We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1

    Internal store browser doesn't work either

    Supposedly they fixed the internal browser to access the store, but now that I need it, it doesn't work. The window pops up, but nothing else happens. The black window just sits there. And trying to use /bug to report a problem does the same thing. Blank window frame, no content, no change.

    As of right now, only VIP can finish the year 9 tales quest because the required skirmish is pay-for-access and you can't pay for it.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,785
    Quote Originally Posted by Jargonaut View Post
    Supposedly they fixed the internal browser to access the store, but now that I need it, it doesn't work. The window pops up, but nothing else happens. The black window just sits there. And trying to use /bug to report a problem does the same thing. Blank window frame, no content, no change.
    Which is your operating system?

    Sergio :-)
    Moved from Riddermark to Landroval on 2/10/1015!

  3. #3
    Windows 7, two different machines, one running Home Premium, and one running Pro. Both are unable to access the store. This is from a direct install, I'm not using STEAM as some people are.

  4. #4
    Well, I installed the fix for XP/Vista systems and it can now load the store in an external browser like before the 'fix'. This is good enough for now, if a bit clunky. Going forward I hope they ACTUALLY fix it before claiming they have fixed it...

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    250

    LOTRO Store Black Screens

    The internal store is a blank, black screen, no matter how I launch it, and regardless how long I wait. The built-in "external store" also is blank when I set the option under UI to use the external store (I expected LOTRO to launch my default browser, which works fine, but instead it just launches a different internal browser which is also broken). When I tried to submit a bug with /bug, that screen is blank too. I assume that's because /bug uses the same internal browser, which is bugged.

    My OS is Win7 x64 with all patches up to date. Opera is my default browser. I tried setting IE to my default browser but that did not change anything.

    I followed this link to revert the behavior to the working work-around before last patch 20.1.2.
    https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...ssues-Solution

    The store is still broken. Could y'all fix it?
    No action can be virtuous unless it is freely chosen.
    -- Murray N. Rothbard

    LOTRO Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com/hc/en-us

  6. #6
    Just tested a few mins ago and yes, I still encountering the same LotRO store problem: blank screen in-game, doesn't show in external browser, in-game ticketing shows a blank window.

    Are you using the Steam client by any chance? I'm also on Windows 7 and used Opera, Firefox, IE to test the external browser but there's nothing.

    UPDATE:

    Okay, since I had nothing to lose, I ventured and use this solution even if I was on Windows 7 and I was using the Steam Client: https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...ssues-Solution

    1. I copied lotroclient_awesomium and TurbineLauncher.exe.config from the link.
    2. Went to ProgramFiles/Steam/SteamApps/common/Lord of the Rings Online
    3. Pasted lotroclient_awesomium and TurbineLauncher.exe.config into this folder.

    The solution will take out the option to show the Store in-game and will show the Store in an external browser by default.
    Last edited by rivenweye; Jun 14 2017 at 08:08 PM.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    250
    Quote Originally Posted by rivenweye View Post
    Are you using the Steam client by any chance? I'm also on Windows 7 and used Opera, Firefox, IE to test the external browser but there's nothing.
    No, I'm not using Steam for LOTRO. I installed with the downloader from lotro.com, so I guess we would call it the direct download version.
    No action can be virtuous unless it is freely chosen.
    -- Murray N. Rothbard

    LOTRO Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com/hc/en-us

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    L.A.
    Posts
    413
    i aint have black screens but 2 days ago i tried to buy something n i got n error message
    since then i havent tried again
    seams there is a big problem with the store
    10 years lotro enthousiast, Loyal member of the Spartans Kinship, now in Evernight imigrants from Eldar

  9. #9

    Still Can't Access the LOTRO store!!!

    It's been over a month, and I haven't been able to get anything to open the LOTRO store. It is a black screen like these other folks, including a black screen for the help/bug section. It's really getting on my nerves! I WANT MY FREEBIES!!!!!!!!! Also, I wanted to buy a couple of things, but, ofc, can't!!

    I also have Windows 7 pro, 64 bit. My browser is Chrome. Some ppl in world chat suggested that Chrome may be out of date, so I updated it, but still cannot access any of these (which includes store when in char slot, and opening in browser instead of game). Also, this problem started when they took the exterior store away and put back the ingame store, then POOF!!! and I couldn't use the store anymore! Also, I have tried clicking both boxes in UI to choose inside/outside store, if I wasn't clear about that attempt as well.

    I tried the patch for the Vista users, and ofc, it didn't work for me, since this isn't Vista, I gather.

    Why oh why haven't you guys fixed this yet Standing Stone? Before you continue making new content, you need to get your house in order and fix these bugs!! Then move on to content!.

  10. #10
    Yeah, I've decided to stop my subscription because of this. For those of us who have been having this problem for the past month, maybe we're just too small a population for SSG to bother with. They haven't acknowledged that this is a known issue, and their support reps only respond with "Have you done a DNS flush, etc."


    Quote Originally Posted by Shaleth View Post
    It's been over a month, and I haven't been able to get anything to open the LOTRO store. It is a black screen like these other folks, including a black screen for the help/bug section. It's really getting on my nerves! I WANT MY FREEBIES!!!!!!!!! Also, I wanted to buy a couple of things, but, ofc, can't!!

    I also have Windows 7 pro, 64 bit. My browser is Chrome. Some ppl in world chat suggested that Chrome may be out of date, so I updated it, but still cannot access any of these (which includes store when in char slot, and opening in browser instead of game). Also, this problem started when they took the exterior store away and put back the ingame store, then POOF!!! and I couldn't use the store anymore! Also, I have tried clicking both boxes in UI to choose inside/outside store, if I wasn't clear about that attempt as well.

    I tried the patch for the Vista users, and ofc, it didn't work for me, since this isn't Vista, I gather.

    Why oh why haven't you guys fixed this yet Standing Stone? Before you continue making new content, you need to get your house in order and fix these bugs!! Then move on to content!.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Posts
    114

    Same here

    Add me to the list of non working Stores. I hadn't logged in a month, came back with the release of Mordor on Bullroarer and no store, it was working before, i know cause i bought upgrades to my characters at the time
    I had a browser folder and use Chrome which has been having it's own endless Privacy Error issues which i'm not alone on. Regardless i tried the workarounds from the forums and nothing worked to fix the issue just change the way it doesn't work.

    I deleted the browser folder and now it wont reinstate it. Yes i had it backed up so that's not an issue but even a clean install wont bring the browser folder back by default.

    Strangely, on Bullroarer also without a Browser folder the store works as an internal popup, tho it looks "Ugly" and atm you can't actually use it anyway.

    Highly annoying. My only saving grace is i have 2 accounts that are both Lifetime so it's not costing me anything to play.
    .
    alts Felonias - 65 Elf Hunter | Hornori - 65 Dwarf Champ | Healery - 54 Man Minstrel | Scarysherrie 16 Elf RuneKeeper | Wardina 34 Hobbit Warden | Cerebralward - 65 Man Warden | Cerebralburg - 65 Hobbit Burg | Underkeeper - 65 Dwarf RuneKeeper | Loremania - 65 Man LoreMaster | Cerebralcapy - 35 Man Captain

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,785
    Quote Originally Posted by GameOverRIP View Post
    Add me to the list of non working Stores. I hadn't logged in a month, came back with the release of Mordor on Bullroarer and no store, it was working before, i know cause i bought upgrades to my characters at the time
    I had a browser folder and use Chrome which has been having it's own endless Privacy Error issues which i'm not alone on. Regardless i tried the workarounds from the forums and nothing worked to fix the issue just change the way it doesn't work.

    I deleted the browser folder and now it wont reinstate it. Yes i had it backed up so that's not an issue but even a clean install wont bring the browser folder back by default.

    Strangely, on Bullroarer also without a Browser folder the store works as an internal popup, tho it looks "Ugly" and atm you can't actually use it anyway.

    Highly annoying. My only saving grace is i have 2 accounts that are both Lifetime so it's not costing me anything to play.
    Not operating store in Bullroarer was a different thing. My store works fine in live servers, but was not working in Bullroarer, its a specific Bullroarer B1 problem, not the same thing that the store not working in live servers.

    Sergio
    Moved from Riddermark to Landroval on 2/10/1015!

  13. #13

    I just missed it!

    Quote Originally Posted by GameOverRIP View Post
    Highly annoying. My only saving grace is i have 2 accounts that are both Lifetime so it's not costing me anything to play.
    Dang!!! When I started playing I just missed the lifetime membership by TWO months!!!! I really, *really* believe that SSG should make these available for purchase again. With them going solo, I bet they could use the revenue... even to hire someone that will FIX THE BUGS that we complain about!!

    I still cannot get into the store. Someone from the game gave me this info last night. They said this is what SSG told them to do in a ticket (I think). Btw, I use Chrome, and even downloaded Firefox to try that browser. Still no change. I will try this tonight...

    i had that problem and it revolved around my IE,
    standing stone had me uninstall and reeinstall it
    then when i ran it it said that a proxy or
    lack there of was the problem. hope that helps

    when you open internet explorer go to the
    options and click on connection, then click on LAN settings and at
    the bottom of that click the option
    to turn off the proxy if it is on

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload