We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1

    A Trap For The Creature.Year 5 Anniversary Reflections

    Anyone have issues with the quest chain,The Creeping Shadow quest arc prerequisite to get the A Trap For The Creature instance.According to Wiki it starts with Wistan but when I locate him there is no quest ring.Any help would be much appreciated.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    1,200
    I have the same problem.
    My suspicion is that the whole quest hub has to be unlocked because of the area revamp some years ago. And honestly I have no idea where we should even start. I hope not from the beginning of the area because that would be cruel.
    Ishtarien - Captain
    Ishtari - Rune Keeper / Ishtarel - Hunter / Lunasa - Minstrel
    Ishtaridas - LRM 105 / Ishti - BRG 105 / Cabernetta - GRD 105 / Merlotta - CHP 105 / Medovinus - BRN 105
    The Mellowship || Eldar -> Evernight

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    403
    Quote Originally Posted by Darteror View Post
    Anyone have issues with the quest chain,The Creeping Shadow quest arc prerequisite to get the A Trap For The Creature instance.According to Wiki it starts with Wistan but when I locate him there is no quest ring.Any help would be much appreciated.
    Tbh you have to start atleast the quest chain from start.
    Trollshaw revamp messed up everything you have done there before revamp.

    I have done FRodo Burden before, but now i dont have it.
    I m not sure if i have do every quests to progress the quest chain to get unlocked.

    Again well done SSG :-)
    "To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supereme excellence.
    Supreme excellence consist in breaking enemys resitance without fighting" Sun Tzu - the Art of War.

  4. #4
    I'm having the same issue with A Trap for the Creature and The Seven Swords. All of the quest chains appear in my completed quest log, but I'm unable to start the instances at the reflecting pool. When I go back to the quest-chain start, there is no quest available. I've opened a ticket (twice), but no luck yet.

    UPDATE:
    I was able to figure out my issues. for 'A Trap for the Creature', you'll need to go back to Thorenhad and do the quest line until you get to "The Road Seldom Travelled'. That leads into the quests that come before this one. For the Seven Swords - you'll need to go talk to Nethraw himself and not the reflecting pool.
    Last edited by Taleana; May 13 2017 at 01:34 AM.

  5. #5
    Yep thats what i had to do also.I had to complete quests that I never did starting at the Last Bridge and got to the quest chain A Road Last Traveled.Think it was 16 quests in total.Lol

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    52
    Quote Originally Posted by Elgrind View Post
    Tbh you have to start atleast the quest chain from start.
    Trollshaw revamp messed up everything you have done there before revamp.

    I have done FRodo Burden before, but now i dont have it.
    I m not sure if i have do every quests to progress the quest chain to get unlocked.

    Again well done SSG :-)
    I was able to pick up Frodo's Burden at the Reflection pool in Rivendell yesterday.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    52
    Quote Originally Posted by Taleana View Post
    I'm having the same issue with A Trap for the Creature and The Seven Swords. All of the quest chains appear in my completed quest log, but I'm unable to start the instances at the reflecting pool. When I go back to the quest-chain start, there is no quest available. I've opened a ticket (twice), but no luck yet.

    UPDATE:
    I was able to figure out my issues. for 'A Trap for the Creature', you'll need to go back to Thorenhad and do the quest line until you get to "The Road Seldom Travelled'. That leads into the quests that come before this one. For the Seven Swords - you'll need to go talk to Nethraw himself and not the reflecting pool.
    Thank you, those are the two I am having trouble with. I started the yesterday back tracking and was able to pick up "The Road Seldom Travelled (thank God). I will go back and try to find Nethraw today.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Merridew View Post
    Thank you, those are the two I am having trouble with. I started the yesterday back tracking and was able to pick up "The Road Seldom Travelled (thank God). I will go back and try to find Nethraw today.
    IF Nethraw doesn't have anything for you, try killing the 7 guys with the swords, each sword will start the quest.
    ~Erynaur, Champion of Crickhollow
    ~Butterpea, Hunter of Crickhollow
    ~Mylwen, Captain of Crickhollow

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Elgrind View Post
    Tbh you have to start atleast the quest chain from start.
    Trollshaw revamp messed up everything you have done there before revamp.

    I have done FRodo Burden before, but now i dont have it.
    I m not sure if i have do every quests to progress the quest chain to get unlocked.

    Again well done SSG :-)
    For Frodo's Burden, the quest givers in reverse order:
    Gandalf
    Elrond
    Elohir
    Calenthon -- Nan Tarnaeth
    Porthlon -- SE of Ost Thondol
    Elohir /Elladan
    Narlinn
    Arrod -- on the hill east of the Thorenhad turnoff
    Narlinn -- on the road west of the Thorenhad turnoff
    Hiethur Ironfist
    Toki Whitebeard -- Ost Durgon
    Hiethur Ironfist -- Barachen's camp
    Barachen
    Alphlanc -- Last Bridge

    Only one character has had to backtrack further than Elohir and that's because he skipped what was then fellowship quests.

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload