We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

The LOTRO Beacon: Issue #14

Thank you for reading the LOTRO Beacon! Don't forget to reply below to the Weekly Comment for your chance to win 500 LOTRO Points. We'll select a random winner after Noon Eastern on Thursday, June 15th. Good luck!
    Community Manager, Lord of the Rings Online
    Follow LOTRO on: Twitter - Facebook - Google+ - Pinterest - Twitch - YouTube
    Find Cordovan on: Twitter Instagram
    Support: help.standingstonegames.com
    coolcool

What modern convenience would your favorite character most desire?

The web!

A GPS
    Duskdancer, warg: If found please return to Gwairin, lvl 85 hunter in Evernight

2 Waterbank Road, Eryn Lelryn, Falathlorn Homesteads
    Delousing powder. Goodness knows my elves are apparently infested with them, as often as they're scratching themselves as they stand around waiting.
    Tolella Hlothran ~ Minstrel ~ 115
    Crickhollow
    Officer ~ Phoenix Rising

a modern bank where you actually can send money towards other pple in mails or trades as a free to play.

A refrigerator/freezer

A Motorcycle
    Landroval: Pierceya, Wislak, Goodeva, Novat

A jetpack.

Google Maps

Exclamation

A laptop to play LOTRO.

~ Check my Kinship at Gladden server: The Fate of Middle Earth ~

A cellphone so he wouldn't have to ride back and forth just to "speak to" so and so.
    Iaralor | Riddorra | Cirnordar | Thransi | Fanion | Tarro | Otleif | Mallelleth

My Dwarf NEEDS a saxophone!!

As someone who had to heal many people after the Pelennor Fields, I could see Aragorn wanting modern medicine to help save and recover as many people as possible, as fast as possible. Even the Black Breath is nothing compared to disinfectant.

As for my own personal character, I roleplay my hobbit, Clarance Tarrins, as someone haunted. As a participant in the Siege of Gondamon, he suffers from guilt, PTSD, and being kicked out of his family when he finally managed to return home. Though his situation improves thanks to an interest in studying the history of the Elves, he's never going to completely heal without enough people to talk to. A modern day therapist who would help Clarance improve would be a massive boon to him and his psyche.

A microwave. It'd save hours of cooking for those hobbits and all those meals they love so much.

Well, we got a lot of nearly modern things, like mobile phones for VIP (which is what I call the mailbox which can be accessed anywhere) or fast trains (ok, stable horses with swift travel) or a navigational device (mini-map), a cinema (erm, session-play), internet purchase (auction house), ... So I can't think of anything which isn't there in one form or another. Ok, maybe planes, but then again you have milestones for everyone and port points for hunters and wardens. Cities even have a sewers system, at least Gondorian big cities, that is.

The only thing that comes to mind that would be really handy is a pencil for the map and quest log to take notes. This is something I really miss sometimes.
    There's something good in this world, and it is worth fighting for.

Cool

I think Gandalf would want a torch lighter for his pipes. Much easier than matches.
    Fasgund - Minstrel - Crickhollow - Heroes of the Fallen

Mobile banking... so much.

What modern convenience would your favorite character most desire? A weed wacker, cause gotta help the farm!
    Pontin Level 115 Hobbit Burglar Kinship Second Breakfast Crickhollow Server. Staff member of the Lord of the Rings Discord Server, and Owner of Middle-Earth Lore discord.
    Alts: Legoan Elf Hunter, Belladonea Hobbit Minstrel, Unnari Dwarf Guardian, Jorunn Man Captain, Sallyberry Hobbit Warden. Laurelin Server, Edwell Man Hunter.

Here's some of my Screenshots Throughout Middle Earth. Also can follow me on Twitter for Adventures in Middle Earth and more!

An FV4034 Challenger 2 main battle tank.
    105s: Aedfrith (HN), Aldnoth (CP), Brai (RK), Hrolfdan (MN), Aeldfryd (WD), Morriarty (CH), Aednoth (LM), Mishhar (BR), Hraldan (GR), Rummbold (BG). Tinies - Rumbelina (MN), Aenghus (CP)
    Rangers of Eriador (officer), ex-Snowbourn now Laurelin - A Noob for All Seasons

A tin of breath mints. It would be great to constantly make people wonder "what the heck is that Captain eating all the time?"

Also, good breath is always good.

Maybe not actually modern but a boat I could actually use.

A mobile phone to call Gandalf, for I most desire to speak with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Ioralor View Post

A cellphone so he wouldn't have to ride back and forth just to "speak to" so and so.
    Beat me to it. I'm going to vote for Ioralor to win the points this week for this genius.

Just think of how many quests would be cut to mere seconds! Go tell this guy something for me. (done) Go back to that first guy and tell him thanks for me. (done) Thanks for your help, hero! Now wash my dishes. Okay...so the cell phone wouldn't help with the domestic servitude quests...but still.

Hey, how about a dishwasher?
    "Not all those who wander are lost." -Tolkien
    "No matter where you go, there you are." -Confucius

A Phased plasma rifle in the 40-watt range.
    Member of the Vocal Minority

[re: to others above: We already have cell phones to "go tell so-n-so"... They're just on a Pay-As-You-Go plan, 1 MC per call. ]

I'd like a little augment for my warhorse....

Brandy: Cupcakes of Doom.
    Landro: Trueheart Companions.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast