We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 124
  1. #1

    Asking Cordovan about hunter improvements

    Yesterday I joined Twitch Lotro Channel with Cordovan and I asked him about hunter improvements. I asked him if they are going to fix hunter class. I said to him that we need to use two pieces from lvl85 set in order to be competitive, and also I said to him our main skill is bugged (barrage). He said "No", he said they are working on mordor's content and there is no space for fix that at the moment. He said maybe they have a look later when Mordor is released. Watching on his facial expressions I think we have to use Erebor's pieces for a long long long time...

  2. #2
    Thanks to those who accepted the horrible U19 "fixes" and are now silent and try to silent critics of the mess hunter traitline balance is right now.
    Hunter is more broken than pre U19, but no pressing matter anymore, traitline balance totally broken, using bugged barrage and unintended setbonus.... Hunter is top ranged dps, why care about the class and 2/3 of its traitlines?
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam.
    Lingering Wound needs to scale the same way Barbed Arrow and Exsanguinate do.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    326
    Quote Originally Posted by Snigol View Post
    Yesterday I joined Twitch Lotro Channel with Cordovan and I asked him about hunter improvements. I asked him if they are going to fix hunter class. I said to him that we need to use two pieces from lvl85 set in order to be competitive, and also I said to him our main skill is bugged (barrage). He said "No", he said they are working on mordor's content and there is no space for fix that at the moment. He said maybe they have a look later when Mordor is released. Watching on his facial expressions I think we have to use Erebor's pieces for a long long long time...
    I'm currently working on a rebuild. Once I'm done, I'll be doing some testing to see if the Erebor set is still as beneficial as it used to be. With the levels of Physical Mastery we're hitting now, I suspect that the loss of Physical Mastery we suffer to equip the Erebor pieces is close to negating the benefit of the 2-piece bonus. I will post the results of what I find out. I'm hoping to test sometime in the next week or two.
    CAANJAAL - 115 HNT R7, CAANDHUIL - 115 HE CHMP, CAANAGER - 115 WRD R5, CAANJOB - 105 BRG, CAANRI - 16 GRD ---- Rangers of the West; CAANTHIR - 18 HE WRD - Gladden
    CAANJAAL - 115 HE HNT R5, CAANTHIR - 19 HE WRD ---- Du Bekar; CAANVALD - 12 BN ---- Bearly Legal - Arkenstone

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    602
    Quote Originally Posted by CDingler View Post
    I'm currently working on a rebuild. Once I'm done, I'll be doing some testing to see if the Erebor set is still as beneficial as it used to be. With the levels of Physical Mastery we're hitting now, I suspect that the loss of Physical Mastery we suffer to equip the Erebor pieces is close to negating the benefit of the 2-piece bonus. I will post the results of what I find out. I'm hoping to test
    sometime in the next week or two.
    I'll save you the time doing tests: it's not.
    MacSwaggis (formerly MacHaggis) R12 HNT , HeavyHaggis R10 GRD, Scrubtain R7 CPT
    Haggisbash R8 RVR , Haggisgash R7 WL

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by CDingler View Post
    I'm currently working on a rebuild. Once I'm done, I'll be doing some testing to see if the Erebor set is still as beneficial as it used to be. With the levels of Physical Mastery we're hitting now, I suspect that the loss of Physical Mastery we suffer to equip the Erebor pieces is close to negating the benefit of the 2-piece bonus. I will post the results of what I find out. I'm hoping to test sometime in the next week or two.
    With Erebor you win speed (skill spamming) but you lose powerful (Physical Mastery)
    With no Erebor you win powerful (Physical Mastery) but you lose speed (skill spamming)
    Speed is better than powerful (more speed = more dps). An example of this is Blue trait vs Red trait. Blue is quicker than red so blue is strongest than red.
    I changed my 2 pieces from erebor for 2 pieces essences with 4 slots each so I won 8 essences slots but my dps was not improved because I got a low skill spamming...
    Keep working on a rebuild and tell us your conclusions please.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    113
    Quote Originally Posted by Snigol View Post
    With Erebor you win speed (skill spamming) but you lose powerful (Physical Mastery)
    With no Erebor you win powerful (Physical Mastery) but you lose speed (skill spamming)
    Speed is better than powerful (more speed = more dps). An example of this is Blue trait vs Red trait. Blue is quicker than red so blue is strongest than red.
    I changed my 2 pieces from erebor for 2 pieces essences with 4 slots each so I won 8 essences slots but my dps was not improved because I got a low skill spamming...
    Keep working on a rebuild and tell us your conclusions please.


    i dont use erebor anymore - and it works -. same dps
    2 blue t2 /upgrade 1+2) + 4 red t2 (upgrade 1+2)

    just use the procs to get focus

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    2,174
    Quote Originally Posted by Tatharil View Post
    Thanks to those who accepted the horrible U19 "fixes" and are now silent and try to silent critics of the mess hunter traitline balance is right now.
    Hunter is more broken than pre U19, but no pressing matter anymore, traitline balance totally broken, using bugged barrage and unintended setbonus.... Hunter is top ranged dps, why care about the class and 2/3 of its traitlines?
    Anyone who attempted pvp, and / or to get into challenging group content knows that your claim that "Hunter is more broken than pre U19" is false. I will agree it is a pretty brutal patch job, but one way or the other hunter is sufficiently effective in dps to be able to rightly earn a spot in challenging content. Hunter is also much more effective in pvp. I'm actually glad they're not going to "fix" anything, because "fix" is more likely to be a nerf. If you imagine that they will ever do a complete overhaul of hunter, where the trait lines are reasonably balanced, you're dreaming. I doubt they even have the skill sets remaining, never mind the resources, to successfully pull off such a thing. No, players with hunter mains have had many years of "fixes", like trait trees in the first place and partial BPE etc. At this point I prefer this version of horribly broken over the version we had previously, or what we would be likely to get if changes were made. Hunter class has had about all the TLC it's likely to get, and other classes are more likely to get "attention" before hunter does again. Of course you might want to ask a Guardian about what getting "attention" is like.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    326
    Quote Originally Posted by SpicyMacHaggis View Post
    I'll save you the time doing tests: it's not.
    The way you said that could be taken both ways. I'm assuming you mean Erebor set is still the better option?
    CAANJAAL - 115 HNT R7, CAANDHUIL - 115 HE CHMP, CAANAGER - 115 WRD R5, CAANJOB - 105 BRG, CAANRI - 16 GRD ---- Rangers of the West; CAANTHIR - 18 HE WRD - Gladden
    CAANJAAL - 115 HE HNT R5, CAANTHIR - 19 HE WRD ---- Du Bekar; CAANVALD - 12 BN ---- Bearly Legal - Arkenstone

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    326
    Quote Originally Posted by Snigol View Post
    With Erebor you win speed (skill spamming) but you lose powerful (Physical Mastery)
    With no Erebor you win powerful (Physical Mastery) but you lose speed (skill spamming)
    Speed is better than powerful (more speed = more dps). An example of this is Blue trait vs Red trait. Blue is quicker than red so blue is strongest than red.
    I changed my 2 pieces from erebor for 2 pieces essences with 4 slots each so I won 8 essences slots but my dps was not improved because I got a low skill spamming...
    Keep working on a rebuild and tell us your conclusions please.
    Kinda. The Erebor set isn't so much about speed as it is the ability to stack Barrage3's, which compounds their damage. Yes you get some more Pen Shots and Blood Arrows in the process, but the Barrage3's are the big thing. Whereas with the higher Physical Mastery, you get harder hitting shots across the board. The question I have is what is the balance between the two now? Is Erebor still better or has higher PM caught up to it? That's what I'm wanting to take a look at.

    Of course this would all be moot if they just take 5 minutes of Dev time. All they need to do is up the duration of Barrage by a few seconds and the need to run armor from 20 levels ago is gone. Of course they'd probably have to remove the armor completely then, so we don't double-dip! LOL!
    CAANJAAL - 115 HNT R7, CAANDHUIL - 115 HE CHMP, CAANAGER - 115 WRD R5, CAANJOB - 105 BRG, CAANRI - 16 GRD ---- Rangers of the West; CAANTHIR - 18 HE WRD - Gladden
    CAANJAAL - 115 HE HNT R5, CAANTHIR - 19 HE WRD ---- Du Bekar; CAANVALD - 12 BN ---- Bearly Legal - Arkenstone

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    113
    Quote Originally Posted by CDingler View Post
    Kinda. The Erebor set isn't so much about speed as it is the ability to stack Barrage3's, which compounds their damage. Yes you get some more Pen Shots and Blood Arrows in the process, but the Barrage3's are the big thing. Whereas with the higher Physical Mastery, you get harder hitting shots across the board. The question I have is what is the balance between the two now? Is Erebor still better or has higher PM caught up to it? That's what I'm wanting to take a look at.

    Of course this would all be moot if they just take 5 minutes of Dev time. All they need to do is up the duration of Barrage by a few seconds and the need to run armor from 20 levels ago is gone. Of course they'd probably have to remove the armor completely then, so we don't double-dip! LOL!


    without erebor works also!

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    2,174
    Quote Originally Posted by CDingler View Post
    ...Of course this would all be moot if they just take 5 minutes of Dev time. All they need to do is up the duration of Barrage by a few seconds and the need to run armor from 20 levels ago is gone. Of course they'd probably have to remove the armor completely then, so we don't double-dip! LOL!
    I think the better solution would be to leave the skill as it is and put the Erebor set bonus onto a new armour set.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by DKenny View Post
    I think the better solution would be to leave the skill as it is and put the Erebor set bonus onto a new armour set.
    Although I agree with that, I must add that not everything is fine, the power penalty of barrage should be reduced greatly, maybe not completely removed but at least adjusted, to something like 20% increased power cost per barrage, not 100%. It's silly that every other class can efficiently sustain dps without the need of a LM power batery or stacking rejuvenation potions while hunters need a power share each 30s or they start falling behind in dps compared to rune keepers.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Kander View Post
    Although I agree with that, I must add that not everything is fine, the power penalty of barrage should be reduced greatly, maybe not completely removed but at least adjusted, to something like 20% increased power cost per barrage, not 100%. It's silly that every other class can efficiently sustain dps without the need of a LM power batery or stacking rejuvenation potions while hunters need a power share each 30s or they start falling behind in dps compared to rune keepers.
    Bribe the cpt for Rallying Cry power restore.

    Man cenuva métim' andúnë.

  14. #14
    The class is beyond easy to DPS with, and produces incredibly high amounts of sustained and burst with minimal effort. At the very least you'd expect Turbine to put it into Red Line.
    ~Rank 11 Loremaster, Arkenstone~

    ~Rank 13 Warg, Arkenstone~

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    326
    Quote Originally Posted by DKenny View Post
    I think the better solution would be to leave the skill as it is and put the Erebor set bonus onto a new armour set.
    Or add it as a regular part of Improved Fleetness!

    All of these are viable fixes, the duration change would just be the quickest in relation to Dev time.
    CAANJAAL - 115 HNT R7, CAANDHUIL - 115 HE CHMP, CAANAGER - 115 WRD R5, CAANJOB - 105 BRG, CAANRI - 16 GRD ---- Rangers of the West; CAANTHIR - 18 HE WRD - Gladden
    CAANJAAL - 115 HE HNT R5, CAANTHIR - 19 HE WRD ---- Du Bekar; CAANVALD - 12 BN ---- Bearly Legal - Arkenstone

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    342
    Enough glass canon builds, competitive for what?

    a note to all tanks out there; they pull it, let them have it, let's see how you hunters, champs, and rk's feel about that. (EDIT) BUT not mini's, I got your back!
    as a tank player; I'm tired of worrying about/saving you.

    (do I say L2P here?)

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Kander View Post
    Although I agree with that, I must add that not everything is fine, the power penalty of barrage should be reduced greatly, maybe not completely removed but at least adjusted, to something like 20% increased power cost per barrage, not 100%. It's silly that every other class can efficiently sustain dps without the need of a LM power batery or stacking rejuvenation potions while hunters need a power share each 30s or they start falling behind in dps compared to rune keepers.
    Seems like reasonable trade off to me for having the best DPS in the game.

    Quote Originally Posted by R_C View Post
    Enough glass canon builds, competitive for what?

    a note to all tanks out there; they pull it, let them have it, let's see how you hunters, champs, and rk's feel about that. (EDIT) BUT not mini's, I got your back!
    as a tank player; I'm tired of worrying about/saving you.

    (do I say L2P here?)
    Well tank is terrible if they can't keep aggro vs hunters.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by R_C View Post
    Enough glass canon builds, competitive for what?

    a note to all tanks out there; they pull it, let them have it, let's see how you hunters, champs, and rk's feel about that. (EDIT) BUT not mini's, I got your back!
    as a tank player; I'm tired of worrying about/saving you.

    (do I say L2P here?)
    I have no problem "having it" on either my champ or a hunter, or even mini, I can deal with extra adds just fine. What I do have a problem with is tanks with single mob I pull at around half morale not moving a finger to get them back - and that happens much more often than it should. I have problem with certain players demanding 140k mastery from dps to run Sko and TotT and sneering at flower gear as well. Such should keep to their precious kins not demand LFF be tailored to their elitist bs.

    Do I say cut people some slack here?

    If I can tank mobs I am not supposed to tank even if I did everything I could not to (including running up and down under your ignorant nose), if I can heal "tanks" losing half morale on 2 mobs and groups hiding behind the pillars and pulling whatever they can grab, if I can sometimes solo carry the entire group dps wise even in my despicable gear; then maybe you could make an extra effort to protect that silly dps not knowing exactly what they are doing and hope some day they might learn. Not everyone is an Ascensio player thank god, because I appreciate friendly attitude and sympathy over arrogant dicks.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Hoarhallow
    Posts
    112
    Quote Originally Posted by CroKat View Post

    If I can tank mobs I am not supposed to tank even if I did everything I could not to (including running up and down under your ignorant nose), if I can heal "tanks" losing half morale on 2 mobs and groups hiding behind the pillars and pulling whatever they can grab, if I can sometimes solo carry the entire group dps wise even in my despicable gear; then maybe you could make an extra effort to protect that silly dps not knowing exactly what they are doing and hope some day they might learn. Not everyone is an Ascensio player thank god, because I appreciate friendly attitude and sympathy over arrogant dicks.
    Isn't Ascensio full of trash players with high egos?
    #worldrecord

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Justapvpdude View Post
    Isn't Ascensio full of trash players with high egos?
    #worldrecord
    I have no idea what kind of players they are. I didnt play 2 years and I believe I can distinctly remember a kin called Ascension or something and even though they had their share or dicks iirc, they still had normal people too. This one I noticed in LFF and tho I saw some big egos in my gaming life I cant believe any LotRO player can have that big one, at this point I am thinking they are RPing some elitist parody. Rather badly too so I just put them on ignore whenever I see one.

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,787
    Quote Originally Posted by DKenny View Post
    I think the better solution would be to leave the skill as it is and put the Erebor set bonus onto a new armour set.
    The bonus of the erebor set belongs to the old mechanics in wich you have to activate fleetness for focus. So I doupt that they put it on new slot-armour. Even the most hunters use it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kander View Post
    Although I agree with that, I must add that not everything is fine, the power penalty of barrage should be reduced greatly, maybe not completely removed but at least adjusted, to something like 20% increased power cost per barrage, not 100%. It's silly that every other class can efficiently sustain dps without the need of a LM power batery or stacking rejuvenation potions while hunters need a power share each 30s or they start falling behind in dps compared to rune keepers.
    Ever play a champ on focus of dps then you don´t use second wind if you have a lm. You need him as well.
    K powercost of a hunter is based on one skill but as a champ you have higher cost on all skills.

    Quote Originally Posted by siipperi View Post
    Seems like reasonable trade off to me for having the best DPS in the game.



