We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Year 3: Once more with feelings

Admit it: who else had to redo an instance run because they forgot to perform the emote before the boss was dead?

We had to do Ivar twice because of my sister-in-law, we both forgot to blush for Narhuel, and I am currently waiting for the lock on Carn Dum to expire so I can sing to Helchgam.
    At least we both flexed for Mordirith.
    in my thoughts and in my dreams they´re always in my mind
    these songs of hobbits, dwarves and men and elves
    come close your eyes
    you can see them, too - Blind Guardian, Bards tale

Quote Originally Posted by BelamanthDE View Post
    Admit it: who else had to redo an instance run because they forgot to perform the emote before the boss was dead?

We had to do Ivar twice because of my sister-in-law, we both forgot to blush for Narhuel, and I am currently waiting for the lock on Carn Dum to expire so I can sing to Helchgam.
    At least we both flexed for Mordirith.
    You can sing to the squid without having to start or even do the fight

Guilty! I did it on one of the first ones I re-ran. From then on I took the time to add the quest back into my on-screen tracker after entering the instance so that I wouldn't forget.

side note: I have never understood why the quest tracker needs to get wiped/replaced upon entering an instance. Is there an option to stop it?

Quote Originally Posted by Thorcar View Post
    You can sing to the squid without having to start or even do the fight
    True. All you have to do is remember why you are actually here...
    in my thoughts and in my dreams they´re always in my mind
    these songs of hobbits, dwarves and men and elves
    come close your eyes
    you can see them, too - Blind Guardian, Bards tale

All the emote quests can be done with bosses inactive unless you catch Ivar in Re-pass instead of Gath Agarwen.

Cook - run in emote and run out, encounter resets, canteen mobs respawn. Likewise most of the others, Helgsham - no need to get close, click under the water to select him. It means if you partner up you can get all your toons done in the same cleared instance as you take turns switching toons. Helps to start with key holders so CD Gates are open and remain open for any without keys for minimal clearage.

I did forget one toon on Helgsham, but had a key and only took 2 mins to get to him (it).

Can't do the Skirms in the same way sadly but can set to min levels, it's getting tedious with so many toons at cap.

Mac

Almost guilty. Was in process of "Leaving Instance" after clearing last room of Foundry. Remembered this thread and jumped to cancel the exit. Would have kicked myself!