We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Exclamation Client Crashes Upon Log-in After Todays Update

I could play fine this morning European time. Logged off a few hours before update. Then just 20 min ago I tried to log-in.

1. I updated fine.

2. Typed in Acct name and Password and click Log In just fine.

3. Get to the serverlist just fine.

4. Chose my server and click play.

5. *bam* lotroclient has stopped working. That's in the usual error pop-up window and it starts searching for a solution online etc. No solution can be found and then asks if i want to send information to Microsoft in the usual Microsft windows pop-up which i don't want of course.

What did You break in this update ??? I run 32-bit windows. Same PC I have been able to play LoTRO on since 2007. My son is trying to update his client now to on his 64-bit win 7 to see if it works opn his PC.

Anyone else having this issue ???
    Last edited by Lord.Funk; May 31 2017 at 11:51 AM.
    "Arguing that you don't care about the right to privacy because you have nothing to hide is no different than saying you don't care about free speech because you have nothing to say." /Edward Snowden
    Never The Spy-Tool Windows 10 Who needs DirectX 12 anyway ??? Vulkan is better. :)

I am also having this exact same issue, though my son is able to get in game with no problem. I am on Windows Vista, and he is on 8

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Rufkin View Post
    I am also having this exact same issue, though my son is able to get in game with no problem. I am on Windows Vista, and he is on 8
    I'm on Vista too, 32-bit. Obviously they did not test it on Vista then before release. Great that means I can not play anymore together with my son unless I get a new PC. These are the 2 PC's we have atm and this one have been working fine until todays update. *sigh*

My sons update on the PC he uses is not done yet, so no idea if hat works on Win 7 64-bit yet.
    "Arguing that you don't care about the right to privacy because you have nothing to hide is no different than saying you don't care about free speech because you have nothing to say." /Edward Snowden
    Never The Spy-Tool Windows 10 Who needs DirectX 12 anyway ??? Vulkan is better. :)

Not having that issue, but I can do everything the previous poster described and the game just doesn't start. Nothing happens I just go right to desktop as though the game were never started.
    True character is not something shaped from without, or put on, but it is something radiating from within

Same problem here, also with Windows Vista Home Premium 32 bits GeForce GT730. After loging and click enter to play, client crash. Officially now is the Lord of Crashes Online, not need to crash after 1 minute of game, mapping or walking around Bree or Minas Tirith.

Unhappy

Update: My son can get in fine on his Win 7 64-bit so obviously it's an issue after this update with running Vista and/or 32-bit O/S. That's just great...NOT...

Yes, I know Vista is no longer officially supported by Microsoft since March but this game is from 2007 and has run fine on this until today.
    Last edited by Lord.Funk; May 31 2017 at 12:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by swamphobbit View Post
    Not having that issue, but I can do everything the previous poster described and the game just doesn't start. Nothing happens I just go right to desktop as though the game were never started.
    Sounds like the same problem to me. I can login, choose a server and immediately after clicking "Play" the game crashes and windows tries to search for a solution to the problem... So the launcher never launches the game.

Windows 10 Creator's update x64 here, and I logged in just fine. Vista has, if I am not mistaken, has been deprecated and off official support for some time now. The client is a largeaddressaware program that identifies itself to Windows 10 as a Windows 7 program. Other than being on a 32 bit OS, I'm not sure why it is crashing.
    "No sadder words of tongue or pen are the words: 'Might have been'." -- John Greenleaf Whittier
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda
    On planet Earth, there is a try.
    Indeed, in a world and life full of change, the only constant is human nature (A is A, after all :P).
    We old vets need to keep in mind those who come after us.

Same problem here! Game just disappears. Does not show up in Task Manager. Using Win 10 Home 64

Win XP 32bit. Last time I played - before update. Game crash after server choosing.

I'm not on Vista, but I'm having the same issue. The game simply will not run after signing in and choosing my server.

the same thing here. win xp 32 bit.

SSG can you please say if it stays that way or will you repair it for us 32bit old OS Folks.

oh and yes i love it when a company does these things ofc you dont say it before bc maybe some folks would stop to give money for this game.

and please no talk about get an other OS thats not the point here.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfhead View Post
    Same problem here! Game just disappears. Does not show up in Task Manager. Using Win 10 Home 64
    FYI I am running Windows 7 Pro 64 bit

So it's not, apparently, just a 32 bit OS issue.
    True character is not something shaped from without, or put on, but it is something radiating from within

Same problem. Windows 7 x64.
    Runs fine on my wife's machine though, identical system and OS.

Just in case someone is trying to find a solution here, I tried shutting off Windows Firewall. That didn't work.

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Noctar12 View Post
    Win XP 32bit. Last time I played - before update. Game crash after server choosing.
    FYI I am running Windows 7 Pro 64 bit

So it's not, apparently, just a 32 bit OS issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by Uhmiel View Post
    Same problem here, also with Windows Vista Home Premium 32 bits GeForce GT730. After loging and click enter to play, client crash. Officially now is the Lord of Crashes Online, not need to crash after 1 minute of game, mapping or walking around Bree or Minas Tirith.
    Sounds like the same problem to me. I can login, choose a server and immediately after clicking "Play" the game crashes and windows tries to search for a solution to the problem... So the launcher never launches the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by FrostHart View Post
    I'm not on Vista, but I'm having the same issue. The game simply will not run after signing in and choosing my server.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimar View Post
    the same thing here. win xp 32 bit.

SSG can you please say if it stays that way or will you repair it for us 32bit old OS Folks.

oh and yes i love it when a company does these things ofc you dont say it before bc maybe some folks would stop to give money for this game.

and please no talk about get an other OS thats not the point here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maltalossewen View Post
    Same problem. Windows 7 x64.
    Runs fine on my wife's machine though, identical system and OS.
    So it's not only Vista then but also XP, Win 7 and in some cases even Win 10. Not just 32-bit either but even 64-bit win 7 and win 10 for some. Even on identical set-up machines it runs on one and crashes on the other. Awesome...NOT...

Quote Originally Posted by Lord.Funk View Post
    I'm on Vista too, 32-bit. Obviously they did not test it on Vista then before release. Great that means I can not play anymore together with my son unless I get a new PC.
    A few things:

1) You're using Windows Vista in 2017? It is officially the worst operating system in existence and isn't even supported by Microsoft anymore.
    2) Vista.... REALLY?
    3) You don't need a new PC, you need to update your Operating System, which is not difficult and honestly not even that costly. Win7, 8 and 10 are probably much more efficient than Vista anyway, so it may even improve your PC performance.
    4) I don't think it's fair to expect software/game companies to support operating systems that are nearly 11 years old, and complain when they release updates/content that doesn't, at what point does this logic stop, can I get on Windows 2000 and start complaining that the game doesn't work?

Edit: Can buy a basic copy of Windows 7 for £14, that's $20 ish.
    Edit 2: Windows 8.1 Professional, £18.99...
    #15skills

Also on Vista and the same problem as everyone else.

Make sure your video card drivers and DirectX are up-to-date.

Quote Originally Posted by Milii View Post
    Make sure your video card drivers and DirectX are up-to-date.
    Game was working just dandy yesterday. Obviously something in the update broke it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ethrildar View Post
    A few things:

1) You're using Windows Vista in 2017? It is officially the worst operating system in existence and isn't even supported by Microsoft anymore.
    2) Vista.... REALLY?
    3) You don't need a new PC, you need to update your Operating System, which is very easy and honestly not even that costly. Win7, 8 and 10 are probably much more efficient than Vista anyway, so it may even improve your PC performance.
    4) I don't think it's fair to expect software/game companies to support operating systems that are nearly 11 years old, and complain when they release updates/content that doesn't, at what point does this logic stop, can I get on Windows 2000 and start complaining that the game doesn't work?
    The problem with updating to a new OS is that the new OS requires hardware that these older PCs don't have. Windows 10 wants twice as much RAM as my computer can hold, for instance. So it isn't as simple as just a new OS for everyone.

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by Ethrildar View Post
    A few things:

2) Vista.... REALLY?
    3) You don't need a new PC, you need to update your Operating System, which is very easy and honestly not even that costly. Win7, 8 and 10 are probably much more efficient than Vista anyway, so it may even improve your PC performance.
    There always have to be at least one in every thread. *sigh* Did You read any other reply ??? I only submitted those specs to make it easier to identify if that acctually was the issue or not. If You do read You will see that others have same or similar issue on anything from XP and win 7 to win 10 and even 64-bit, not just 32-bit and not just Vista.

I'm having same issue on windows 10 64 bit. Started right after update. No error, log in screen goes away like normal but game doesn't start.

I am having the same issue. Was playing earlier today. Updated game. Now I can log in, I can choose a server, then the client simply disappears.

Playing on XP. And yes my drivers are up to date. Something got broken during the update, let's not blame the players for this.

Tybur is offline Quality Assurance - Standing Stone Games
    If the game client just doesn't start (and you do not see errors) this can be caused by problems with your client configuration (display settings). This can often be solved by restoring the default settings.
    1. Close your lotro launcher
    2. Navigate to your Documents\The Lord of the Rings Online
    3. Rename your UserPreferences.ini file (or move it somewhere else).
    4. Restart your lotro launcher and login
    5. If your client starts successfully, you may be able to restore your old settings if you want. Close down the client and launcher again and put back your original UserPreferences.ini (that you renamed or moved).

Please note - if you are getting notification that the lotroclient has stopped working, then these steps for resetting your configuration will not help you.

Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast