maul has around 90%, Claws 100%.

Congratulations on rolling a Warg, they're difficult to play just like Hunters and Burgs and you'll probably struggle to rank up due to how difficult it is

Yes, you need Element of Surprise if you want broken DPS levels. Prior to posting things like this though, have you considered testing on the dummies in Grams? You'd have found your answer in as little as 20 seconds.
    #15skills

Quote Originally Posted by Ethrildar View Post
    Congratulations on rolling a Warg, they're difficult to play just like Hunters and Burgs and you'll probably struggle to rank up due to how difficult it is

Yes, you need Element of Surprise if you want broken DPS levels. Prior to posting things like this though, have you considered testing on the dummies in Grams? You'd have found your answer in as little as 20 seconds.
    Skill floor with Warg is low, skill ceiling is higher than any other Creep class other than possibly reaver. It's a fun class, and you don't get zerged 24/7. My suggestion to the OP would be to put careful though into what skill priority should be.

what else am i suppose to roll? i already have reaver ba and defiler at high ranks so the choice is spider or warg and i rather not torture myself ranking another healer. and since i can't really get anything conclusive without combat analysis so yeah..i asked here.

Quote Originally Posted by Spilo View Post
    Skill floor with Warg is low, skill ceiling is higher than any other Creep class other than possibly reaver. It's a fun class, and you don't get zerged 24/7. My suggestion to the OP would be to put careful though into what skill priority should be.
    I agree completely tbh. Primarily due to the need for positional, if movement isn't ok your DPS suffers tremendously. Sad to see yet another Warg soon to be 7v1'ing me in the Moors though, as of the creation of this thread. I look forward to selecting it and watching it hips out instantaneously
    #15skills

Yes, you need Element of Surprise if you want broken DPS levels.
    Seriously, have you no shame?
    Team Milt.

I agree completely tbh. Primarily due to the need for positional, if movement isn't ok your DPS suffers tremendously. Sad to see yet another Warg soon to be 7v1'ing me in the Moors though, as of the creation of this thread. I look forward to selecting it and watching it hips out instantaneously
    You're gonna have to come to crick then. Or fight my ba on ark assuming you are there. Btw, I don't even know who you are, all I can tell is that you're one of the big mouths on the forum.