We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Discovering Adventures in Zelem-Melek?

These Scavenger Quests have been sending my level 105 character back to areas I haven't been to in a long time, most notably Moria. In particular, this character hasn't been back to Moria since they revamped it several years ago. At that time, they introduced several new exploration deeds for the different regions, including this one: Discovering Adventures in Zelem-melek.

So, in my character's Deed Log, under Quests of Khazad-Dum, this Discovering Adventures in Zelem-Melek deed appeared after the revamp, and is the last deed I need to complete for the Quests meta-deed. Since I've been back in Moria for the Anniversary, I thought that I would try to clear out my deed log a bit. However, I cannot figure out how to start the quests for this Discovering Adventures in Zelem-Melek deed?

Neither Mögr in the 21st Hall nor Dómárr in the Great Hall of Durin have any quests for me. Neither does Búi in the Hall of Flowing Waters. I can use the Great Hall goat travel but not the Flowing Waters Goat Travel. I have been to a few of the orc areas in Zelem-Melek but haven't encountered any auto-bestow quests so far (although it's possible that I haven't been to the right area).

Now that I've gotten it in my head to get rid of this Deed in my deed log, it bothers me that I can't seem to track down what I need to complete this. Any ideas what to check next??

If the Deed came up its auto-quest in certain areas to do The wiki here tells you where to kill explample Explore Baiúrz-mur and defeat enemies there (auto-bestow quests pops up). the deed only comes up after completing Quest "Exploring the Wide Halls"
    https://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Dis...in_Zelem-melek
    https://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Que...the_Wide_Halls
    Pontin Level 115 Hobbit Burglar Kinship Second Breakfast Crickhollow Server
    Alts: Legoan Elf Hunter, Belladonea Hobbit Minstrel, Unnari Dwarf Guardian, Jorunn Man Captain, Sallyberry Hobbit Warden. Laurelin Server, Edwell Man Hunter.

Here's some of my Screenshots Throughout Middle Earth. and Travelling Event! also can follow me on Twitter for Adventures in Middle Earth and more!

Well i've been to all 5 areas listed in the deed as granting auto-bestowed quests and nothing popped up. So now I'm still stuck, not sure how to advance whatever is needed for this deed.

Quote Originally Posted by DanteIL View Post
    Well i've been to all 5 areas listed in the deed as granting auto-bestowed quests and nothing popped up. So now I'm still stuck, not sure how to advance whatever is needed for this deed.
    The deed and quests open up after doing a bunch of quests that start at the 21st Hall and after you do a bunch of stuff around the Great Hall of durin.
    There's a dwarf camp there with two dwarves that give out quests, try there.

Does Reinn, the guy who stands near Mögr, have a quest or did you do the quests with him already? Reinn leads you to Dómárr which starts his quests which then leads on to the rest.

Other than that, did any of the orcs in the areas you visited have quest rings? I think some of the quests only start when you kill something. Could be wrong as it's been a while since I did any of these.
    Last edited by Altair6; May 15 2017 at 08:59 AM.

you may have to find mogr in the great hall, up on the platform above rokur. he comes out to bestow the quest to claim the hall/click on the two pillars

Thanks for the suggestions, but still no luck.

Neither Mogr nor Reinn in the 21st hall have anything for me, and neither does Domarr in the Great Hall of Durin. When I played this character through Moria (well before the quest revamp) I completed all the various quests in Moria, which is why there isn't a whole lot available for me now. I have gone to all the various orc areas now and killed things and looked around, but no quests auto-bestowed or started.

I just wish I could find the trigger to complete this deed.

Quote Originally Posted by DanteIL View Post
    Thanks for the suggestions, but still no luck.

Neither Mogr nor Reinn in the 21st hall have anything for me, and neither does Domarr in the Great Hall of Durin. When I played this character through Moria (well before the quest revamp) I completed all the various quests in Moria, which is why there isn't a whole lot available for me now. I have gone to all the various orc areas now and killed things and looked around, but no quests auto-bestowed or started.

I just wish I could find the trigger to complete this deed.
    According to the walkthrough at LOTRO-wiki.com for the first quest in the Mogr/Domarr line, A Well-earned Celebration: "In order for this quest to become available, you must first complete the vector quest Águti's Advice, which begins with Símbi in The Twenty-first Hall. " If Simbi is not offering this quest, check to see if Oxi offers A Dark Victory, which is a vector to Simbi from Fanged Pit/Jarargund.

(And I feel your pain; Because of the Trollshaws revamp, many of my older characters have had to backtrack as far as the dwarf in Barachan's Camp in order to open up Frodo's Burden.)

Quote Originally Posted by BK613 View Post
    According to the walkthrough at LOTRO-wiki.com for the first quest in the Mogr/Domarr line, A Well-earned Celebration: "In order for this quest to become available, you must first complete the vector quest Águti's Advice,
    Thank you! Aguti was the magic key -- I went to Rotting Cellar to visit him, and after I came back Mogr suddenly had quests for me, and that led me to Reinn/Domarr (poor Reinn), and when I finished those and did the two-pillar thing and was directed to venture into Zelem-Melek, ta-da the Deed finished and I was done! I didn't even have to do the Zelem-Melek stuff proper.

Thanks for the help, whew.