We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

Thread: set bonuses

set bonuses

Just a thought with all the stat bloat comments.. would set bonuses on essences be an idea.
    Removing the need for classes to have sub par armour pieces for set bonuses on hunter and captain for example just a thought .
    That would allow more flexibility for builds for raiders and non raiders alike allowing players with less time to play the game have their class more ready to participate in end game content if they choose to do so.
    Also this would free up any particular mechanics the devs would want to build into the next raid armour like crit defence or a specific tactical mitigation like shadow.. just a thought.
    Last edited by valgorlim; Apr 24 2017 at 10:37 AM.
    All that glitters isn,t gold.

Post For me it must be so

For me what they have to do and do 3 bonus sets per class but they are the same for all tires, t1-t2 istance, t1-t2 raid putting just as strong stat difference or more slot lumps.

I'll explain:

T1 instance -> 2 slot essence
    T2 instance -> 3 Slot essence

T1 Raid -> 4 Slot Essence
    T2 Raid -> 5 Slot Essence -> upgrade 1 / 6 Slot essence -> upgrade 2 / 6 Slot essence + Pisycal and tattycal mitigation resistance bonus

All the armor will have the same bonus as the change and the essence of the essence that you can put in.So you avoid unwanted "shortcuts" as in the case of the hunter that to be competitive you have to make 4 pieces of the Osgiliath set and 2 pieces 85 of the ereborn set.
    My 1° class on Lotro:

Quote Originally Posted by valgorlim View Post
    Just a thought with all the stat bloat comments.. would set bonuses on essences be an idea.
    Removing the need for classes to have sub par armour pieces for set bonuses on hunter and captain for example just a thought .
    That would allow more flexibility for builds for raiders and non raiders alike allowing players with less time to play the game have their class more ready to participate in end game content if they choose to do so.
    Also this would free up any particular mechanics the devs would want to but into the next raid armour like crit defence or a specific tactical mitigation like shadow.. just a thought.
    If they give an additional slot for that and all old an perhaps a few new it would be great.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenix43 View Post
    For me what they have to do and do 3 bonus sets per class but they are the same for all tires, t1-t2 istance, t1-t2 raid putting just as strong stat difference or more slot lumps.

I'll explain:

T1 instance -> 2 slot essence
    T2 instance -> 3 Slot essence

T1 Raid -> 4 Slot Essence
    T2 Raid -> 5 Slot Essence -> upgrade 1 / 6 Slot essence -> upgrade 2 / 6 Slot essence + Pisycal and tattycal mitigation resistance bonus

All the armor will have the same bonus as the change and the essence of the essence that you can put in.So you avoid unwanted "shortcuts" as in the case of the hunter that to be competitive you have to make 4 pieces of the Osgiliath set and 2 pieces 85 of the ereborn set.
    Uprgrade 2 shouldn´t have physical, tac, it and resi bonus, there are some classes without a need of this. Fate and vita would be much better every class needs this two.

Thumbs up You're right though ...

Quote Originally Posted by Mukor View Post
    Uprgrade 2 shouldn´t have physical, tac, it and resi bonus, there are some classes without a need of this. Fate and vita would be much better every class needs this two.
    Maybe you're right and just did not know what to put into the raid's 2nd upgrade of the raid, as an idea, then basically on the set progression I inspired the actual system a little bit used in the raid and a bit to the upgrade system Set the Ereborn 85 (Which I think is the most feasible system for me).And that initially I thought ... maybe add another slot (but class) slot ... that I was afraid that this thing would further make the "advanced" set of raids too powerful and on the other one slot Class for each piece did not make sense.
    My 1° class on Lotro:

Maybe you're right and just did not know what to put into the raid's 2nd upgrade of the raid, as an idea, then basically on the set progression I inspired the actual system a little bit used in the raid and a bit to the upgrade system Set the Ereborn 85 (Which I think is the most feasible system for me).And that initially I thought ... maybe add another slot (but class) slot ... that I was afraid that this thing would further make the "advanced" set of raids too powerful and on the other one slot Class for each piece did not make sense.
    This could be some totally new slots, maybe on a new item for each class. First unlock with 2 pieces of armour, second with 4 and third with 6 and may be additional one mor with 3 of the jewls and a further with 7.
    So there are 5 locked sots on this item wich you can gain. And the bonuses maybe depending on different difficulites, so you can unlock some with instances t1, somewith t2 and some with raid t1,t2.
    So depending of the value of the bonus the difficulty like +10%melee,ranged,tactical dmg instance t1 and for something like oarthbeakerreset raid t2. Well maybe instance t2 and raid t1 is one difficulty and for this as an example +15% heartseekerdmg.
    So everyone gan gain some bonuses and everyone can build himself unique.

Thumbs up Yeah ... he could go...

This could be some totally new slots, maybe on a new item for each class. First unlock with 2 pieces of armour, second with 4 and third with 6 and may be additional one mor with 3 of the jewls and a further with 7.
    So there are 5 locked sots on this item wich you can gain. And the bonuses maybe depending on different difficulites, so you can unlock some with instances t1, somewith t2 and some with raid t1,t2.
    So depending of the value of the bonus the difficulty like +10%melee,ranged,tactical dmg instance t1 and for something like oarthbeakerreset raid t2. Well maybe instance t2 and raid t1 is one difficulty and for this as an example +15% heartseekerdmg.
    So everyone gan gain some bonuses and everyone can build himself unique.
    To expose my idea I want to show with a draft...

how can you notice each slot can contain a class essence that is activated with the pieces of the Set, for the first it takes at least two pieces for the second and so on until you get five pieces for the fourth bonus, so the developers would give us the chance to choose the bonuds we need most without having Designing new ones, maybe giving us the option to choose 3 or 4 versions for specialization, and to have more choices, but I think maybe I could think like a trait reputation or crafting recipes.
    Last edited by Fenix43; Apr 24 2017 at 04:09 AM.
    My 1° class on Lotro:

To expose my idea to the monster with a draft...

how can you notice each slot can contain a class essence that is activated with the pieces of the Set, for the first it takes at least two pieces for the second and so on until you get five pieces for the fourth bonus, so the developers would give us the chance to choose the bonuds we need most without having Designing new ones, maybe giving us the option to choose 3 or 4 versions for specialization, and to have more choices, but I think maybe I could think like a trait reputation or crafting recipes.
    Yeah. Something like that was in my mind but without passive stats or some permanet useful like+ 10% morale,critchance .... That you can keep it until the end if you have it ones and the bonuses are exchangeable if you earn a better one or just want to change your build.
    And not pocket inplicity. I thought more on a new slot like a cloakgasp,medal or some other name.
    For example the medal we could earn after the victory at the black gate.

Thumbs up Right

Yeah. Something like that was in my mind but without passive stats or some permanet useful like+ 10% morale,critchance .... That you can keep it until the end if you have it ones and the bonuses are exchangeable if you earn a better one or just want to change your build.
    And not pocket inplicity. I thought more on a new slot like a cloakgasp,medal or some other name.
    For example the medal we could earn after the victory at the black gate.
    If you're right you do not have to be a poket, so you get the draft so much to get a starting idea on what to discuss, however if it's a cloak or at least a poket must have at least passive statuettes according to me, maybe not morally But primary status and vitality, as far as I'm concerned, I was thinking of something similar to Central Gondor or Moria, which, depending on the bonuses you may need, may have 3 reputations as per the update 20 and Any reputation from a type of bonus dedicated to a classy type of a rep may for instance have the red branch essences another one of the blue branch etc ...
    My 1° class on Lotro:

If you're right you do not have to be a poket, so you get the draft so much to get a starting idea on what to discuss, however if it's a cloak or at least a poket must have at least passive statuettes according to me, maybe not morally But primary status and vitality, as far as I'm concerned, I was thinking of something similar to Central Gondor or Moria, which, depending on the bonuses you may need, may have 3 reputations as per the update 20 and Any reputation from a type of bonus dedicated to a classy type of a rep may for instance have the red branch essences another one of the blue branch etc ...
    Imean a tatally new gearslot for this item, wich we ones get it never change it, so absolute stats would be bad, cause someday they go down, for that some percentage stats would be better like +10%morale, now its for the dds something around 2k with the new stats itßsmaybe something around 3k while+100 vita are always + 300morale, 720 ocmr and 200 resi for dds wich may lost his worth in future days.
    And for the bonuses unlocking with deeds, I would look at the value of the bonus and make 3 or four catogories.
    1. instances t1
    2./3. instances t2/raid t1
    4. raid t2
    So after completing the deeds for the new groupcontent you can trade the bonuses for each deed.
    So in this example you get out of landscape the +10% morale
    Lets say for instances tz1 +10% dmg and something like that.
    For instances t2/raid t1 some minor class specific like + 15% hs-dmg or 10% shielddmg
    And for raid t2 the major classspecific likeoarthbeakereset, hsresetand so on.
    So we run an improvement during the content earn some rewards, beeing better can do the next step.
    So the need for success t1 instances will be hte item with the + 10% morale or something like that, for instances t2/raid t1 the instance t1 bonuses, raid t2 instance t2/riad t1 bonuses and for t2c you need the t2 bonuses or at least every time a combination of all lesser. May everyone find the best path for him.
    As bonuses I would take all old - the outdated+ perhaps a few new ones like leeching threat of the amount of 10% of your build with a skil from your fellows within 30ml or something elas like that.

Not a bad idea. Works well for raiders. What if it was the actual essence that gave the bonus instead of the gear? Something for non-raiders could possibly be essences that aren't focused on harder content but something more like +1% in-combat run speed 1/5. So you could slot a max 5 of those essences for a max +5% run speed. Maybe a -1% induction with a max of -5%. Just things that could be of some benefit so that you had to pick and choose, but not necessarily benefit raid/instance content specifically.

Quote Originally Posted by KielArronax View Post
    Not a bad idea. Works well for raiders. What if it was the actual essence that gave the bonus instead of the gear? Something for non-raiders could possibly be essences that aren't focused on harder content but something more like +1% in-combat run speed 1/5. So you could slot a max 5 of those essences for a max +5% run speed. Maybe a -1% induction with a max of -5%. Just things that could be of some benefit so that you had to pick and choose, but not necessarily benefit raid/instance content specifically.
    As explained everywhere you can unlock the trade of bonusessences. The trongness of this bonus depends on the content, landscape, perhaps something as runspeed as you say,t1 instances + melee,range,tactical dmg and
    soon. asdifficulter the content as better the bonus of unlocked essences and the need of a mix of less difficult content needed for the next step. landscape<ti ins<t2 inis/t1raids<t2 raids<t2craids.

As explained everywhere you can unlock the trade of bonusessences.
    Let's say more in Reputation and instances you could do ... maybe with the reputation of Mordor you get bonuses for the T1 (Major) then in the T1 get the bonuses for the T2 (Greater) and then in the T2 take the most powerful version (Leggendary) For the rest and what we have said before.

The trongness of this bonus depends on the content, landscape, perhaps something as runspeed as you say,t1 instances + melee,range,tactical dmg and soon.
    If so, do not you find that there is a problem? Unless it has an infinity of scrol essence reclamation, if every time based on the Fight and the situation I have to change bonus essences, do not you find it a bit frustrating?

asdifficulter the content as better the bonus of unlocked essences and the need of a mix of less difficult content needed for the next step. landscape>t1 instance>t2 instance/t1raids>t2 raids.
    Just like we said and somewhat I've taken you back now, you ... the idea and dis, an armor with customizable bonuses that based on what you need to give you the essence bonus class you need, we hope you can Helping players to be more enthusiastic in tackling content, you do not have to consider the armor yourself, but on which bonus essences you need more and which others do not, the armor will only need to activate the bonus.
    My 1° class on Lotro:

Let's say more in Reputation and instances you could do ... maybe with the reputation of Mordor you get bonuses for the T1 (Major) then in the T1 get the bonuses for the T2 (Greater) and then in the T2 take the most powerful version (Leggendary) For the rest and what we have said before.

If so, do not you find that there is a problem? Unless it has an infinity of scrol essence reclamation, if every time based on the Fight and the situation I have to change bonus essences, do not you find it a bit frustrating?

Just like we said and somewhat I've taken you back now, you ... the idea and dis, an armor with customizable bonuses that based on what you need to give you the essence bonus class you need, we hope you can Helping players to be more enthusiastic in tackling content, you do not have to consider the armor yourself, but on which bonus essences you need more and which others do not, the armor will only need to activate the bonus.
    Yeah this I mean or at least that you need a mix of former bonuses for the next step of content that everyone can build an individual combination of stats suitable to his playstyle.
    And for avoiding the reclamation, the item could be a cheap trade item or a reward out of a dayly, so new bonuses are availble just take a new item or not be them essences more like titles that we can overwrite them.
    And yeah armour just needed for unlock the bonusslots on the item and give more stats(active and passive).
    like landscape 2 slots t1 ini 2 slot + 50 fate and vita t2 instance 4 slots and 50 fate and vita, t1 raid 4 slots and 50 fate and vita, t2 raid 5 slots and 100 fate and vita or something in ths propotion.