    Well tank is terrible if they can't keep aggro vs hunters.
    Tanking vs a hunter or more wich used the assist target is easy,just build up prime threat and after that use your 3 taunts(+maybe some skills between) and after that a second time fray and you have the threat save. It´s about 103 million of threat, without using something else than your 3 tauntsand a second fray. St-target threat is never the problem mass(9+ targets) vs champs isn´t possible to hold the threat all over the time if they have lot of morale.
    But I must admi that I prefer a mechanic in wich tanking is possible without using taunts like in the old days.

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    2,174
    Quote Originally Posted by R_C View Post
    Enough glass canon builds, competitive for what?

    a note to all tanks out there; they pull it, let them have it, let's see how you hunters, champs, and rk's feel about that. (EDIT) BUT not mini's, I got your back!
    as a tank player; I'm tired of worrying about/saving you.

    (do I say L2P here?)
    So if you're not going to hold aggro, what exactly is your role? Sure, the dps shouldn't make your job harder, but if you're just going to quit doing your job what's the point of having you along at all? A good tank is what allows the dps to go "glass cannon" which in turn makes everything go faster / easier. Sure, a hunter can do a more defensive build, but if they need to go that way then might as well just have another hunter and not a guard that can't manage dps and isn't going to hold aggro for the sake of the team.

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    2,174
    Quote Originally Posted by Mukor View Post
    The bonus of the erebor set belongs to the old mechanics in wich you have to activate fleetness for focus. So I doupt that they put it on new slot-armour. Even the most hunters use it.

    Maybe they won't, but the bonus works quite well (obviously) with the current "mechanics", which is (obviously) why hunters are willing to sacrifice stats on two pieces of armour in order to get the bonus. The point was simply that, going forward, it would be nice if they didn't have to sacrifice the stats. Of course I'll just be happy if they stop putting vitality in place of agility on medium armour going forward.

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,787
    Quote Originally Posted by DKenny View Post
    So if you're not going to hold aggro, what exactly is your role? Sure, the dps shouldn't make your job harder, but if you're just going to quit doing your job what's the point of having you along at all? A good tank is what allows the dps to go "glass cannon" which in turn makes everything go faster / easier. Sure, a hunter can do a more defensive build, but if they need to go that way then might as well just have another hunter and not a guard that can't manage dps and isn't going to hold aggro for the sake of the team.
    Well keeping threat vs a hunter is one of the easiest jobs, even if you only scream if they run away is good enough that hunters don´t get dmg. Neverless pure class canon is a sort of harakiri with the current mechanics of splash and randomhits. This counts for hunters and rks. champions doesn´t have this option cause they will have the threat on morethan 8 targets and this needs to be changed that guards as maintanks with no otherrole are able to keep the threat vs minmum 15 targets all over the time, but this doesn´t belog to this threat. It´s about hunters.
    And I think it´s fair to sacrifice statsfor this bonus if both would be given it would be far to op 100k dps are already possible what amount of dps do you want to reach?

  25. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by DKenny View Post
    Maybe they won't, but the bonus works quite well (obviously) with the current "mechanics", which is (obviously) why hunters are willing to sacrifice stats on two pieces of armour in order to get the bonus.
    1. It's not working as intended. Explained often enough...
    2. It's making inductions obsolete. Blue is about movement, inductions while moving and improved focus, not about spamming focusskills without the need to use any induction at all.

    It's too strong.
    pre U 19: hunter was fine(traitline balance was ok, not great but ok), red RK dps was broken.
    post U19: hunter buffed to RK level by using a broken skill and set and traitline balance is ruined. Even worse than moria times when red had a huge threat and power malus.

    Defending a broken state won't help the class. The class needs peoplem who draw the attention to its broken state, not ignorance. Maybe there is chance to get some real fixes after Mordor, Beornings an Guardians. Thanks to the miserable bandaid fixes - and those, who accepted them - hunters aren't on the list of pressing matters anymore.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam.
    Lingering Wound needs to scale the same way Barbed Arrow and Exsanguinate do.

 

 
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload