We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: Favorite Titles

Favorite Titles

I absolutely love the title system in LOTRO, but I do admit it is overdone. There are just way too many titles people earn in this game for doing, really nothing.

It's not a huge deal that there are so many titles, but what becomes a problem is that it's hard to find the titles you are looking for in the UI.

I'd like to propose a "Title Favorites" system where you can select certain titles in game that are your "favorites", and then quickly filter down to those.
    Erendil 50 Hunter Rank 7, Mavellen 45 Warden; Officers of Disciples
    Ragaroth Warleader Rank 7, Marhawk Stalker Rank 5; Members of Cuddle Squad
    Other Characters: Arthilius - Captain, Arthilias - Guardian,
    Claireth - Runekeeper, Harbuckle - Burglar, Lothlirien - Hunter

Like check boxes next to a title. I like that. I wonder if a plugin could do that?

I just use the search function at the top to find my favorite titles. Helps that they are few and I only ever use a handful. My main however, collects them all. From her perspective titles can never be overdone.
    Apes are superior to man in this . . . . When a monkey looks in a mirror, he sees a monkey

I would love a "favorite titles"box in my titles menu.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"
    Continuing the never ending battle to keep Lobelia Sackville-Baggins in check

Quote Originally Posted by Strider5548 View Post
    There are just way too many titles people earn in this game for doing, really nothing.
    So what? Those you get by "doing nothing" are not particularly interesting anyway. And if people want to be titled Apprentice Cook who am I to spoil their fun.

The ones I think look good, like The Glacier Queen I got at 65, or Born from Ashes I got at 75 were not exactly gained by "doing nothing".

Quote Originally Posted by CroKat View Post
    So what? Those you get by "doing nothing" are not particularly interesting anyway. And if people want to be titled Apprentice Cook who am I to spoil their fun.

The ones I think look good, like The Glacier Queen I got at 65, or Born from Ashes I got at 75 were not exactly gained by "doing nothing".
    Ever play a Lore-Master? Grab a couple of stacks of Blueberry Ale and Southfarthing Pipeweed and Summon pet, set self to walk and pet to aggressive. Walk around a zone for a day.

Quote Originally Posted by CroKat View Post

I'm not complaining about the useless titles. I'm complaining that it makes finding the useful titles impossible, hence a favorites filter for titles.
    Erendil 50 Hunter Rank 7, Mavellen 45 Warden; Officers of Disciples
    Ragaroth Warleader Rank 7, Marhawk Stalker Rank 5; Members of Cuddle Squad
    Other Characters: Arthilius - Captain, Arthilias - Guardian,
    Claireth - Runekeeper, Harbuckle - Burglar, Lothlirien - Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by Strider5548 View Post
    I'm not complaining about the useless titles. I'm complaining that it makes finding the useful titles impossible, hence a favorites filter for titles.

Exactly. That's why I like this suggestion.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"
    Continuing the never ending battle to keep Lobelia Sackville-Baggins in check