We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Question [ Laurelin] New to RP

I am completely green when it comes to RPing in any MMO. I have been playing LOTRO on and off for a few years and would like to give RP a go. I created a new toon last night with the sole purpose of RPing and if anyone has any advice or knows of any good places to learn I would be very appreciative.

Thanks in advance,
    Sandy

P.S. he is a male human warden named Ulwyn (first time playing a warden to)

What background is Ulwyn from? Is it Gondor, Rohan, or somewhere else? What reason does he have for going out and about the wider world? What are his likes and dislikes? The questions are basic, but they help flesh out the character more.

You could pretty easily loaf around the Prancing Pony in Bree and just take in the atmosphere and how others approach it. Prancing Pony is like the Hotel California. You can check out any time you like, but you can never leave.

I believe this guide will provide you with more than enough information for a good start:

https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...n-and-the-Lore

Welcome and may you enjoy RP. It is after all one of this game's greatest features.