We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

NOVICE & MILESTONE passives

Hi,

I hope someone here can point me at an answer as nothing seems to get a response from support or the GMs.
    I played this game way back and had created a number of characters and then left the game. I have just come back and brought the account wide riding package.
    But my characters do not have the NOVICE or MILESTONE skill even though they are past the the starter zones.
    So I cannot learn riding as it requires the NOVICE skill.
    Also i cannot bind to MILESTONES as I do not have the skill.
    I have raised 2 bug reports be told to raise an in game ticket. Which i did as I am a VIP player.
    All that happened was that a GM closed the ticket with no response, and I checked my character and I do not have the passives.
    Is it just easier to deleted those characters and start again or is there some way to get actual support.
    This poor support reminds me why I left for several years.

Thanks in advance for any help

I'm not exactly sure if this is what you're looking for, but here is a link to Novice.

https://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Novice

Just select a link based on your race and it should point you to the NPC you need to talk to.

Thanks for the link.
    I went to Thorins hall and saw Dwalin.
    Unfortunately he has moved past the quest and says what a good job we did in the tomb.
    It seems there is no way to pick this up as I have checked all the dwarfs that normally lead to the chain.
    The game seems to assume I have done the quest and so i am stuck.

The help was appreciated.
    its such a pity support from SSG is so poor.

I have witnessed how this happened two years or so ago, for a person who had been away for years, and found themselves in the same situation. It turned out, that this person had been online before the rehash of the starter instances (was in an Archet without Aragorn or whichever it was), but not finished the instance, and as a result the character status was broken. It required a game master to fix the issue, and after that they could finally ride and use milestones.

I guess you will have to set up a ticket. The GMs will surely help, so that you can enjoy the game in the proper way.

Greetings, Poymachos
    Treufried, human Level 115 Lore Master, formerly from Maiar (DE), now on Belegaer
    Räuberhöhle auf Belegaer, Breelandsiedlung, Ochsbott, Lange Straße 5. Vorsicht, Fallen!
    Alexophor, human Level 115 Hunter, formerly a Nimrod, now on Landroval
    Awkward Animal Arena in Breeland Homesteads, 6 Long Street, Ersward (Landroval)

Also, check your character's inventory. My hobbits had some kind of tokens I had to turn in to the person in the starter towns to get the millstone skills.

starting area?

I had this issue with a character that I had not left the introduction instance with. When that instance was updated the character was booted into the main world without novice etc. I did not think that the character was worth keeping with those issues and simply rerolled as there was very little investment in the toon. Is this possibly the same scenario? Is there a reason why you wish to keep the character?

Consider this: that specific account must be old, and have been set up in a time when all players had yet to pay a subscription fee (what is now called VIP status), and there was no difference between paying and non-paying players. So, all their characters would have these specific trait slots (on the left side of the panel) from the beginning. If the owner of this account is not a lifetimer, deleting the old character and making a new one will actually mean a loss; as each new character will by default get the upper five slots blocked, and the blocking will only be removed if the owner either purchases game time (as a VIP), or buys/unlocks these slots by spending Lotro Points in the shop.

@Qrauk: As I said, please open a ticket, so that a GM can take care of the issue. It should be possible to fix, as I have seen this in that former case. The owner came back to world chat and reported that his character was now able to ride, and he was really happy that he could finally move freely around Middle Earth.

Greetings, Polymachos
    Treufried, human Level 115 Lore Master, formerly from Maiar (DE), now on Belegaer
    Räuberhöhle auf Belegaer, Breelandsiedlung, Ochsbott, Lange Straße 5. Vorsicht, Fallen!
    Alexophor, human Level 115 Hunter, formerly a Nimrod, now on Landroval
    Awkward Animal Arena in Breeland Homesteads, 6 Long Street, Ersward (Landroval)

Thanks everyone for your feedback it has been really encouraging.
    This is a great community.
    Although my character is only level 15, I have 4 toons around the same level that have this issue. Strangely they are all elf.
    I don't have a lot of time invested in them and will delete and create exactly the same toons again and play if I cant get this resolved.
    Will try a new GM ticket first and see what happens. My last GM ticket was closed without any response so i will not hold my breathe.
    Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by wolflordsigurd View Post
    ...I went to Thorins hall and saw Dwalin.
    Unfortunately he has moved past the quest and says what a good job we did in the tomb.
    It seems there is no way to pick this up as I have checked all the dwarfs that normally lead to the chain.
    The game seems to assume I have done the quest and so i am stuck.....
    Quote Originally Posted by wolflordsigurd View Post
    ... Strangely they are all elf....
    Dwalin can not help elfs. Elfs begins their journey in Celondim. Try NPCs in Celondim, e.g. Eilian https://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Eilian / https://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Cat...elondim_Quests .

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Thodorin View Post
    Dwalin can not help elfs. Elfs begins their journey in Celondim. Try NPCs in Celondim, e.g. Eilian https://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Eilian / https://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Cat...elondim_Quests .
    Thanks for the help.
    Unfortunately sjhe has no conversation options for me. So its back to square one.

Wink

Well I raised a GM ticket and got a response that it is a problem that can be fixed only when I am actually online.

Now that is an issue being in Australia and the GMs being in the US make this difficult to do.

Looks like I will just park this character and play new ones. If I manage to be on in a time that lines up with the US I might try another GM ticket.

But a big thanks to all of you who have tried to help. It is really encouraging.

Cheers all.