We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Stumped on "The Legacy of Osgiliath"

Am trying to complete the last item on the deed, "Discover the Hall of the Osgiliath-stone". I have went in to the Dome of Stars, been around the interior in every nook and cranny I can find and I have yet to find this. I found something somewhere else that says to go in to the dome of stars, turn right to the stairs, go up the stairs and there should be a door there. There is rubble on one side and a door on the other but it does not open. Is there a prerequisite to this? I have searched on and off for two days. Please flag any replies that could contain spoilers. Thanks

May contain spoilers.

It's been a while but, yes, there's a door upstairs you go through. It's the same room that you find the last Boss (boss 3) in if you do the instance if I remember correctly. Have a look here at the maps to levels 1 and 2 down near the bottom of the page. http://dadislotroguides.com/instance...e-stars-t1t2c/

Quote Originally Posted by Altair6 View Post
    May contain spoilers.

It's been a while but, yes, there's a door upstairs you go through. It's the same room that you find the last Boss (boss 3) in if you do the instance if I remember correctly. Have a look here at the maps to levels 1 and 2 down near the bottom of the page. http://dadislotroguides.com/instance...e-stars-t1t2c/
    I believe the OP issue is they are going into dome of the Stars landscape...and not the instance.

That last deed cannot be completed unless you do the dome of the Stars instance. You can do it at lvl 50...and you don't have to fight the boss...but you do have to fight your way to the dome and through the 2 gate wardens to get access to the room.

Quote Originally Posted by Lordthebruce View Post
    I believe the OP issue is they are going into dome of the Stars landscape...and not the instance.

That last deed cannot be completed unless you do the dome of the Stars instance. You can do it at lvl 50...and you don't have to fight the boss...but you do have to fight your way to the dome and through the 2 gate wardens to get access to the room.
    Well that got me thinking as I couldn't remember having done the instance on a couple of alts that had completed the deed.

So. I've just done it on my Guard, and completed the deed, by going into the landscape version and even managed to dodge the guards. Turn right, stay right, is my advice.

Edit:- Oooo..... To OP. Silly question but your are in Pre-Battle Osgiliath, aren't you?
    Last edited by Altair6; May 18 2017 at 03:50 PM.

Well I certainly thank all that replied. Mistake one is I was in after battle and mistake two is I never did the instance. I appreciate the help. Now I can try to complete the very last thing on this deed!

Quote Originally Posted by ppspankalot View Post
    Well I certainly thank all that replied. Mistake one is I was in after battle and mistake two is I never did the instance. I appreciate the help. Now I can try to complete the very last thing on this deed!
    Ah ah! Easy to get confused with all these different version of places.

Thanks again to all. I completed it finally. Got lost more than once and was pretty testy for these old hands with all those mobs solo. **sigh**