We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Current Delay before Subscribers can talk in world chat

None of my characters has been able to yet and they have each played an hour or two - anyone know how long I have to wait?

And does it make sense to have any waiting period after a subscription goes through? Do the gold spammers take out subscriptions these days and, if so, does the wait really stop them?

Quote Originally Posted by istvana View Post
    None of my characters has been able to yet and they have each played an hour or two - anyone know how long I have to wait?

And does it make sense to have any waiting period after a subscription goes through? Do the gold spammers take out subscriptions these days and, if so, does the wait really stop them?
    I believe it's three hourse /played time.

Doesn't make sense for a VIP, but the code change to stop the mass of angry ranters (not spammers) was probably just a simple check against played time.

(If you subscribed while logged in, you would have to log out to desktop and log back in to get updated account data loaded. Just in case it does check for VIP but you can't see that until relog.)
    The Lag is so bad I saw Sara Oakheart outrun someone - kickman77

Cener, Ingo, Rilibald, Hesred, Halras, Belegthelion, Ingoror, Gloringo
    Arkenstone (ex-Elendilmir) - The Osgiliath Guard - http://www.theoldergamers.com

Thanks.

Very unusual for a MMO to restrict subscriber use of chat channels but 3 hours is not a big deal and better to have less ...annoying channels for everyone.

We can't really get into specifics so potential spammers don't know what to do, but yes, we recently did put some restrictions in place in the ability of new accounts to talk in World Chat. Besides cutting down on spam, this was done to curb the recent spate of phishing attempts we've been fighting in-game. Provided you just play the game for a bit, this should soon not be an issue for you.
    Community Manager, Lord of the Rings Online
    Follow LOTRO on: Twitter - Facebook - Google+ - Pinterest - Twitch - YouTube
    Find Cordovan on: Twitter Instagram
    Support: help.standingstonegames.com
    coolcool

Amusing, or sadly, this also applies to session play chars, as my Boromirs have discovered.
    Be nice if it checked the real char not the ~ one, but not too important I suppose really.
    A vote for Sapience is a vote for progress! Vote today!

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    We can't really get into specifics so potential spammers don't know what to do, but yes, we recently did put some restrictions in place in the ability of new accounts to talk in World Chat. Besides cutting down on spam, this was done to curb the recent spate of phishing attempts we've been fighting in-game. Provided you just play the game for a bit, this should soon not be an issue for you.
    Any chance you can add /trade to the mechanism by which posting is delayed? That's where all the gold-sellers post as they can't do so in /world.