We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 127
  1. #1

    So when the story ends ........

    Everyone knows the LOTR story, eventually we will reach the conclusion and Frodo will join up with Sauron, rule the Shire upon his Fell Beast with and imprison Gandalf and Sam behind the Black Gates where they will forever be tasked with serving the Uruk Hai second breakfast and raising Wargs ....... or something along those lines.

    So when this eventually arrives, we know the devs have their own designs on what happens next, but imagine you could write the next chapter, add a new area, create a new class, add new quests ...... what would you do??

    Carri xx

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,447
    Quote Originally Posted by Carrigan2010 View Post
    Everyone knows the LOTR story, eventually we will reach the conclusion and Frodo will join up with Sauron, rule the Shire upon his Fell Beast with and imprison Gandalf and Sam behind the Black Gates where they will forever be tasked with serving the Uruk Hai second breakfast and raising Wargs ....... or something along those lines.
    Ummm not sure what i just read cause this never happens in the story... i don't know where you got this from or you just made it up.
    Pontin Level 105 Hobbit Burglar Kinship Second Breakfast Crickhollow Server
    Alts: Legoan Elf Hunter, Belladonea Hobbit Minstrel, Unnari Dwarf Guardian, Jorunn Man Captain, Sallyberry Hobbit Warden


    Here's some of my Screenshots Throughout Middle Earth. and Travelling Event! also can follow me on Twitter for Adventures in Middle Earth and more!

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Pontin_Finnberry View Post
    Ummm not sure what i just read cause this never happens in the story... i don't know where you got this from or you just made it up.
    /facepalm
    Ridd

  4. #4
    Me if I were the quest / epic dev (I would be MadeofPheonix) but anyway

    I would take our adventurers east in Search of the Blue Wizards. Along the way we find that one remained good whilst the other, like Saruman turned evil (and thats where the blue cast guys in Great River come from they are his followers). We eventually meet up with the good wizard who dies throughout our journey but not without imparting us with some magic (giving all skills some sort of boost with a new passive) that we need to defeat the other blue wizard.

    This story could take 2 years worth of game time to go through and would be much in the vain of epic volume 1. We would however only go visit 1 old area and that would be Rivendell which is mostly empty (zone it out to a after the ring falls version) to find some goodies Elrond and Gandalf left for us (mainly the way to get the quest chain started).

    We would than travel over the Misty Mountains into Norther Mirkwood and head up to the Lonely Mtn., before heading back South and East

    Me: Please Add Draigoch Scales to the Skrimish Camp or Rep Barter Vendors in Dunland We are 30 Levels Past that Content
    Other forum members: You want it... do the content
    Me: Yeah I see your point
    Other forum members: Please add trait points to the store and more valor options so we dont have to run content
    Me: O.o ... Seriously?

    The Lag is So Bad, I just Saw Sara Oakheart Outrun Someone

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Pontin_Finnberry View Post
    Ummm not sure what i just read cause this never happens in the story... i don't know where you got this from or you just made it up.
    Ermmmmmmmmmmm ............

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by kickman77 View Post
    Me if I were the quest / epic dev (I would be MadeofPheonix) but anyway

    I would take our adventurers east in Search of the Blue Wizards. Along the way we find that one remained good whilst the other, like Saruman turned evil (and thats where the blue cast guys in Great River come from they are his followers). We eventually meet up with the good wizard who dies throughout our journey but not without imparting us with some magic (giving all skills some sort of boost with a new passive) that we need to defeat the other blue wizard.

    This story could take 2 years worth of game time to go through and would be much in the vain of epic volume 1. We would however only go visit 1 old area and that would be Rivendell which is mostly empty (zone it out to a after the ring falls version) to find some goodies Elrond and Gandalf left for us (mainly the way to get the quest chain started).

    We would than travel over the Misty Mountains into Norther Mirkwood and head up to the Lonely Mtn., before heading back South and East
    Sounds like a good start ...... and I like your 'Dev' name

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,447
    Quote Originally Posted by dagorlad91806 View Post
    /facepalm
    I don't get it? since when does frodo rule the shire with sauron, or theres something i'm not getting an i completely forgot one part of the book?
    Pontin Level 105 Hobbit Burglar Kinship Second Breakfast Crickhollow Server
    Alts: Legoan Elf Hunter, Belladonea Hobbit Minstrel, Unnari Dwarf Guardian, Jorunn Man Captain, Sallyberry Hobbit Warden


    Here's some of my Screenshots Throughout Middle Earth. and Travelling Event! also can follow me on Twitter for Adventures in Middle Earth and more!

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Pontin_Finnberry View Post
    I don't get it? since when does frodo rule the shire with sauron, or theres something i'm not getting an i completely forgot one part of the book?
    I believe the OP was being clever and avoiding the obvious story just in case (!) it would be a spoiler to some.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    In the cupboard under the stairs. (or is it under the stalls?)
    Posts
    3,205
    Quote Originally Posted by Pontin_Finnberry View Post
    I don't get it? since when does frodo rule the shire with sauron, or theres something i'm not getting an i completely forgot one part of the book?
    He was being sarcastic.
    "Just like Mary Shelly, Just like Frankenstein, Break your chains, And count your change, And try to walk the line"

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,447
    Quote Originally Posted by Boraxxe View Post
    He was being sarcastic.
    ah I get it now, sorry i can't tell if one is or not most of the time on the internet, depends how you write it out sorry....
    Pontin Level 105 Hobbit Burglar Kinship Second Breakfast Crickhollow Server
    Alts: Legoan Elf Hunter, Belladonea Hobbit Minstrel, Unnari Dwarf Guardian, Jorunn Man Captain, Sallyberry Hobbit Warden


    Here's some of my Screenshots Throughout Middle Earth. and Travelling Event! also can follow me on Twitter for Adventures in Middle Earth and more!

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Sterling Heights, MI, U.S.A.
    Posts
    1,816
    Quote Originally Posted by Pontin_Finnberry View Post
    I don't get it? since when does frodo rule the shire with sauron, or theres something i'm not getting an i completely forgot one part of the book?
    Yes, Vol 5, Book 7 Chapters 13 - 169.
    Ujest - 105 Lore-master, Opun Tia - 87 Warden, Cneasai - 46 Minstrel, Veneur - 50 Hunter plus alts and mules; Officer, Pipeweed and Ale, Arkenstone (formerly Friends of Frodo, Vilya)

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    MA, USA
    Posts
    4,922
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandolf_TheOld View Post
    Yes, Vol 5, Book 7 Chapters 13 - 169.
    Oh yeah. I remember that now.

    "In place of the Dark Lord you will set up a Mayor. And I shall not be dark but chubby and ruddy as the Morning After and the Night Before. Full as the Sea and the Chipmunk Cheek gorged upon seed. Flatulent as the Storm and the Lightening! Hungrier than the foundations of The Shire. All shall feed me and despair!"
    The Lag is so bad I saw Sara Oakheart outrun someone - kickman77

    Cener, Ingo, Rilibald, Hesred, Halras, Belegthelion, Ingoror, Gloringo
    Arkenstone (ex-Elendilmir) - The Osgiliath Guard - http://www.theoldergamers.com

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    13,563
    Quote Originally Posted by Pontin_Finnberry View Post
    ah I get it now, sorry i can't tell if one is or not most of the time on the internet, depends how you write it out sorry....
    This is quite true, and we should all remember it: on the Internet there are no tones of voice, and even putting in an emote such as

    /snicker

    doesn't necessarily clue everybody that the guy is pulling your leg.

    If you want to know what happens next, you have two ways of doing it:

    (a) Read the books.

    (b) Send me an IM telling me just how much of a spoiler you want, and I'll give you one.
    Eruanne - Shards of Narsil-1 - Elendilmir -> Arkenstone

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by djheydt View Post
    This is quite true, and we should all remember it: on the Internet there are no tones of voice, and even putting in an emote such as

    /snicker

    doesn't necessarily clue everybody that the guy is pulling your leg.

    If you want to know what happens next, you have two ways of doing it:

    (a) Read the books.

    (b) Send me an IM telling me just how much of a spoiler you want, and I'll give you one.
    /doublefacepalm
    Ridd

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by djheydt View Post
    This is quite true, and we should all remember it: on the Internet there are no tones of voice, and even putting in an emote such as

    /snicker

    doesn't necessarily clue everybody that the guy is pulling your leg.

    If you want to know what happens next, you have two ways of doing it:

    (a) Read the books.

    (b) Send me an IM telling me just how much of a spoiler you want, and I'll give you one.
    Contrary to what you may believe, not everyone on the internet is a mentally challenged preschool child.

    Some of us can tell that "tone of voice", in example patronizing

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Gallifrey. I need a Jelly Baby.
    Posts
    19,114
    Quote Originally Posted by Carrigan2010 View Post
    Everyone knows the LOTR story, eventually we will reach the conclusion and Frodo will join up with Sauron, rule the Shire upon his Fell Beast with and imprison Gandalf and Sam behind the Black Gates where they will forever be tasked with serving the Uruk Hai second breakfast and raising Wargs ....... or something along those lines.

    So when this eventually arrives, we know the devs have their own designs on what happens next, but imagine you could write the next chapter, add a new area, create a new class, add new quests ...... what would you do??

    Carri xx
    I would have the Shire embroiled in a civil war over pie fillings. The girl that's been preaching about pie fillings in the Micheal Delving court yard for the last ten years would finally take matters into her own hands and attempt a military coup.

    Lobelia Sackville-Baggins would take notice and lead her own coup with Ted Sandyman at her side.



    Sam's dad, the Gaffer would lead the resistance to keep the Free People of Middle Earth supplied with pies.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"
    Continuing the never ending battle to keep Lobelia Sackville-Baggins in check

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymphonic View Post
    I would have the Shire embroiled in a civil war over pie fillings. The girl that's been preaching about pie fillings in the Micheal Delving court yard for the last ten years would finally take matters into her own hands and attempt a military coup.

    Lobelia Sackville-Baggins would take notice and lead her own coup with Ted Sandyman at her side.



    Sam's dad, the Gaffer would lead the resistance to keep the Free People of Middle Earth supplied with pies.
    I'm in, I'd love to see this hehe

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Laurelin
    Posts
    1,994
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymphonic View Post
    I would have the Shire embroiled in a civil war over pie fillings. The girl that's been preaching about pie fillings in the Micheal Delving court yard for the last ten years would finally take matters into her own hands and attempt a military coup.

    Lobelia Sackville-Baggins would take notice and lead her own coup with Ted Sandyman at her side.



    Sam's dad, the Gaffer would lead the resistance to keep the Free People of Middle Earth supplied with pies.
    This is such a wonderful plot, I hope MoL will read your post and take some notes
    Amorey
    Laurelin Archives Webteam

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    13,563
    Quote Originally Posted by Amorey View Post
    This is such a wonderful plot, I hope MoL will read your post and take some notes
    Note, however, that going in search of the Blue Wizards is not something we will get to do. They don't appear in The Hobbit or The Lord of the Rings, which is the only material SZC or anybody has rights to. IIRC they only appear in a few of JRRT's letters.
    Eruanne - Shards of Narsil-1 - Elendilmir -> Arkenstone

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Netherworld
    Posts
    57
    Quote Originally Posted by djheydt View Post
    Note, however, that going in search of the Blue Wizards is not something we will get to do. They don't appear in The Hobbit or The Lord of the Rings, which is the only material SZC or anybody has rights to. IIRC they only appear in a few of JRRT's letters.

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    13,563
    Quote Originally Posted by JustBoo View Post
    Which is kind of pretty, anyway.

    https://www.nasa.gov/multimedia/imag...ature_919.html
    Eruanne - Shards of Narsil-1 - Elendilmir -> Arkenstone

  22. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by djheydt View Post
    Note, however, that going in search of the Blue Wizards is not something we will get to do. They don't appear in The Hobbit or The Lord of the Rings, which is the only material SZC or anybody has rights to. IIRC they only appear in a few of JRRT's letters.
    They are already mentioned in-game under different names. They are Yeltkin the Violet and Yirokshar the Blue ((See what the last Boss says in the Bells of Dale 6-man and also what one of the Blue Caste Sorc's says in the Brown-Lands for evidence). The game-lore might not make it entirely clear -who- they are in order to, of course, stay in accordance with the rights. But if we do head-out East beyond Mordor, I guess that we should stay-tuned to hear more from the Blue and Violet Castes and their undesignated, but all too present in the game, Masters.

    They pulled the same trick with Antheron, Gift-Giver. They never once designated Antheron, officially, as his "Silmarillion" name during his time in Eregion. But we all can certainly "guess" as to who Antheron really is, regardless, and his part remains in the story. So shall it be, I believe, with these mysterious leaders in the East (though we, from our own extrapolations, have an inkling or two which roles Yeltkin and Yirokshar will most likely play....... IF we ever find them or learn their fates; but searching for Yeltkin and Yirokshar? Can see it as bright of a most likely direction as Earendil's Star ).
    Phantion no longer has a character named Phantion in-game. He is now Auruiron on Landroval.

    .

  23. #23
    Once Sauron is defeated, the Free People must destroy his foulest servants: fat, stinky dorfs.

    Excavation of Barad-dur will confirm that it was the sneaky, greedy dorfs, and not Gollum, who sold out Frodo and the Shire, and nearly handed the One Ring to Sauron. At the Council of Elrond, Gloin even admitted that the vile dorfs were in negotiations with Sauron, but he lied - of course - about what information they sold him. An outraged King Elessar will pronounce a death sentence on the dorf infestation in the Lonely Mountain. At this point, dorf player characters will become a third faction, hostile to both Freeps and Creeps, and attacked on sight by NPCs in all non-dorf areas.

    In the process of bringing justice to the Lonely Mountain, it will be revealed that the dorfs *intentionally* released the Moria Balrog and tried to recruit it as ally to enslave Middle-earth, until it turned on them and kicked their fat dorf butts. The ensuing extermination of the Iron Garrison will become an epic 12-man raid, and players will vie for the coveted "Original Challenger of Bosi" title. Starting with this update, creation of new dorf player characters will no longer be allowed.

    Running out of the places to hide, the fat, stinky dorfs and their creators Aule (finally unmasked as a secret avatar of Morgoth), Sauron and Saruman will retreat to make a desperate last stand in Thorins Hall, getting their fat butts kicked one last time by the Valar and a grand alliance of every other living thing in Middle earth. Dorf player characters defeated in combat will be permanently deleted, and the account will be credited with a free "Mockery of the Valar" token in compensation (the token does nothing).

    Then we will all live happily ever after.
    Dagoreth (Warden) and Belechannas (Lore-master) of Arkenstone

    < No Dorfs >
    Fighting the Dorf menace to Middle Earth since 2008

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    159
    The thread poster was obviously joking.

    That aside, Lotro should focus on making the game even more habitable for the actual roleplayers. It has done so thus far quite well with titles, cosmetics, housing and music system, but Standing Stones should probably keep updating that side or adding even more of such content (hey, fishing can't be the only hobby).

    Despite Lotro has not and cannot have content from the Silmarillion, it doesn't stop the players from playing it out. Which is why adding high elves as a race now feels like a funny timing, even if it does fit the RP scene in the RP servers otherwise.
    Last edited by Lindaelle; May 22 2017 at 06:53 AM.
    'There now the numbers of Eldar increase,' Voronwë said, 'for ever more flee thither of either kin from the fear of Morgoth, weary of war.'

    In Laurelin - Lover of Tolkien's lore

  25. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by LagunaD2 View Post
    Once Sauron is defeated, the Free People must destroy his foulest servants: fat, stinky dorfs.
    I will not stand down before any knave! Not least this faithless Forum sprite! He wishes nothing but ill upon my people! If he chooses to stand between me and my kin, I'll split his pretty head open! See if he's still smirking then!
    Yes, I have the Collector's Edition.

 

 
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload