We have detected that cookies are not enabled on your browser. Please enable cookies to ensure the proper experience.

What's the big announcement from Chance Thomas? And some questions on LOTRO music.

I heard it yesterday that there will be a big announcement on 20th, April. It's been 21th even on Eastern time, so anybody know it? I don't see anything from his official site.
    Another question:
    It seems that Chance Thomas only composed music for LOTRO initial release version (Shadows of Angmar) and expansions. So who composed music for this game since Helm's Deep expansion. I have to say that theme of Western Gondor/Dol Amroth, ambient sound of Battle of the Pelennor Field and Battle at the Black Gate are wonderful. I did take them Chance Thomas's creation before (because they are equally good as his creation).

Quote Originally Posted by aocume View Post
    I heard it yesterday that there will be a big announcement on 20th, April. It's been 21th even on Eastern time, so anybody know it? I don't see anything from his official site.
    Another question:
    It seems that Chance Thomas only composed music for LOTRO initial release version (Shadows of Angmar) and expansions. So who composed music for this game since Helm's Deep expansion. I have to say that theme of Western Gondor/Dol Amroth, ambient sound of Battle of the Pelennor Field and Battle at the Black Gate are wonderful. I did take them Chance Thomas's creation before (because they are equally good as his creation).
    Whatever it is, it is something that deals with a contract because during Cordovan's stream yesterday he said he could not discuss anything until contracts were signed or something to that effect. I believe it was around the 15-20 min mark in that video. I would assume Mordor expansion music and maybe further involvement for future plans. The team seems to be in a better position to spend money on things they want vs what the boardroom wants and that seems to include the small touches as well.
    Pinched - Burglar - Founding member of the Kin that Says Nii on Landroval.

We've had a number of other composers besides Chance writing music for LOTRO over the years. Here's a summary of how it breaks down to hopefully clarify things a bit:

- The music from the earliest areas of the game up through Central Gondor was composed by Steve DiGregorio and Egan Budd.

- The music for South Ithilien, Osgiliath, Minas Tirith, Pelennor, and North Ithilien was composed by Matt Harwood. He also wrote the combat music for the Battle of the Black Gate, as well as a landscape track and two combat tracks for The Wastes.

- The majority of music for The Wastes landscape, instances, and combat was composed by Bill Champagne. He also wrote the new tracks for the Cape of Belfalas housing area.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by DarthCeltics View Post
    We've had a number of other composers besides Chance writing music for LOTRO over the years. Here's a summary of how it breaks down to hopefully clarify things a bit:

- The music from the earliest areas of the game up through Central Gondor was composed by Steve DiGregorio and Egan Budd.

- The music for South Ithilien, Osgiliath, Minas Tirith, Pelennor, and North Ithilien was composed by Matt Harwood. He also wrote the combat music for the Battle of the Black Gate, as well as a landscape track and two combat tracks for The Wastes.

- The majority of music for The Wastes landscape, instances, and combat was composed by Bill Champagne. He also wrote the new tracks for the Cape of Belfalas housing area.
    Thanks!
    Landroval: Kibilturg (Watchers of Elendil); Taurunion, Erohtar (Taters and Traders)
    Crickhollow: Kibilturg (Tarciryan Knights), Zigilturg (Forever Notorious), Birnavor (The Northern Kingdom), Nuncle (Casual Wanderers)
    Visiting elsewhere as Kibilturg, Urwendil... Born and raised on Imladris

Wow, brilliant job and salute to them.
    Is that possible for them or SSG to release soundtracks for post-HD area as a collection or else?

Aah I knew there was something distinctive there I think I have a favourite composer then! I can't find anything about him online though?

The Minas Tirith music is some of my favorite game music from the last few years.
    “All that is gold does not glitter,
    Not all those who wander are lost;
    The old that is strong does not wither,
    Deep roots are not reached by the frost."

Quote Originally Posted by Theomur View Post
    Aah I knew there was something distinctive there I think I have a favourite composer then! I can't find anything about him online though?
    Matthew Harwood
    http://vgmdb.net/artist/3383

Sergio :-)
    Moved from Riddermark to Landroval on 2/10/1015!

Finland, having a costume party with Jon Sandheaver

It would be awesome if those other composers could share their stories about the composing processes too. I.e. what thoughts they had and how the different LotR events affected them while writing music etc. At least to me, as an amateur musician, it's very interesting to read those 'behind the scenes' stories that Chance has written. I very strongly can relate to the 'creative chaos' which music writing sometimes is. Minor ideas and even accidents can lead to (or become) main features in the piece.

Quote Originally Posted by Theomur View Post
    Indeed! I loved the Pelennor and Black Gate music! Totally goosebumps non stop!
    As refered on other post : https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthr...93#post7716693
    Rucagorn, The White Guardian - Portugal
    fellowshipguardians.guildlaunch.com/