We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Any plans on changing group size for Epic Battles

I'm back playing after a very long break and I do enjoy the Epic Battles. The only problem is, I play for the most part with 2 friends. Currently there are only a couple of the Epic Battles designed for small fellowship, so we are missing out on a lot. Is there any plans to do a small fellowship version of all Epic Battles? For that matter, why not make all Epic Battles available for all group sizes? Would it be too difficult to scale them all appropriately?

They have semi-officially stated there is no plans to look at epic battles anymore. Technically speaking, bumping up the solo/duo version to a 3-man probably wouldn't be too hard, but it's not so much the scaling, rather the solo/duo vs group versions of the instances have separate promotion points available to get, plus the group versions usually have different side quests available. I'm sure the issues could be worked out but there's no resources available for it.

I hope not. Any resources put into Bbs are better used somewhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by Rieven View Post
    I'm back playing after a very long break and I do enjoy the Epic Battles. The only problem is, I play for the most part with 2 friends. Currently there are only a couple of the Epic Battles designed for small fellowship, so we are missing out on a lot. Is there any plans to do a small fellowship version of all Epic Battles? For that matter, why not make all Epic Battles available for all group sizes? Would it be too difficult to scale them all appropriately?
    I believe the way different sizes are done for all instances is to use a unique custom instance for sizes 1, 3, 6 and 12. There is no scaling except for those instances that have a size 2. Size 2 is a scaled size 1. It is a somewhat easier that a brand new from scratch instance because the can reuse the map and the concept.

I suspect the reason why there are so few small fellowship Epic Battles is that the team did not have the staff to do them originally. Going back and adding them later is even more difficult because they have already extracted most of the value in sales dollars from that expansion pack. Plus the number of developers were down sized multiple times by Warner Brothers before SSG was formed. Plus any transfers that stayed with Turbine / Warner Brothers who did not want to become employees of SSG such as Athena.
    Unless stated otherwise, all content in this post is My Personal Opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Yula_the_Mighty View Post
    Size 2 is a scaled size 1.
    From what they said in the past, there is no scaling for Size 2, it is identical to Size 1.
    Dagoreth (Warden) and Belechannas (Lore-master) of Arkenstone

< No Dorfs >
    Fighting the Dorf menace to Middle Earth since 2008